English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - Gaming

Old 23 July 2019, 14:36   #41
Daedalus

If it ever happens that I have the chance to play again, I'd be interested in joining too. A private group for EAB could be a good thing...
Old 23 July 2019, 15:06   #42
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rk3lf View Post
So, travel is that long, huh?
No wormholes or something to get faster?
In ED you can upgrade and customize ships to make longer jumps, but even that does not help you as much as you would hope. There are no wormhole, but there might be more super carriers that ED team is testing in game.

To explain about size of galaxy, Colonia is around 25,000 ly from Sol. Above mentioned Vulture can jump around 8ly (stock version). So, how many jumps do you need, and how long will take to scoop all fuel?? Actually, if you try to go in strait line, you will get very soon to place where you can't jump to next star, since galaxy is modeled after Milky Way and there are places where stars are too far from each other, end even if you find star to jump, you better hope to be able to reach next scoopable star.

Once you unlock engineers, you can upgrade jump range at cost of protection and weapons - so for example, my Anaconda few weeks ago got completely remodeled and now is exploration ship, with jump range close to 80ly. You also have to unlock Guardian technology. (for this build, only 2 modules are guardian - power plant and FSD Booster)

There is also Neutron Star boosting option, at cost of module health - if you crazy enough to scoop neutron star cone and pass through it, you can boost FSD (Frame Shift Drive) and you can then jump 4 x your regular jump range.

Every time you do this, you loose about 1% of health on FSD, so you have to carry AFMU (Auto Field-Maintenance Unit) - so that after 10 or so jumps you can park and fix ship.

There is also risk, if you don't follow safe recommendations to loose ship in neutron star.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rk3lf View Post
I just saw a youtube video (from last week), where the guy tells that all of the Thargoids just disappeared, and can't be found anywhere now.
I really hope they have some cool story behind all this.
Targoids were attacking 4-5 systems per week for very long time - now since game is more of a simulator then your regular game, to get them out of system, players have to fight them. Once they are driven out of system, players have to rescue folks on damaged space stations and once that is done, players have to help with repair. There are groups of players online who just do this part of the game, for fun.

Targoids did disappear few weeks ago, but are already back.

It is funny that you can follow news in game, while playing - that tells you about lates in game news.

At the moment I have access to all except one ship (Imperial Cutter), have around 4 billion credits and close to 30 ships, most of them well engineered for their role.

Just 2 weeks ago I also completed first expedition from ED Star Map. That was fun, and if you like space and photography, expeditions like this are great. My goal of setting Anaconda Explorer was to join this expedition.

Here are specs of Exploraiton Anaconda

Here are some pictures from that trip.

And my other exploration ship (WIP)

Last edited by Anubis; 23 July 2019 at 15:34.
Old 23 July 2019, 15:24   #43
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

My first exploration ship and trip to Colonia (only 3k ly from center of galaxy) following trip to Center of Milkey Way and massive black hole (thing that looks like number 8)
Old 23 July 2019, 15:41   #44
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
If it ever happens that I have the chance to play again, I'd be interested in joining too. A private group for EAB could be a good thing...

It shows you were online few weeks ago.

What happened?

Last edited by Anubis; 24 July 2019 at 17:56.
Old 18 September 2019, 12:00   #45
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Alright alright, the game was on a big sale again so I just bit the bullet and got it together with the DLC. The flesh is weak.
Old 18 September 2019, 14:33   #46
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Good choice...

On this post is everything you need to make your life among stars easier: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=1316898&postcount=3

If you interested in hints as which way is easiest to get to properly setup ship, let me know. There are now multiple ways to make good money in game without grinding.

After getting 3rd Elite, I cased playing for a bit to be able to play anything else. This game is really addictive...

Last edited by Anubis; 18 September 2019 at 14:51.
Old 19 September 2019, 11:05   #47
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Eh no, I'm going in completely blind and will just screw up a hundred times like you're supposed to
Old 19 September 2019, 13:27   #48
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Game is build that way, that you can explore anyway you want. I would suggest before going in dark, just install EDiscover, as that tool will help you keep a track where are you and where you are going. (it also keeps a track how often you visited systems etc.)

Use that tool to link your account to EDDB, EDSM and INARA. Each one of these has something that will greatly help you, from looking to closest star that has best price for commodity you are trying to sell, to closest interstellar factor, place where you can pay off bounty on your head, or otherwise you might end up in jail or worse, they will hunt you down.

Here is my commander link @ inara: https://inara.cz/cmdr/171579/ .

You can also create your own signature image...

Since April, all small ships come with advanced docking computer that will dock/take off automatically, but if you really like to practice landing, you can disable it few times. It is fun with HOTAS, a bit less fun with keyboard and gamepad and nightmare with mouse.

If you like to play with headphone set, invest 10 bucks and get yourself voice attack. It makes whole ED experience much more personal and fun. It is always nice to be able to say to computer what speed to run, when to turn off engines, arm weapons or Landing Gear. It is great to have assistant the board, and helps not to look for key on keyboard/controller etc. One of the first thing I always set on new computer is 25%, 50%, 75% and full throttle both ways. This helps since I never use supercruise assistant - it is faster if you fly, since you can throttle to 100% to counter of 7 and than 75% to landing, where supercruise assistant constantly flies @ 75%.

There is only 1 rule in AD universe - never fly without bayout.

Good luck!

Last edited by Anubis; 19 September 2019 at 21:37.
Old 22 September 2019, 12:00   #49
Ian
Global Moderator

So, I brought it too, in the launcher is it best to just start with Elite dangerous or just go with horizon is there any different between the two?
Old 23 September 2019, 15:20   #50
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Always start with Horizon. Only time I started ED is when I got stuck on planet because I was crazy jumping with SRV around and managed to get stuck with it. Logging with ED in that case will place you in orbit, which is better option then to destroy SRV,especially since I was 1k lights away from closest station.
Old 27 September 2019, 23:22   #51
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Interesting video regarding Elite Dangerous Start...

[ Show youtube player ]

Few months back there was race who can get Elite status sooner - end it is possible to get it in about 10 hours. (you need tog et 1 bil credits) Reason you want to become Elite - unlocking access to Founders World - Shinrarta Dezhra - with Jameson Memorial orbital base that has all ships and equipment @ 10% discount.

Doing first time void opal mining - one of most memorable experience in game.
Old 13 October 2019, 23:17   #52
Unkown
The Old Fart!

Anybody still playing elite ?
Old 14 October 2019, 13:42   #53
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Unfortunately I don't have time to play it atm. When I start it again, I will most likely spend most of time out of bubble (where I already were at the time I stopped playing), while making full circle around galaxy in ED universe.

I wrote before here about my little exploration conda.
Old 14 October 2019, 14:07   #54
Daedalus

It's rare that I have the time for it (or any game) these days too. Occasionally I pop in for an hour or two, but that's it... And most of that time is spent wondering why I was parked up in some cosmic backwater in a ship I don't remember building
Old 14 October 2019, 16:54   #55
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkown View Post
Anybody still playing elite ?
I still have to start So many games to still play...
Old 14 October 2019, 19:14   #56
Ian
Global Moderator

I play at the moment, Solo only though.
Old 14 October 2019, 20:01   #57
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Ian, how do you like it?
Old 14 October 2019, 20:39   #58
Ian
Global Moderator

It's alright I find making money quickly quite boring. So am try to rank up in the empire to get a clipper for some proper mining to get to elite. Got the asp explorer at the moment and its not really powerful or holds enough cargo.
Old 14 October 2019, 21:15   #59
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

That is good plan.

I used Python for mining, because I never had enough time to fill more than python was capable to carry. ASP explorer should be able to collect enough money to get one in single mining operation, if you have good ring with void opal. I did try double hotspot painite mining, but find that so boring and last time stopped before even close to half done.

I used this reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteMiners/ and this tool http://edtools.ddns.net/miner .

As for ranks, most easy way to get imperial ranks was to do data missions between Ngalinn-Mainani. For one weekend I managed to get to King rank, even I should have stopped @ Duke. (to kill boredom, select couple of assassination missions as well )

Good luck getting Clipper.

Last edited by Anubis; 14 October 2019 at 21:21.
Old 15 October 2019, 07:47   #60
Unkown
The Old Fart!

Join Group: ShadowNet - Will Need Elite Dangerous: Horizons

Join Squadron : Details Soon - Because i forgot the squadron name.

Join Discord : Details Soon ( For Playing Elite )

Private Ventrilo Server: Details On Request ONLY! ,Because its Private.

Would be nice to get back in to Elite once Again