English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 20 September 2008, 10:23   #321
keropi

yes you can X-ray!
Old 20 September 2008, 10:59   #322
NovaCoder

Ok I managed to flash to 1.1 and then got HighGFX running v40.6. Performance in 1024x768 is good when you drop the colors right down.

I have a few problems with V0.9 of the config tool. The Screen position arrows don't seem to do anything and I can't seem to work out how to configure it to run at a higher refresh in WB (eg 60hz+) and a lower one for games (50hz to get rid of the judder)....anyone manage this?

I've also got a weird bit of corruption on the very last line of the display (flickers on and off?).
Old 20 September 2008, 11:05   #323
TheCorfiot
Amibay Senior Staff

@Novacoder.

You need to save default settings first to the Indi when reflashed with the new firmware to be safe.

To adjust the display click "Use Display Timing" Box to change to User Settings mode and away you go, If you lose display just reset your A1200 as the settings have NOT been saved.
Note pressing "save" will write these values to the Indi to default to on startup....

TC
Old 20 September 2008, 11:35   #324
X-ray
Angry Kid Fan

Ta, Keropi and Corfs
Old 20 September 2008, 11:35   #325
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorfiot View Post
@Novacoder.

You need to save default settings first to the Indi when reflashed with the new firmware to be safe.

To adjust the display click "Use Display Timing" Box to change to User Settings mode and away you go, If you lose display just reset your A1200 as the settings have NOT been saved.
Note pressing "save" will write these values to the Indi to default to on startup....

TC
Changed it to 'user settings', changed the hsync to 40.7 and the vsync to 65, saved and reset my 1200. Settings have been saved but the screen is still flickering slightly in WB which my monitor confirms with a reading of FH 40.7 and a FV of 49.6? So the FH reading displayed by the config tool is accurate but the FV is a porky pie? The only way I can get the FV up is if I change the 'scanmode' to 1.25 which changes the FH to 50.9 and the FV to 62.1 (reported by the monitor).

Also the screen timing +/- seems to work the opposite way (minus increases and plus decreases?), the FH setting also changes the FV setting but not the other way around.

And finally the screen position arrows in the config tool do nothing for me? Do they work ok for you?

Last edited by NovaCoder; 20 September 2008 at 11:45.
Old 20 September 2008, 17:00   #326
klx300r

im noticing that my system hangs if I soft boot it with the '3 finger salute' ...I have to shut her down form the psu and wait 20 seconds or so to get it up & running again......not a big deal but just noticed it happening after installing the indivision aga card
Old 21 September 2008, 00:31   #327
NovaCoder

I managed to fix the corruption on the bottom of the screen in WB by changing display modes (currently running Multiscan & VGA only). I've also changed the config to 'use standard (ie driver) settings which means my WB refresh is now at 60HZ and games run at 50HZ.

I also noticed in the instructions it shows the VGA cable routed over the lower heat-shield under the floppy. This is how I originaly mounted mine but I've now put in under the heat-shield as the weight of the floppy was squashing the cable...something to watch out for.
Old 21 September 2008, 11:27   #328
Rixa

@klx300r:

I had that some time after flashing the new firmware. I'm not sure if I had saved settings after flashing, but doing so did fix it.
Old 21 September 2008, 16:34   #329
Paul_s

ok, has anyone tried theirs in a CD32 yet? I'm going to buy one anyway in the near future when I get my hands on a 1200 but would love to see one tried out in a 32
edit: ignore me - just seen the earlier replies

Last edited by Paul_s; 21 September 2008 at 16:48.
Old 21 September 2008, 16:56   #330
amigakit.com

@klx300r

If your system hangs after a reset then your board is not secured properly to the motherboard.
Old 22 September 2008, 12:26   #331
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

\o/ Arrived today, workbench seems to be flicky using an old version of highgfx I had installed previously and using many higher screen modes. Games seem to run rock solid. Time to download the config tool and updated core.

Thanks Jens and thanks amigakit.

EDIT:/ Wow, didn't take long to kill it. Flashed to the newer firmware and then saved the default settings on the config tool. Now I am getting nothing, plugged my multisync into the rgb port and the colours were all screwy so I reflashed the indivision and repeated the above procedure. Colours are fine on my multisync via the rgb monitor again but getting nothing on the TFT via the indivision. Repeated the flash procedure several times and nothing is happening. Flash tool reports the FPGA is not configured. Where is this recovery adf on Jens' website? All I can find pertaining to the indivision is the 0.9 config with 1.1 core. Could someone send me their backup of the 1.0 core as I stupidly did not back this up.

Last edited by T_hairy_bootson; 22 September 2008 at 13:27.
Old 22 September 2008, 14:25   #332
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
can the core be put in the zone? If so I wiil put it there soon.
Old 22 September 2008, 14:34   #333
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

Used the core alexh posted earlier in this thread. its working again. More experimentation tomorrow I guess, getting late here.
Old 22 September 2008, 15:14   #334
ppill
CON: artist

Over at amiga.org some people are experiencing problems with fitting Indivision on an HP Lisa chip. Anyone can confirm?
Old 22 September 2008, 15:18   #335
TheCorfiot
Amibay Senior Staff

@ppill

Read that earlier, My Indivision is installed on my 1D2 Motherboard which has a HP LISA & If the A1200 is soft dropped by 10mm, It pops straight off.

Would like to know how everyone else is doing too, maybe there is a connection regarding the HP LISA

TC
Old 22 September 2008, 15:31   #336
keropi

I had problems too with making it fit right... it would just pop out! whereas my DCE sd/ff was rock-steady... I had to push it into place, put on-top of it a THICK towel, and then hammered it a little with the back of a large screwdriver... lame way, but now it is OK...
Old 22 September 2008, 15:57   #337
TheCorfiot
Amibay Senior Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by keropi View Post
I had problems too with making it fit right... it would just pop out! whereas my DCE sd/ff was rock-steady... I had to push it into place, put on-top of it a THICK towel, and then hammered it a little with the back of a large screwdriver... lame way, but now it is OK...

@keropi,, My Indivision does appear to be flush with the Mobo & it did produce a click as I pushed it down.

Is your LISA a HP type by any chance???

TC
Old 22 September 2008, 18:40   #338
pbareges

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppill View Post
Over at amiga.org some people are experiencing problems with fitting Indivision on an HP Lisa chip. Anyone can confirm?
it's also said on this thread that "star trek 25th anniversary AGA" does not work anymore..it's not that i love this game, but this may constitue the first in a serie of collateral damages...can somebody with a fully functional indivision updated to the latest core test and report it pls? thk you
Old 22 September 2008, 18:40   #339
klx300r

Quote:
Originally Posted by keropi View Post
.... I had to push it into place, put on-top of it a THICK towel, and then hammered it a little with the back of a large screwdriver... lame way, but now it is OK...

God Bless Amiga
Old 22 September 2008, 18:51   #340
keropi

@TC: no, no clicking sounds for me, but it is stuck now... My DCE had a slight clicking sound IIRC... for now it is secured I think... my mobo is an old 2B one IIRC...

also I HIGHLY DOUBT that a scandoubler, beind a "stupid" device that only steals video signals can cause a game not to work...?