Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashMidnick View Post
Thanks Jens for the info, I will wait happily for this day
+ 1,000,000....our A1000's need some love too Jens
Old 13 January 2015, 10:57   #1442
Peckmore

@Jens

Santa was kind enough to bring me an X-Surf-100, RapidRoad Module and Indivision AGA Mk2Cr for Christmas and I've been blown away by how great all of these products have been. Not only that but your service was absolutely fantastic. I cannot recommend these products nor Individual Computers enough!

I just wanted to say thank you for your support of the Amiga community and for the fantastic products you make, and I look forward to any other products you may release in the future.
Old 17 January 2015, 05:19   #1443
kolla
Banned

I suppose this comes up every now and then, but how about an angled ACA32 that allows your A1200 boards to be used in CD32? Are the CD32 connectors hard to get?
Old 17 January 2015, 05:22   #1444
dJOS

New products for C64 and Amiga from Individual Computers

How about aca12xx boards that include the 68882 co pro socket?
Old 17 January 2015, 06:05   #1445
source
Zone Friend

I think Jens commented that there would be timing issues with the 68882. The new run of ACA accelerators have a spot on the board so that the new owner can solder their own socket on the board, but it voids the warrenty. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.
Old 17 January 2015, 07:35   #1446
dJOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
I think Jens commented that there would be timing issues with the 68882. The new run of ACA accelerators have a spot on the board so that the new owner can solder their own socket on the board, but it voids the warrenty. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Maybe he should just give us 040 and 060 powered aca12xx accelerators instead if getting the 68882's to work is too hard for him.
Old 17 January 2015, 08:24   #1447
source
Zone Friend

I think the idea was to squeeze as much speed from the accelerators as he could. As a down side the timing for the FPU would not work consistently. It was a trade off.
Old 17 January 2015, 08:51   #1448
dJOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
I think the idea was to squeeze as much speed from the accelerators as he could. As a down side the timing for the FPU would not work consistently. It was a trade off.

Be nice if we had the option tho.

Edit: e.g. Via acaTune to select an FPU compatibility mode that was stable and fast.

Last edited by dJOS; 17 January 2015 at 11:33.
Old 17 January 2015, 17:27   #1449
SpeedGeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by dJOS View Post
Maybe he should just give us 040 and 060 powered aca12xx accelerators instead if getting the 68882's to work is too hard for him.
Getting the 68882's to work is not to hard for him, he really just doesn't want to do it.
Old 17 January 2015, 18:18   #1450
Mr B

5% higher performance without FPU, or, 5% lower, with a FPU that, at best, has a spotty support anyway... I can see why he went with this route. It's also cheaper to produce, which may be a factor. And, he did include the socket space, so if anyone wants to, it's still an option.
Old 18 January 2015, 13:31   #1451
The Time Cat

Dear Mr. Sir's,

I read through this forum and it did mentioned that the Original USB SpeedLink Comptition Pro Joysticks have gone through several modifications since its first launch in 2005.

The earlier version had problems with its fire button not registering if you press at the edge of the two red round fire buttons.

Is it safe to say that if I were to buy one of USB SpeedLink Competition Pro Joystick Today, I wont have this problem anymore ?

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/...oducts_id=1153

Product No : SL-6603-SPORTS-EU

And it is has a USB connector too + Dont have the "Stuck" Fire Button problem ???

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank You and Best Regards.

Dr. David Bowman.

Last edited by The Time Cat; 18 January 2015 at 14:00.

Old 18 January 2015, 17:23   #1452
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Be nice if we had the option tho.

Edit: e.g. Via acaTune to select an FPU compatibility mode that was stable and fast.
That compatibility mode would mean extra states in the memory controller state machine, which is next to impossible with the amount of logic already fitted in these small 9572 CPLDs.

The problematic thing with FPU as additional load on the data bus is burst. If you switch off burst, it's likely that the board is stable. However, since I can't test it with the specific FPU that you have chosen (there's a bunch of different masks), I can't guarantee it.

I need satisfied customers, because I need you guys to recommend my products to each other. If I promised anything that I can't keep, you'd complain (and you'd be right about it!). I've tried to make the ACA1233-40 as "hackable" as possible, for example by keeping the holes for the PGA FPU open and adding a space for a canned oscillator, so you have a choice of sync clocking (just close the solder-jumper) or async with the canned oscillator (that's an either-or choice, you should not close the jumper and install a canned oscillator at the same time).

Who knows, maybe such a hacked unit is even stable with your choice of FPU? The select/autodetect logic is all there. Just don't hold me responsible if it doesn't work. It's a hack, and you are responsible for it.

Jens
Old 18 January 2015, 21:37   #1453
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

Hi Jens any info on the c64 reloaded
Old 18 January 2015, 21:40   #1454
mjnurney

nice work john
Old 18 January 2015, 22:19   #1455
dJOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
5% higher performance without FPU, or, 5% lower, with a FPU that, at best, has a spotty support anyway... I can see why he went with this route. It's also cheaper to produce, which may be a factor. And, he did include the socket space, so if anyone wants to, it's still an option.

If acatune had an FPU profile that would be pretty cool - I personally would like to run Ray tracing and 3D modeling on my 1200 (yes sometimes I'm a masochist).

Edit: just saw Jens reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
That compatibility mode would mean extra states in the memory controller state machine, which is next to impossible with the amount of logic already fitted in these small 9572 CPLDs.

The problematic thing with FPU as additional load on the data bus is burst. If you switch off burst, it's likely that the board is stable. However, since I can't test it with the specific FPU that you have chosen (there's a bunch of different masks), I can't guarantee it.

I need satisfied customers, because I need you guys to recommend my products to each other. If I promised anything that I can't keep, you'd complain (and you'd be right about it!). I've tried to make the ACA1233-40 as "hackable" as possible, for example by keeping the holes for the PGA FPU open and adding a space for a canned oscillator, so you have a choice of sync clocking (just close the solder-jumper) or async with the canned oscillator (that's an either-or choice, you should not close the jumper and install a canned oscillator at the same time).

Who knows, maybe such a hacked unit is even stable with your choice of FPU? The select/autodetect logic is all there. Just don't hold me responsible if it doesn't work. It's a hack, and you are responsible for it.

Jens

Ok that is much more involved than I suspected, thanks for the detailed reply, it is appreciated.

What are the chances of you doing an FPGA accelerator now that Apollo core etc seems to be at a useful state? (Iirc it's effectively a very very fast 060?)
Old 19 January 2015, 08:24   #1456
britelite

Quote:
(Iirc it's effectively a very very fast 060?)
Nope, it's a fast 000/020 implementation.
Old 19 January 2015, 20:09   #1457
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnim View Post
Hi Jens any info on the c64 reloaded
legal side: ROMs licensed, all clear.

Prototype: Third prototype with modifications to the switch works: Now using the same switch as on Keyrah V2, so "Reset" functionality is in the power switch now. Restore key still has multiple meanings: Hold Restore key for "long" switches between kernal ROMs. Holding Restore key during reset will select alternative character set. I have introduced this to support Kernal/Character combinations that take care of local keyboard layouts and language-specific characters (I know of German and Swedish mods like this).

Circuit boards for mass-production are ordered, but not yet confirmed. A few other components also need to be confirmed - I expect to have that all by the end of the month.

Changes on the web shop also need to be ready before we can start the ordering phase. We're working on that - some of these changes will be added to the shop later this week.

In short: I expect to start the ordering phase for the C64 Reloaded next month.

Jens
Old 19 January 2015, 20:24   #1458
strim
NetBSD developer

Quote:
Will the Super PLA and CSG8701-replacements be also available?

You know, to make it two less chips to find .
Old 20 January 2015, 09:12   #1459
MagerValp

Quote:
Awesome, can't wait, so excited about this project!
Old 05 February 2015, 18:28   #1460
Faerytale
Zone Friend

Jens! Any chance for new production of ACA-630?