English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 15 September 2020, 20:29   #1
DROWSYNET

Worked perfectly, now crash on startup

Finally set up what I thought was a perfect instance of WinUAE last night. The drive worked, directories worked, audio was routed properly, everything! Now it won't even load without immediately getting stuck on a black screen at boot, then crashing

Fullscreen, I can't even use F12 to exit. After running it in a window I saw that it was not responding pretty much immediately on boot. Changing graphics API had no effect on it, neither did rescanning ROMs. It even crashes when booting from a Workbench floppy instead of my drive. Launching Workbench ADF from default config does work though... but there is a start up lag that wasn't there before. Very strange

I've attached the bootlog txt file since I wasn't able to find any major errors on it. Maybe someone here can point me in the right direction. Thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (37.6 KB, 93 views)
Old 15 September 2020, 21:55   #2
DROWSYNET

WinUAE is taking a lot longer to boot into WB than it did before. Usually it took no more than 2-3 seconds, but now hangs on a black screen for 10 or more before loading fully - usually requiring me to click and force it to attention. WinUAE struggles the most when adding my SD as DH0, but it worked perfectly last night.

I kept the SD in my laptop's slot, and put the computer to sleep before bed. Is it possible that there is a function in Windows that wrote data to the drive and corrupted the RDB partitions?
Old 18 September 2020, 18:48   #3
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Can you create HDF image from the SD card? (Harddrives panel -> Add harddrive -> Create hard disk image file).

Most likely reason is some kind of hardware problem if it also hangs or is really slow.

Also check that it is not validating. Boot without startup-sequence and check if WinUAE HD led (misc panel leds) stays lit. If it does, wait until it turns off. If drive is large, it can take minutes.