English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 13 October 2009, 21:50   #1
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Micronik Infinitiv Tower - Keyboard Adapter question + something else

Hello mateys, I just got one of those, to towerize my miggy 1200 in it

I've got it on fleabay (for 50€ :|), but since it was a used, it came in pretty bad shape (along with some nice bad soldering job in it, like this). I'm probably gonna do a spray job on it (it's REALLY yellowed), maybe with some nice Boing Ball theme

Originally, these came with a Keyboard Adapter inside (borrowing a pic, one of these) but mine didn't, sadly Along with the Tower Kit, Micronik also sold a keyboard case which let you use your original A1200 keyboard with the tower. Loving the idea of not having to use a ugly Windoze keyboard with my miggy, I recentely snatched one, also from Fleabay

Those keyboard cases come with a miniDin (PS/2 compatible? I dunno) plug. Now, seeing that the best place to buy a Keyboard Adapter for me would probably be Amigakit, what Keyboard Adapter would work with the Infinitiv Keyboard case?

Would a Lyra2 work? They seem pretty nice.

I've also got another issue. On the Led panel of the tower, there were two little wires (one blue, and the other green) hanging off. I have NO CLUE of their use. Maybe someone with a Infinitiv tower can help me on this one

Even better would be having a scan of the manual... But I'm probably asking too much now

Thanks again everyone !
Old 13 October 2009, 21:55   #2
eLowar
Citizen of Elthesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenam View Post
Those keyboard cases come with a miniDin (PS/2 compatible? I dunno) plug.
Yeah, they're PS/2 compatible. I had one of those keyboard cases before and I've actually used it as a PC keyboard once on an older PC when I had no adapter or other PS/2 keyboard handy.
Old 14 October 2009, 15:16   #3
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLowar View Post
Yeah, they're PS/2 compatible. I had one of those keyboard cases before and I've actually used it as a PC keyboard once on an older PC when I had no adapter or other PS/2 keyboard handy.
Thank you. So I guess a Lyra 1200 would work? (seeing that the only other alternatives would be the PCKey1200 and EZKEY-SE which both have a DIN plug instead of a miniDIN one)

Still searching for info on those two little wires, too

Thanks again
Old 14 October 2009, 15:40   #4
eLowar
Citizen of Elthesh

Quote:
Thank you. So I guess a Lyra 1200 would work? (seeing that the only other alternatives would be the PCKey1200 and EZKEY-SE which both have a DIN plug instead of a miniDIN one)
I expect it would, but I'm afraid I have no experience with it.

Incidentally, I have a leftover original Micronik backplate. It's not in good shape, but the keyboard interface is still in there (it has a flat cable that plugs directly in the A1200's mainboard's keyboard interface). I don't know if it still works, but if you're adventurous and/or tech savvy, I could send it to you for the shipping costs (and whatever small donation you might want to make but that's optional and I won't be offended either way), naturally to use at your own risk. It's light, so it shouldn't cost much, if you want I can try to remove the keyboard interface from the case, then it could be shipped in a small padded envelope.

Edit: Oh, just saw you mentioned it in your first post, so you know what it looks like.

Last edited by eLowar; 14 October 2009 at 15:43. Reason: Oops.
Old 14 October 2009, 17:16   #5
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

It'd be great if you could send me the entire backplate, since mine's in pretty bad shape (this tower wasn't exactly well kept, it seems)

Send me a PM with the shipping price, and we'll discuss it there

Thanks again!
Old 14 October 2009, 17:52   #6
eLowar
Citizen of Elthesh

Quote:
It'd be great if you could send me the entire backplate, since mine's in pretty bad shape (this tower wasn't exactly well kept, it seems)
I'm sorry to tell you that this one isn't in any usable condition either (likewise not by my doing). The plastic is warped and too large screws have been used in the past, so the windings are broken. That's why I suggested taking it apart.

Quote:
Send me a PM with the shipping price, and we'll discuss it there
I'll look into that.