English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - General

Old 11 August 2019, 18:01   #121
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraNarwhal View Post
Sure pumps out a lot of games in little time, shame as a bit more time on them and they'd feel more polished.
Polished?
A turd would be faster to polish than that man.
Old 11 August 2019, 18:14   #122
DamienD
Global Moderator

mcgeezer is correct; you can't polish these games anymore, no matter how hard you try, due to "Backbone".

You can't seriously tell me that a game of this *cough* quality shouldn't run on a "A500 - 512KB Chip RAM" easily without hiccups; not to mention with better graphics / sound / game features?
Old 11 August 2019, 18:20   #123
mcgeezer

How about i take the graphics, stick it in the Rygar engine, then make it run on a standard ocs amiga.

Would take about 2 weeks.

I’d call it Cuban Beret. Hahahahahaha
Old 11 August 2019, 18:26   #124
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeezer View Post
How about i take the graphics, stick it in the Rygar engine, then make it run on a standard ocs amiga.

Would take about 2 weeks.

I’d call it Cuban Beret. Hahahahahaha
Speaking of Rygar and OCS, how much would need to be cut out to make it work on an OCS machine? Is it more a memory issue than just reducing a playfield?
Old 11 August 2019, 18:32   #125
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
Speaking of Rygar and OCS, how much would need to be cut out to make it work on an OCS machine? Is it more a memory issue than just reducing a playfield?
Would need to remove the parallax. Levels would take longer to load in some instances.

Would need 0.5 fast ram too.
Old 11 August 2019, 18:37   #126
UltraNarwhal

By polish I meant better level designs, but yeah Backbone performance would still nerf the game for the majority of Amiga owners.
Old 12 August 2019, 01:15   #127
Neil79

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Neil; how is this new?

http://www.indieretronews.com/2019/0...iron-gate.html

Just because Saberman made a video yesterday?

...and jojo073 has blocked you but you still promote his rubbish on your cool site.

May I ask why?
Wont be after this, trust me on that one!
Old 12 August 2019, 01:17   #128
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil79 View Post
Wont be after this, trust me on that one!
Please do us all a favour my friend; and do he same for Amiten

...the pinnacle of shame to the Amiga name / scene

It's not the first time that this has occurred; remember the Coco Banana drama; besides numerous others that have occurred over many years?

...it's a continual pattern of bullshit / sub quality games / rip-offs in order to make a quick buck

See this thread; and also comments on your own website; which is where EAB got the news from.

...no one should be promoting this idiot's "scamware".

But what's even more unbelievable; who actually purchases this crap at ludicrous prices??? Coco Bonkers @ €27; you can't be serious???

Yup, fools that purchased this rubbish are keeping this scammer in business, well done!!!

Last edited by DamienD; 12 August 2019 at 02:15.
Old 12 August 2019, 01:21   #129
Neil79

Old 12 August 2019, 04:03   #130
LongLifeA1200

JoJo would prefer to work alone (it seems to me) with an game-engine to take care of the coding side of things.

As for "good artist" and "what a shame" comments etc. I respectfully disagree. When he's able to draw outside of ill-proportioned bobblehead figures, only then will he be a good artist in my estimation.
Old 12 August 2019, 11:55   #131
Neil79

PLEASE NOTE : Due to us being blocked on Twitter and the complications with the EAB/Amiga community and the developer, we will no longer be featuring IRON GATE games on Indie Retro News.... Bah humbug!

Old 12 August 2019, 12:29   #132
Steril707
Tigerskunk!

I think he made some nice larger scale pictures, but that chibi-bubble-head-stuff and those always the same creepy lifeless facial expressions of his blokes really makes me wanna vomit, every time I see it.

It looks so uncanny and weirdo.
Old 12 August 2019, 12:34   #133
Steril707
Tigerskunk!

On another note, I concur that coverage of these games really hurts our scene.
We have some really nice quality stuff coming out lately that shows off our chosen machines strengths. No need to show off those low FPS backbone stinkers anymore.

Hopefully he at least switches over to Earoks Scorpion Engine soon.

But my feeling is, he won't.
Old 12 August 2019, 14:43   #134
kikems

I have remained silent until now, one also has limits.

The reality is even worse. Has anyone wondered who is that prolific musician who is involved in almost his games? Jojo call him Cueik.

The reality is that Cuaik has been laughing at all of us for a long time.

I have been horrified when on a well-known website that collects Amiga game modules, I have seen Cueik as the author of some musics of Iron hate games.
I have felt more shame when I have seen some comments congratulating the author for his fantastic musical creations.

The truth is ... Cueik does not exist. Cueik it's a famous Amiga program which generates random music based on predefined patterns. In short, an automatic mod music generator.

For this reason, when I see attacks on projects such as Macgezzer's and the problems that have been generated here on eab vs DamienD or Neil79 and his work, my blood burns.
Old 12 August 2019, 15:16   #135
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

I don't think we should put Jojo & Amiten in the same basket.

In summary:

- The first one (Jojo) creates original content (until proven opposite, no gfx rip or whatever). His code skills makes him use a backbone engine. So what ? It remains original content created by him. I don't see it making any damage to the Amiga scene.

- The second one (Amiten) uses other people's work to create games and make money with it. I don't see it as an Amiga scene problem AS the majority of the scene is condemning such attitude. I see it as a problem for him, so we should continue to condemn it each and every time it happens. One day or another he will arrive at a point where he will find himself marginalized enough to stop all this... and maybe, working hypothesis, start creating original content.

Even if the first one had a strange behaviour at the announcement of the competition result, his original work deserves attention.
Old 12 August 2019, 15:25   #136
LongLifeA1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikems View Post
I have remained silent until now... Cueik does not exist.
I might as well drop the other shoe, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Penguin View Post
liberal attitude to copyright infringement.
That's because of his other secret - he can't actually draw...

Quote:
Originally Posted by malko View Post
(Jojo) creates original content (until proven opposite, no gfx rip or whatever).
Sorry I'm about to break the news...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steril707 View Post
I think he made some nice larger scale pictures
That's because he didn't draw them. They're stock images found on the internet that have been color-reduced and had a dithered effect applied.
Old 12 August 2019, 16:13   #137
E-Penguin
Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikems View Post
Cueik it's a famous Amiga program which generates random music based on predefined patterns. In short, an automatic mod music generator.
A bit off-topic but where can I get that? Sounds a great solution for throwing together some background music for a simple game.

Properly credited, obviously!
Old 12 August 2019, 17:26   #138
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Penguin View Post
A bit off-topic but where can I get that? Sounds a great solution for throwing together some background music for a simple game.

Properly credited, obviously!
I actually am very interested on this too!!
Old 12 August 2019, 18:21   #139
kikems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterhand View Post
I actually am very interested on this too!!
I know AlgoMusic, I think exist other apps for auto generate .mod but not remember their names now.

http://aminet.net/package/mus/misc/AlgoMusic2_4

I think that all contributions of games for Amiga community are welcome, good games, bad games, especially if shared free. The other users can download, and opine if like or not, this is the base of forums, blogs, etc...

When you share your game free it's not important for me if you used rip graphics , music or anything else, but when someone open his bag asking for money donations or sales, I think it's very important to be honest with music, graphics or code you use.

If you use ripped graphics it's simple, please credit the original author.
If you use use a maker or framework, please credit the original autor of framework or gamemaker.
If you use autogenerated music, please don't use a fictional user to get a merit that doesn't belong to your product, simply say it and credit the original author of music generator.

I think all of these are very easy rules to follow for anyone who is honest and wants to be respected by the community.
Old 12 August 2019, 18:26   #140
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

[ Show youtube player ]

I remember using Algomusic but, if I recall correctly, it doesn't give you mod files, it just let you hear the music.