English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 28 April 2002, 05:37   #1
Sumez

Oswald

Ok, since you guys were so great at being able to help me earlier, I'll try another go

Since Super Oswald for PC does not run on any modern PCs, does anyone know where I can find the classic Danish game Oswal for Amiga? Here is a shot I found on another thread on this board:

Can anyone find a rom of this game? I tried and found absolutely nothing. But hey, I'm not that much into Amiga.

Old 28 April 2002, 07:56   #2
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Re: Oswald

Quote:
Originally posted by Sumez
Ok, since you guys were so great at being able to help me earlier, I'll try another go

Since Super Oswald for PC does not run on any modern PCs, does anyone know where I can find the classic Danish game Oswal for Amiga? Here is a shot I found on another thread on this board:

Can anyone find a rom of this game? I tried and found absolutely nothing. But hey, I'm not that much into Amiga.
I'll post something when I get home. And since you're not much into the Amiga (why bother then?), I feel I should inform you that Amiga games come on disks. Not cartridges. Hence, asking for an Amiga rom of a game makes no sense.
Old 28 April 2002, 10:24   #3
Drake1009

I'll upload a version of super oswald for the Amiga. I got it from the zone here some time ago which is where I'll upload it again (the link in the top). I never got it working though.

If you really want the old classic as well I can dump the version I have and upload that.
Old 28 April 2002, 14:07   #4
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Works

Can't believe that.
Works like a charm with a standard A500 configuration on both WinUAE 0.8.17 R2 and 0.8.21 R3.
No problems at all.
Old 28 April 2002, 15:08   #5
Drake1009

My std A500 setup refuses to load it on WinUAE 8.21r1. Guess it's time for an upgrade.

And an upgrade to WinUAE r3 didn't do the trick. It shows white screen and stops at track 54. Could you upload your config Andreas?

Last edited by Drake1009; 28 April 2002 at 15:14.
Old 28 April 2002, 15:47   #6
Sumez

Re: Re: Oswald

Quote:
Originally posted by Twistin'Ghost

I'll post something when I get home. And since you're not much into the Amiga (why bother then?), I feel I should inform you that Amiga games come on disks. Not cartridges. Hence, asking for an Amiga rom of a game makes no sense.
Gee, I'm well aware of that. I played tons of Amiga in the past, I feel the same nostalgia everyone else does when I find an old amiga game. I'm just not "into" it all.
By ROM I mean the raw data of an amiga disk, I really have no idea what else to call it (ADF?) because, like I said, I'm not into it. And I heard that regular PC floppy drives can't handle Amiga disks, unfortunately :/

Old 28 April 2002, 15:51   #7
Drake1009

You can't really use the raw data for anything. But you can get ADF files which are basically files which represent 1 disk each. From those you can play the games with an emulator. Still need the kick.rom and an emulator to do so though. Unless of course you have an old Amiga standing around which you could write the disk back to.

The ADF of super oswald is in the zone (Button on top of page), and if Andreas posts his config you just need the emulator and a kick.rom file to be able to play it. And I can still post the regular oswald if you want that.

(Apparently the difference is that super oswald has more than 1 level and you get to fly at a point)

Ok I just got the game working on winfellow, I don't know if the norweigan and danish versions are identifal or if it's an error in the labelling, but the version I uploaded is in danish. As for the game itself. I think it has enough difference that I should find the normal one as well. I'll upload that when I can.

Last edited by Drake1009; 28 April 2002 at 16:31.
Old 28 April 2002, 19:43   #8
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
And an upgrade to WinUAE r3 didn't do the trick. It shows white screen and stops at track 54. Could you upload your config Andreas?
Posted about a million times now, I guess
Attached Files
File Type: uae !ocs13w - 0814_0817.uae (1.9 KB, 118 views)
Old 29 April 2002, 04:40   #9
Sumez

You guys are all very friendly, but I am so tired of being taken for an idiot now!
I have been emulating since '96, and I have played tons of Amiga games on emulator, I was just looking for that one game, not instructions, please

Old 29 April 2002, 07:38   #10
Drake1009

Sorry about that one. Just seemed like with the Rom mixup that you might not have been frequent among amiga emulation circles.