English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 15 October 2018, 11:12   #261
demolition
Unregistered User

Many people seem to be happy with their Furia accelerator, but as you mention some people have issues with it. I guess it pushes the envelope a bit hard in regards to CPU/mem/CF so it needs the right circumstances to work properly. I think in general, the snap-on method of attaching an accelerator in an A600 can cause many issues no matter which accelerator you install.

If you can find one, then the ACA620 could also be a viable choice. Some people have had stability issues with that one as well, but I found it to be a very nice product and never had any stability issues (if you disregard rev. 1). It is not as powerful as the Furia but provides a very nice boost to a classic A600 setup if you just want to use it for basic WB usage and some games. If you want to go full speed, then I guess there is no way around the Vampire though.
Old 15 October 2018, 19:02   #262
Neez

Long term, the vampire is what I am looking to get, but not until V4 is available which may be another year or so. In the mean time, i'm just looking to give the A600 a boost to the speed and memory which at the price, the Furia looks to be a good deal. I guess if I buy one through ebay and then have issues, I wouild always have ebay to fall back on.