English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.Sprites

Old 26 March 2013, 13:49   #81
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Im sure he is still about working on it.
Doubtful, but we can only live in hope
Old 24 November 2013, 01:06   #82
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

HMMMMMMMMMMMM!! Come on!
Old 24 November 2013, 01:10   #83
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil79 View Post
HMMMMMMMMMMMM!! Come on!
I hope he is ok, as he was ill for a while.
Old 24 November 2013, 20:25   #84
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
I hope he is ok, as he was ill for a while.
Same, at least come back and let us know if you're ok!
Old 11 June 2014, 21:21   #85
bfrnhout
Retro is the game to play

Just came back from the USA. A couple of oprations and my life expextation is way longer then before. I can keep it up longer on the computer now. The time I was away in the USA I did had not the energy to crawl behind the computer. Finishing the game was al the time in my mind. 2 weeks ago I did pick up where I left. To find out that the way I was programming was not the good way. I was to mutch focus on starting on the earth that code for expanding was closed. That make me working around a lot op problems. That bring me more in other problems.

Thats why i did start again. Now I did Put it all on paper first. Every connection worked out. And I think I have it.

The blogging is starting and I wi try as soon as the first part of some working pieces is done I post it.

Time I used on programming wil slowly expand. For now I take it easy.

P.S. My old page was deleted. Someone has filled a compain. For what reason unknown. So a new page is set up. The deuteros page is:
http://people.zeelandnet.nl/bfernhout/deuteros.html

I hope you like the page. It was made in 10 min. And a little thouth about is. Deuteros is mine priorit.

Edit: I forgot to say that I wil see if I can make a blog. So every new thing in the game is blogged.

Last edited by prowler; 11 June 2014 at 21:50. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged; please use the Edit button.
Old 11 June 2014, 23:17   #86
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrnhout View Post
Just came back from the USA. A couple of oprations and my life expextation is way longer then before. I can keep it up longer on the computer now. The time I was away in the USA I did had not the energy to crawl behind the computer. Finishing the game was al the time in my mind. 2 weeks ago I did pick up where I left. To find out that the way I was programming was not the good way. I was to mutch focus on starting on the earth that code for expanding was closed. That make me working around a lot op problems. That bring me more in other problems.

Thats why i did start again. Now I did Put it all on paper first. Every connection worked out. And I think I have it.

The blogging is starting and I wi try as soon as the first part of some working pieces is done I post it.

Time I used on programming wil slowly expand. For now I take it easy.

P.S. My old page was deleted. Someone has filled a compain. For what reason unknown. So a new page is set up. The deuteros page is:

I hope you like the page. It was made in 10 min. And a little thouth about is. Deuteros is mine priorit.

Edit: I forgot to say that I wil see if I can make a blog. So every new thing in the game is blogged.
Glad your feeling better. Welcome back.

Its odd they just deleted your site without reason. Any emails saying why?
Old 13 June 2014, 15:53   #87
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Brill, glad you see you're back and better health
Old 15 June 2014, 21:51   #88
bfrnhout

Updated some text.

I got a e-mail. That they have complaints because i was using copyright software. I did ask for the software that i was using but they could not say what kind of it was. They simple removed my page.

I have filled a complain to the zeelandnet. And make them understand that the next time they do it I wil go further then only a complain.

For now I did not got the awnser. Still waiting for it.

The good new is that I think I got all the graphics. Maybe som little things i may have oversee. But for that i have you guys. Sound is stil a pain in the ass. Some sound effect I've got. And for the rest I wil see later.

Now did starting some coding. I dit put all the old code aside. And started compleetly new. For now the total of line is 500. Only data lines no real code.
And that is excluded the remark lines.

If you want the lines wil also be downloadeble. So if somebody want to code to its good.
Old 27 June 2014, 23:41   #89
bfrnhout

Go visite the page a new start is rising. I want to see if this is going good. Its more OOP and more timing done. A lot of memory shifting is done in the program by using UDT so that the information can be faster acceble. In short the program is faster so te game can even run on the same speed on a windows 98 SE. With DirectX7.

The main picture is download button.
is the page.
Old 29 June 2014, 00:11   #90
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Go visite the page a new start is rising. I want to see if this is going good. Its more OOP and more timing done. A lot of memory shifting is done in the program by using UDT so that the information can be faster acceble. In short the program is faster so te game can even run on the same speed on a windows 98 SE. With DirectX7.

The main picture is download button.
is the page.
Absolutely perfect. Seems to work ok on my Win8.1 setup.
I did have to install Win feature "Direct Play" before it would run though.
Old 02 July 2014, 20:53   #91
bfrnhout

Thanks for the info. I wil write it down so everybody wil know that its needed. I stil work on a win 7 Pro system. As long as my computer can hold it up, I wil not change it.

For some reason (Maybe a stupid one) I do not like win 8 or 8.1. But maybe when i must go over I learn to like it. ... ?

See from time to time how far it is for the next piece. I am busy to make the Traning part up and runnen.
Old 02 July 2014, 23:25   #92
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
For some reason (Maybe a stupid one) I do not like win 8 or 8.1. But maybe when i must go over I learn to like it. ... ?
Niether do I, but its ok once you get used to it. Plus if you know what your doing and dump any of the crap it uses, its just like Win7.
I only got it, cause it was very cheap, the only thing I dont like is the updating. MoneySoft have screwed it up, I have to keep re-writing my MBR just to be able to update on my triple boot system.
Old 06 July 2014, 20:51   #93
bfrnhout

Thats a bad thing FOL. I hope for you that it wil change in the future and make it easy. And for real I am waiting for version 9. MS had the habbit to make one crapy version and then a good version. Like win ME Vista and now 8. So 9 must be a good version.

BTW everybody a new update is put on the net for futher testing. Build version 12a.

download link is:
Old 07 July 2014, 12:43   #94
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Thats a bad thing FOL. I hope for you that it wil change in the future and make it easy. And for real I am waiting for version 9. MS had the habbit to make one crapy version and then a good version. Like win ME Vista and now 8. So 9 must be a good version.

BTW everybody a new update is put on the net for futher testing. Build version 12a.

download link is:
Ok, latest version refuses to start on my laptop. Gives "Memory Access Violation". Will try it on my main PC when I get home tonight.
Old 07 July 2014, 20:32   #95
bfrnhout

IF you get the memory acces violation then it means that there is a image gone. I wil look in to it.
Its not your computer. The program is wrong then.
Old 07 July 2014, 20:44   #96
bfrnhout

Extra information. I have found the problem and did correct it. You can download of the picture. The file has a changed name. And is bigger. Reason the Data file is included. You need it to work. If that is not there the memory alloctation is not filled. And the program can not find the graphics. Then its terminate by calling memory acces violation. Witch is correct. I have added on my work list a list of error numbers. So you can see what is wrong. Its easy to communicate. And faster for me to find the error.
Old 07 July 2014, 23:11   #97
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Extra information. I have found the problem and did correct it. You can download of the picture. The file has a changed name. And is bigger. Reason the Data file is included. You need it to work. If that is not there the memory alloctation is not filled. And the program can not find the graphics. Then its terminate by calling memory acces violation. Witch is correct. I have added on my work list a list of error numbers. So you can see what is wrong. Its easy to communicate. And faster for me to find the error.
Its working perfect now.
I tested the training screen, which appeared to work as it should including the light switch, .

I also sent you an email with corrections for the English file.
Old 09 July 2014, 21:47   #98
bfrnhout

I did got your mail and included your english file in the loading. By the time the game is ready I wil include an explenation on how to translate it and include it to the file. There wil be a total of 9 files to be included as differend languages.
That part I already make it so. That whatever your prefference is on language you can change it. The touth behind it was that everybody can have the game in his own language.

I hope that they then send me the translation. I wil include it and put the translators name on it.

next point i am busy doing the time advance. It have a lot of hooks, that means a lot of programminging and playing around in the memory to bring it all together. And I must keep the game flow the same as the original. But the computer of today are running to fast. Witch mean i have to slow down te program(The action) by timing some actions as events starting on time. And this time advancing is taking a lot program timing because there is a lot of things to calculate.

Be patience i am still busy.
Old 13 July 2014, 21:43   #99
bfrnhout

For the people who want to see the next fase, Its here. I got the time on the command part as on the time part. Including a return click to earth view. Tested the new function with a lot of things but maybe I did miss somethings. Please let me know if there are problems.
The cheat is not in yet that is my next step. First that then the reseach room.
download is:

Happy playing.
Old 14 July 2014, 15:50   #100
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
For the people who want to see the next fase, Its here. I got the time on the command part as on the time part. Including a return click to earth view. Tested the new function with a lot of things but maybe I did miss somethings. Please let me know if there are problems.
The cheat is not in yet that is my next step. First that then the reseach room.
download is:

Happy playing.

All looking good.