English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene > Member Introductions

Old 11 October 2019, 10:50   #1
Jolabandola

Hi all!

My name is Joel and I'm from Sweden. So glad to be a part of this forum. Right now i have quite many questions and a ton to learn and this seems to be the best place for both.
Me and my friends tinkered around on Amigas back in the day and I was able to finally get one of my own as a birthday gift when i was 14. I am still as much a lamer now as I was back in -93.
I recently decided to dig my old childhood companion out of its basement dwelling. I have had it in my mind all this time but never had the time until just recently.
It is my beloved A600HD wich was kitted with a A601 so i could make animations in DeluxePaint. I know its not the best Amiga out there but it has great sentimental value to me.
Last time it was switched on many years ago it smelled kinda fishy so i found someone here in Sweden who could recap the motherboard and PSU.
Right now i am preparing a CF-Card with all the Bells and whistles in Winuae while i wait for the motherboard to get back.
I have some plans for my old friend. Furia, pcmcia cardreader, gotec, monitor and so on and this forum will probably have answers to many of my noob questions

Good to be here!
/Joel
Old 11 October 2019, 12:25   #2
Unkown
The Old Fart!

Hello and welcome to E.A.B, We all start out as a n00b and its good tobe a n00b once again i like being a n00b even at my age... the progression too uber n00b shal be fast with the vast knowledgeable minds on this forum.

Anyhoo once again welcome and enjoy your stay with all...