English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.Sprites

Old 22 May 2016, 21:45   #361
bfrnhout
Retro is the game to play

Ok we are one step back but here it is. I put a file for upload. Build 656. Its a lower number, but the reason for this is that the file is rewritten for 75%. A lot of memory work is shortend up so the acces is faster. This is notice during loading file. This is going very fast. The complete save file is already in memory and is during gameplaying realy saved to disk. A lot of pointer and markers are made static so once connected its never lost its connection. this make the program more stable

Disconnected Spaceport for testing so all can be tested and played.

One more thing I redo the complet structs to make the game more stable and more OPP. This is still working better.

Load link is : http://bartfernhout.magix.net/public/deuteros.html

Bart
Old 22 May 2016, 21:49   #362
bfrnhout

I forgto to ask you to test it and let me know Also for sound missing or more let me know i have the old list of errors trough away.
Because of connecting units this make programming bigger so some things can take longer to come out.
Old 26 May 2016, 15:35   #363
shaf

There's a memory leak, as soon a you produce 8 Modules to build your first station it occurs. I also cannot attach a pilot to the first built shuttle.
Old 04 June 2016, 20:27   #364
bfrnhout

Shaft problems solved.

New release build 746. See blog for whats done.
http://bartfernhout.magix.net/public/deuteros.html
Old 04 June 2016, 21:55   #365
shaf

I can confirm the memory leak is fixed, and can build the first space station.
Old 19 June 2016, 13:46   #366
bfrnhout

For thouse who waiting for more releases of deuteros please be patiance. It will comming.
Still working hard to get every new part bug free.

At the same time i am hard wirering the source code to make it work in the future. As long as possible. Its now working in the range from windows 98 SE to win 10. I am looking also for a way to split the program so people who hase windows 8 and higher wil not get the warning to download DirectPlay. This is a issue of directX 9.c trough DirectX 12. To hardwire the courcecode the program is detecting this and run at an intance. but it wil then nut run on lower versions. But the program who is running also for the lower version wil request for the directPlay of 9.c and higher.

I am still busy to find a way. To keep this in one program. Some functions is working with no problem but have only a lot of extra lines of source.

This is not making the program slower. The only problem i got is the switch between full screen and windowed playing. Due to the combination switching wil cause loosing graphical data. I did not programmed in the reread the graphic data and sound.

Direct x11 has solved this problem and make it possible to switch in screen mode. Its even allowed to minimized the game without loosing data.

All this make the work longer and more writting of lines.
But i am working on it still i do. Its now 1.5 year ago i started this and i am still busy to make it to an end.

Next message i make a link where the list of steps and error i encouter are dealed with. So everybody can see how far i am realy.

No new download yet sorry.
Old 19 June 2016, 22:18   #367
bfrnhout

For those who like to see how far i am getting this is the first setup of the extra page that is made.

http://bartfernhout.magix.net/public/worklog-blitz.html
Old 06 July 2016, 22:15   #368
bfrnhout

Still busy here.
I am working out some little problems is showing some graphics. When done i put a build for download. Then its possible to build stations and supply them or resource. I will work out then that the astroids can pick up.
I am happy that the programming is working on the way i supposed to work. And when the little graphics problems solved that part is then solved for all positions.

bart.
Old 07 July 2016, 14:36   #369
Overflow

One of my favourite games.

Will download the last update when I get home from work tomorrow, test it
The last time I played it, like 2-3 weeks ago, it crashed on me. I don't remember what failed (started loading on station parts..or was it launching..), but again; will play it again tomorrow.

Keep it up!
Old 01 September 2016, 20:18   #370
settler

Firstly, thank you for having undertaken such a project, bfernhout!
I always admire such people who put so much love into old (and good) games that they are willing to remake them! I never could commit myself for those big software projects.

Now onto my 1st bug report:
I tested your last build 1634 and everything seemed to work ok until i placed the 1st OF section above the moon. Then there came the special bulletin from research that they have a design for an IOS, then immediately after my next keypress it crashed back to Windows with a "Memory access violation"-Error.

Good luck and never put yourself under any stress

Greetings from
Joe the settler

--
[PS: do you know that with (open-sourced) BlitzMax you can compile a game using the same sourcecode for multiple OSes?]

Old 02 September 2016, 17:18   #371
shaf

I already reported this to Bart it will be fixed in next build.
Old 09 October 2016, 21:04   #372
bfrnhout

For the people who is thinking that i am not working on the project you are wrong. I am busy with another language who take care that i can make it for windows linux android and IOS and iphone. This make that i a very long busy. Reason the way of programming makes me work for all the machines at the same time. Some code do not work for ios and then not for andraoid. So this work is going very slow. but i am stul busy with it.....