English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.Sprites

Old 12 December 2014, 20:44   #241
bfrnhout
Retro is the game to play

Sorry people i am stil not cappable to work on the game. My weak system must fight this down. And it take a little bit longer than that it is normaly. But i wil servive. I hope next week to give you some update on the program. My goal is to let the station work so the next statin can build.

Until next week.
Old 13 December 2014, 00:30   #242
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Why not come back refreshed in Jan with a big up date?

It's nearly christmas, take some time off! We are
Old 13 December 2014, 12:09   #243
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil79 View Post
why not come back refreshed in jan with a big up date?

it's nearly christmas, take some time off! We are
+1
Old 17 December 2014, 14:03   #244
Genlock
Out to Grass

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil79 View Post
why not come back refreshed in jan with a big up date?

it's nearly christmas, take some time off! We are

+2
Old 20 December 2014, 21:11   #245
bfrnhout

Thanks all for the nice reply. I thing i will take your offer and start fresh in january. Fever is broken and the oxygen is lowered down. Can go lose from it 1/2 hour in the 4 hours. The end of this problem is comming soon. Looking forward to the christmas day. To join them whitout the illness.
For me its good new, but i got the feeling that the bad news is following me. My uncle has heard the this wil be his last christmas. He have canser in his lung, kidney, lever and tummy. The chemo did not work. So he got medicins that make his live as human as possible. Het got the time from 6 weeks up to 6 mounths. So we make a good famely christmas and start fresh in the next year.

I hope that i can make a good update and that there are good progress made in game playing.
The translation is going ok to france. So here is also a good signal.

To all of you a very merry Chrismas and a very good playable NEW YEAR.
Old 20 December 2014, 22:30   #246
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

You too buddy and massive thanks for the hard work you've put into the PC version of Deuteros!

Let's just hope Gambit follows your lead
Old 01 January 2015, 19:30   #247
bfrnhout

Happy new year to you all. And a very good wishes for everybody.
Started to work on the program again. And to discover that i am very glad that i put in a massive remarks in the program. Juste neede this day to get familiar with the program again. A few bug are stil in and must first to solve before the real program can go on.

So this friday is a wait day and next week the new update is comming out. Feeling myself pretty weak but strong enough to work on the program.

Last day i was looking for another program to write this in. But could not find one that satisfied my need. There is Blitz3D to big for to give it al. A lot of graphics is made from very big pictures and the most of them could not handle this.

Be patiend for next week. Enjoy you free time if you have it.
Old 01 January 2015, 22:54   #248
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Welcome back, the Deuteros community missed you

Looking forward to next week!
Old 09 January 2015, 22:15   #249
bfrnhout

And here he is. To dissapoint you. I got a new build for download. But its not completly bug free. Its working but a couple of smal bugs thats are stil in will not come out. Even with the search ist not showing where its coming from. I wil look for it and when i do not find them i wil rewrite some code to make it better to work with.

Let me know what is still wrong i lost the list of smal bugs that are in, but not showing right away. I was so stupid to delete the wrong list. I had one of mayor bugs and small bugs. And you know witch one is deleted.
Old 13 January 2015, 05:16   #250
shaf

I found one Bug, Crashes as soon as old save gave for previous build is loaded.
Old 13 January 2015, 19:51   #251
bfrnhout

Shaf. Correct. I did updated the save file cause it missed some data. That give a problem when you would send your ship to another planet and you did save that. The data of that ship was gone. And the counter stay of the total of ships. So when you have 16 ships in you solar system. Then you where not able to make a new one.

A second problem from the same save disorde when your ship are in automatic mode and on the moment your ship is leaving or docking a station. That status wil not changed then. Witch mean no other ships can dock that specific station.

That was to many little things for me. So i updated the save file.

I wil promis the next time i wil give every save file a version number so when i update something with the save i bring out a program to upgrade the save file to. Sorry for the problems.

Another cheap bug is now that when you restart your game all your research is done in two days. Pointer mistake from my side, between production and research. split them but research had the bad part of the correction. Must update that to.
Old 14 January 2015, 19:02   #252
bfrnhout

I just dicoverd that the name Deuteros is not just a name of the game. Its with a reasen taken. In the old greek language Deuteros means second. And that is what this game is the second game of Millenium.
Old 14 January 2015, 22:11   #253
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrnhout View Post
I just dicoverd that the name Deuteros is not just a name of the game. Its with a reasen taken. In the old greek language Deuteros means second. And that is what this game is the second game of Millenium.
Aye, .

Will do some more testing when I get some time.
Old 15 January 2015, 23:42   #254
bfrnhout

Tomorrow there are some internal updates. A big chunk of code are rewritten. Cause of a clits in the compiler. I just founded out that there was a mistake in the compiler and the new version that was due last mounth before i got very sick i did installed it from that moment on there where some error in the code. Not showed during compiling but come up during running the game. The compiling did recompile the code wrong (At least in my opinion). But i did take some things for granted from the compiling.

The problem was in converting the Floats to Integer and back. The converting was always like below .5 the integer got rounded to lower number. and at +.5 the number got rounded to the upper number. Automaticly.

Now the compiler don't do it at all. Float to integer got always a 0. Thats why the research and production wend soure. And did not do the right thing. New code written to convert the float to a good integer. Make one function and changed a lot of other function to work good. Tomorrow i hope to have the program up and working for gaming again. With some visual expansion. I do not make a promis.....
Old 16 January 2015, 21:14   #255
bfrnhout

Sorry guys. i got a warning from my server that the file i uploading contains a maleware. Computer is going under a microscoop to a complete scan of all the files. Including packed files. This will take a couple of hours.

For us the Deuteros player this means that we have to wait for the next release. From my side i do not want anybody got the malware trough my files. Sorry guys. The scanning is at this moment at 56% of 6 TB of data.
Old 17 January 2015, 00:09   #256
bfrnhout

Just got the result 3 file infected with Malware One of them was the uploader protocol for files. And only the RAR file was changed. Has 100 bytes more in file then original. Malware was e-mail adress stealer. It was blocked at my side but it try to go with the rar file. Rar file removed And the 3 files where cleand. Malware file also detected and removed. (Reason of sliping trough of the malware was lowering my e-mail protection from someone who wanted me to look at a program of him. But his system was already infected that was the reason why i did not got his program. To get it you geussed it.)

All files are clean now. System is clean to. New files uploaded in the system server did not reply on any way of malware detection. So i think its clean now. Clean system reboot done. And i am up and running now.

New files are standing ready for downloading. Build number 764. A lot of things done in the back of the program. Research and production is working ok now. Stock give still some problems but that is not realy a problem of working. So i am going to work on the space station now to make that working.

N.B. To be sure i also put a new graphics file in to. This one goes in the main folder with the exe.
Old 23 January 2015, 21:30   #257
bfrnhout

I have to dissapoint you all. I am not able to make a working version now. Its to much of coding to do to make it working. Because of the space bay i needed to make a lot of new functions. Sorry for the delay i hope next weet to have it. If its earlyer than i wil post it to. This step is the most importand part.

N.B. A little adjustment to the save file. Make it that i have to recode the save file to. I wil see what i can do about that.
Old 23 January 2015, 23:21   #258
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Old 25 January 2015, 22:02   #259
bfrnhout

Bad news for all. The save file that you are working with now is screwed up. Its not good. Beause of a lot of zero values who is not writen to the file. A lot of data is not over written. Witch is lucky for the players. But will screw up you game play when you are starting to have more then 10 station, 10 ships (Shuttles), IOS and SGS. Then the written data is exceeded the total of data space needed for use saving game. There is a lot data written that is not used. I have to find this out first before i can go futher.

The reason why i telling this is: while i am written the new part for going to the moon and the asteroids ( While testing the new source code) the data started to messing things up. I found out that the data that is written first in a chunk of memory started to overwrite other data of the the game.

E.G. my IOS ship got lost in the asteroids belt. When i was building a new ship it was docked while its scan the astroids. Then when is wanted to launch the ship it could not launch.

So first i have to solve the saving and i wil try to make for you all a cleanup program to save you save file.
Old 26 January 2015, 01:10   #260
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Don't worry about the save file, call it a wipe. Early Access if you will!

Just breath and let us know when the next full version is available to test