English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.MAGE

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 31 August 2019, 02:59   #2281
majestyx
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: PA - USA
Age: 50
Posts: 36
For once, I'm glad I didn't see the message for the updated pack until now! Currently grabbing it...

Thanks for the new release and for updating it to your level of perfection~!
majestyx is offline  
Old 01 September 2019, 20:32   #2282
Martecx
Registered User

 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Italy
Posts: 2
Hi everyone, I just joined the forum because I wanted to try DamnieD's winuae collection and I have to say that it's really fantastic. You immediately see the commitment and care in selecting the various games that make it up in fact they all work immediately and without problems and there are not so many collections that I think can match this. However I would have liked to have the games already compressed in their directori also because I noticed that winuae is able to also launch the 7zip for example. Anyway, great work thanks to DamnieD. Forgive my English I use the translator.
Martecx is offline  
Old 01 September 2019, 20:55   #2283
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 15,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martecx View Post
Hi everyone, I just joined the forum because I wanted to try DamnieD's winuae collection and I have to say that it's really fantastic. You immediately see the commitment and care in selecting the various games that make it up in fact they all work immediately and without problems and there are not so many collections that I think can match this. However I would have liked to have the games already compressed in their directori also because I noticed that winuae is able to also launch the 7zip for example. Anyway, great work thanks to DamnieD. Forgive my English I use the translator.
Hi there Martecx,

Many thanks for taking the time to review / write feedback; it's much appreciated

The reason why I don't compress files is that some games need to be write enabled in order to allow high score saving / option adjustments

...plus these days; space shouldn't be an issue for most
DamienD is online now  
Old 01 September 2019, 21:14   #2284
Martecx
Registered User

 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Italy
Posts: 2
I suspected that there might be a need to write on diskettes but I was


hoping it could still be compressed, however as you say it is true that today



space on hard disks is not a problem.
Martecx is offline  
Old 01 September 2019, 21:35   #2285
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 15,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martecx View Post
I suspected that there might be a need to write on diskettes but I was hoping it could still be compressed
Unfortunately not when compresed with .ZIP / .RAR / .7Z...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martecx View Post
however as you say it is true that today space on hard disks is not a problem.
DamienD is online now  
Old 02 September 2019, 01:21   #2286
liveevil
Custom User Title

 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Unfortunately not when compresed with .ZIP / .RAR / .7Z...


But doesn't WinUAE save a 'differences' file if the image is compressed, so that it doesn't alter the original, I thought it did ?
liveevil is offline  
Old 02 September 2019, 13:10   #2287
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 15,493
Possibly; but can't remember where it saves the temporary "differences" file to.

Gets messy so; and not worth the trouble just to save a little bit of space...

Plus I'd need to zip all files individually; and then reupload the whole collection again... which isn't going to happen

Currently it stands at 14.8GB WinRAR'd; and 27.5GB extracted

Last edited by DamienD; 02 September 2019 at 23:00.
DamienD is online now  
Old 03 September 2019, 14:25   #2288
zoodah
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Norfolk, USA
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Possibly; but can't remember where it saves the temporary "differences" file to.

Gets messy so; and not worth the trouble just to save a little bit of space...

Plus I'd need to zip all files individually; and then reupload the whole collection again... which isn't going to happen

Currently it stands at 14.8GB WinRAR'd; and 27.5GB extracted

Be happy you didn't choose to do this project for DOS games. Current version for that is close to 480GB.
zoodah is offline  
Old 05 September 2019, 01:55   #2289
Neil79
Registered User
Neil79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Kent
Age: 40
Posts: 2,731
Cheers for the heads up, did a re-install of the original release... Didn't have space previously
Neil79 is offline  
Old 05 September 2019, 02:34   #2290
ramon
Registered User

 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 12
Just installed the whole thing and it's magnificent. A few suggestions:

1- The base install is 24 X 500MB files, but covers packs from 1 to 20, not 24. At the same time, the extra packs are numbered from 21 to 24! I thought I was done after downloading the first 24 500MB files. Was a bit confusing until I figured it out. I guess it would be much easier anyway to bundle everything into 1 single torrent for distribution than to click on 28 different links.

2- All games are set for 60Hz. I like to run a script with "setres.exe" to switch my screen to 50hz and run all my Amiga emulation at 50Hz with Vsync ON as most games and demos came from Europe with 50fps PAL. look smother with no tearing, especially with left and right scrolling. The script:

"C:\Util\SetResSingle_V2_3 GPL3\SetRes.exe" h1680 v1050 f50
START /W "" "D:\Commodore\Amiga\Emulator\WinUAE\winuae64.exe"
"C:\Util\SetResSingle_V2_3 GPL3\SetRes.exe" h1680 v1050 f60

This script switch my screen refresh to 50Hz, launch Winuae, and then switch back to
60Hz when quitting Winuae, all automatically.

You'll also notice the native screen resolution of 1680x1050. I always use my LCD in native resolution and let the Nvidia drivers do the upscalling and downscalling. To do so, you have to go in Nvidia control panel, Display/Adjust desktop size and position/scaling and set "scaling mode" to "aspect ratio" and "perform scaling on" and set it to "GPU" and finally tick the option "override the scaling mode set by games and program".

You also must create a 50Hz driverresolution profile by going to display/change resolution and click "customize". Tick the option "Enable resolutions not exposed by the display" and then click "create custom Resolution". The only thing you must change is the refresh rate from 60 to 50 and hit "test" and then click OK. You now have a 50Hz native resolution capable setup and the driver will upscale all resolution from 480p up to your native resolution, in 50Hz.

3- For OCS/ECS to use native resolution at 50Hz, instead of 640x480 Default refresh (60Hz), In Winuae settings/Display, set the full screen to "Native", and refresh to 50Hz. Then go to settings/Filter and set the filter to 2XSaI, set the scaling to "Default", set aspect Ratio Correction to "automatic" and tick "Keep aspect ratio". You are now gaming at native resolution, at 50Hz, with the right scaling and ratio, and the upscale is done by your video card drivers. Win, win, win. Only click the 50Hz script before you do anything.

4- For AGA, it's almost the same: Use native resolution at 50Hz, instead of 640x480 Default refresh (60Hz), In Winuae settings/Display, set the full screen to "Native", and refresh to 50Hz. Then go to settings/Filter and set the filter to 2XSaI, set the scaling to "automatic scaling", set aspect Ratio Correction to "automatic" and tick "Keep autoscale aspect" but do not trick "Keep aspect ratio". Because most AGA stuff is presented in 16:10 ratio, you'll get much more screen estate that way instead of viewing it inside a 4:3 aspect and then 16:10 inside that 4:3, which is much smaller on screen.

5- I also noticed that the games profiles are in stereo. I have a 5.1 setup. So by setting Winuae to 5.1 in Sound/settings/channel mode, 4 tracks MOD music are played on the 4 corners channels (left and right front + left and right back speakers) independently, 1 channel per track! Totally change the sound experience. Digital WAV or MP3 are still played only from the front speakers, even in 5.1 mode.

6- I also like my stereo separation at 20% or 30%. 70% is way too much exclusively left or right for my taste. You still get plenty of stereo effect at 30%, but the overall sound envelope is much more natural. I remember hating the 100% separation of the original hardware because of the huge void in the middle of the sound stage.

7- Entirely a personal taste, but I like the floppy sound when loading, as far as realism is concerned, gets me right back to the days of my A500!

So that's it, thanks a lot for all the work that has been put into this!

Cheer,
Ramon
ramon is offline  
Old 05 September 2019, 10:30   #2291
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 15,493
Thanks for taking the time to post feedback Ramon

Problem for me is that my laptop / graphics card won't do 50Hz so... this has been left at default.

Other suggestions; I'll have a play around and see.
DamienD is online now  
Old 05 September 2019, 21:40   #2292
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 15,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramon View Post
"C:\Util\SetResSingle_V2_3 GPL3\SetRes.exe" h1680 v1050 f50
START /W "" "D:\Commodore\Amiga\Emulator\WinUAE\winuae64.exe"
"C:\Util\SetResSingle_V2_3 GPL3\SetRes.exe" h1680 v1050 f60
Tried "SetRes" but unsupported on my laptop / graphics card:



To be honest; I don't notice any "tearing" with my current setup.

I do however; if I change from "Direct3D 9" --> "Direct3D 11", leave as default or enable "Lagless VSynce (Beamraced)" / "Lagless VSync (BR), 50/60Hz".

Last edited by DamienD; 05 September 2019 at 22:10.
DamienD is online now  
Old 06 September 2019, 02:58   #2293
enigma776
Bringer of Death

enigma776's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: UK
Age: 36
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Tried "SetRes" but unsupported on my laptop / graphics card:



To be honest; I don't notice any "tearing" with my current setup.

I do however; if I change from "Direct3D 9" --> "Direct3D 11", leave as default or enable "Lagless VSynce (Beamraced)" / "Lagless VSync (BR), 50/60Hz".
I couldn't get it to work either, not supported on my system at all.
enigma776 is offline  
Old 06 September 2019, 12:13   #2294
Taylan Can
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Istanbul / Turkey
Posts: 24
Hi to everyone....
How can we get this program ?
Thanks.
Taylan Can is offline  
Old 06 September 2019, 12:29   #2295
Dunny
Registered User

Dunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Scunthorpe/United Kingdom
Posts: 1,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylan Can View Post
Hi to everyone....
How can we get this program ?
Thanks.
https://atrandom.iansharpe.com/setres.php
Dunny is online now  
Old 07 September 2019, 03:55   #2296
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 15,493
Taylan Can was talking about my collection; not "SetRes"

Cheers though Dunny

Sorted; all it takes from anyone is a polite PM and the possibility of providing some feedback, good or bad (and even if they don't at the end of the day; which many, many people haven't bothered to)...

I don't really need that; I'm happy with my collection as it is and am proud of what I've achieved; that's all that counts for me

...but feedback is always welcome; and I'll look into any suggestions detailing improvements.

And if you feel so inclined and appreciate how long something like this takes to achieve for one, lone man; you can always donate but obviously it's not mandatory.

As I've said from day one (and proven), all money received goes back into the Amiga community to hopefully kickstart something good etc... that's all I've ever wanted from my personal project; as that's all I really have to offer.
DamienD is online now  
Old 10 September 2019, 17:15   #2297
Neil79
Registered User
Neil79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Kent
Age: 40
Posts: 2,731
All is installed,unpacked and everything shows correctly. But upon loading any game, I just get the workbench insert disk screen. Nothing else happens :9

I do respect all the incredible work gone into this though !
Neil79 is offline  
Old 10 September 2019, 17:26   #2298
enigma776
Bringer of Death

enigma776's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: UK
Age: 36
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil79 View Post
All is installed,unpacked and everything shows correctly. But upon loading any game, I just get the workbench insert disk screen. Nothing else happens :9

I do respect all the incredible work gone into this though !
you forgot to click "LOAD" on the config screen. You can just double click on the config as well I think.
enigma776 is offline  
Old 10 September 2019, 17:43   #2299
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 43
Posts: 15,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil79 View Post
All is installed,unpacked and everything shows correctly. But upon loading any game, I just get the workbench insert disk screen. Nothing else happens :9
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma776 View Post
you forgot to click "LOAD" on the config screen. You can just double click on the config as well I think.
Yup, sounds like you just clicked "Start".

It's best to just double-click on a game that you want to play

Saves you clicking "Load" and then "Start".
DamienD is online now  
Old 10 September 2019, 19:16   #2300
Neil79
Registered User
Neil79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Kent
Age: 40
Posts: 2,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Yup, sounds like you just clicked "Start".

It's best to just double-click on a game that you want to play

Saves you clicking "Load" and then "Start".

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma776 View Post
you forgot to click "LOAD" on the config screen. You can just double click on the config as well I think.



I'm allowed a few stupid moments, been using my real Amiga all this time and forgot to load configs when it's WinUAE

Cheers
Neil79 is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[DamienD] WinUAE v3.2.2 - Games "DAT File" DamienD request.Old Rare Games 29 10 February 2016 01:02
DamienD's SNES DVD... DamienD Retrogaming General Discussion 282 03 November 2008 10:54

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.17174 seconds with 16 queries