English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 13 May 2017, 20:02   #1
Glen M

How do I stop winuae booting from hdd

For the last few hours I've been smashing my head off the wall that is classic workbench. I'm trying to set up my 5gb ide in winuae for use on my 1200. So far I've used the install adf to partition and format the hdd. I've installed classic workbench as I want it on the hard file but each time I then mount the real hdd again winuae always tries to boot to it were l really just need it to boot to the hardfile. If I change the ide to device 1 it boots to the hardfile but the ide partitions don't appear (dh0, dh1 & dh2).

I've tried following guides but they all seem to be focused on using cf cards rather than real drives, all be it I don't see how that makes a difference.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Old 13 May 2017, 21:34   #2
thomas

Connect both harddrives and boot from the install ADF. Click on the first one and if it comes up with "harddrives have been added or removed", let it save the changes. Then go to Partition Drive and change the boot priority of your preferred boot partition above all other bootable partitions.
Old 13 May 2017, 23:35   #3
Glen M

Thanks

Got sorted but now face a checksum error from the drive and it's started making weird noises. Maybe a day of sitting spinningnhas found a weak spot in the 18 year old disk.