English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 13 May 2020, 00:13   #41
DjDiabolik

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
You must turn JIT (just in time) off. As for winUAE I'm using 4.3.1. I'm pretty sure that's a JIT problem.
Oh yes... i ever turn off JIT because it's cause some very graphical glitch in some other games.

Otherwise i need to test whit the IPF.....

Or as it suggests DamienD i pick directly the 3.1 from Retroplay folder:
MagicPockets_v3.1_0917.lha

I hope this time.... and finally... i can finish this games.. after about 30 years

*EDIT*
Ok... i reach the level how the games crash whit my installation.... i hope i can pass this time.
Otherwise i see i have commit an errors... i have write 2-2 upper but instead it's "World 1 - Level 2"

*EDIT 2*
WinUAE 4.3.1 ?? I don't see this stable version on official WinUAE site.

*EDIT 3*
Oh but WTF it's append right now!! I have reach the level TEN and it's black screen.......... totally black screen and i can do nothings!!
OMG!!! My last save state it's problably at level 5......... DAMN... this games it's "spiked ball tied to the foot"... DAMN!

And also the Save state right now goes in CRASH (whit same exact errros posted above it)...... also crash whit Package 3.1 picked from AOE FTP site. I don't have really idea how i need to do to play this games........I'll probably leave it ...... DAMN again.

*EDIT 4*
If someone see if also crash on his system.... there's what's it's need.
Check Attachment... MyConfig of WinUAE + the Save State near end of Level 5.
Attached Files
File Type: rar My Config + SaveState.rar (2.30 MB, 81 views)

Last edited by DjDiabolik; 13 May 2020 at 02:57.
Old 13 May 2020, 07:37   #42
jotd
This cat is no more

Would you happen to have a pirated whdload keyfile in L: ?

Also, try this beta: MagicPockets.zip

it has stage select. Plus if you enable cheat key, you can skip levels with "help". That will allow to reach stage twentysix in no time.
Old 13 May 2020, 11:59   #43
DjDiabolik

Quote:
Would you happen to have a pirated whdload keyfile in L: ?

Also, try this beta: Attachment 67307

it has stage select. Plus if you enable cheat key, you can skip levels with "help". That will allow to reach stage twentysix in no time.
Wait up. what do you mean ?

You speak about WHDLoad installation ?? I have installed used that lha:
http://whdload.de/whdload/WHDLoad_usr.lha

hasn't WHDLoad become freeware with the latest versions?

I need to understand better the situation... have you tryed my savestate and on your config it's not crash ?
I also play it with pleasure if need.... But if the game continues to crash so at random you understand that then one gives up
Old 13 May 2020, 12:14   #44
jotd
This cat is no more

yes, it is freeware, but if you have an old keyfile it can still conflict and crash whdload. check for whdload.key in L: or something.

I haven't tried your savestate, and the game never crashes for me on either real machine or winuae. First check if you have a pirated keyfile. then I'll have a look.
Old 13 May 2020, 13:34   #45
DjDiabolik

Quote:
yes, it is freeware, but if you have an old keyfile it can still conflict and crash whdload. check for whdload.key in L: or something.

I haven't tried your savestate, and the game never crashes for me on either real machine or winuae. First check if you have a pirated keyfile. then I'll have a look.
Then..... Since i used the "Add Directory" feature for my WB 3.1 install i can check if this file exist from Windows Dos Prompt.. this is the result:
Code:
D:\Emulatori\Amiga\WinUAE\HD_1200_WB3.1PICASSO>dir whdload*.* /s
 Il volume nell'unità D è Data
 Numero di serie del volume: 3A66-6EE7

Directory di D:\Emulatori\Amiga\WinUAE\HD_1200_WB3.1PICASSO\C

09/03/2019  14:46           144.902 WHDLoad
09/03/2019  14:47            39.391 WHDLoadCD32
               2 File        184.293 byte

Directory di D:\Emulatori\Amiga\WinUAE\HD_1200_WB3.1PICASSO\Locale\Help

27/04/2020  17:23    <DIR>          WHDLoad
27/04/2020  17:23               516 WHDLoad.info
               1 File            516 byte

Directory di D:\Emulatori\Amiga\WinUAE\HD_1200_WB3.1PICASSO\Locale\Help\WHDLoad

21/02/2019  23:30             2.729 WHDLoad.html
30/12/2010  22:04             2.879 WHDLoad.html.info
               2 File          5.608 byte

Directory di D:\Emulatori\Amiga\WinUAE\HD_1200_WB3.1PICASSO\S

18/02/2019  23:47               757 WHDLoad-Cleanup
18/02/2019  23:48               936 WHDLoad-Startup
27/04/2020  17:26             1.887 WHDLoad.prefs
               3 File          3.580 byte

Directory di D:\Emulatori\Amiga\WinUAE\HD_1200_WB3.1PICASSO\Temp

27/04/2020  17:22    <DIR>          WHDLoad
09/03/2019  14:59             1.601 WHDLoad.info
               1 File          1.601 byte

Directory di D:\Emulatori\Amiga\WinUAE\HD_1200_WB3.1PICASSO\Temp\WHDLoad\C

09/03/2019  14:46           144.902 WHDLoad
09/03/2019  14:47            39.391 WHDLoadCD32
               2 File        184.293 byte

Directory di D:\Emulatori\Amiga\WinUAE\HD_1200_WB3.1PICASSO\Temp\WHDLoad\Docs

21/02/2019  23:30             2.729 WHDLoad.html
30/12/2010  22:04             2.879 WHDLoad.html.info
               2 File          5.608 byte

Directory di D:\Emulatori\Amiga\WinUAE\HD_1200_WB3.1PICASSO\Temp\WHDLoad\S

18/02/2019  23:47               757 WHDLoad-Cleanup
18/02/2019  23:48               936 WHDLoad-Startup
23/09/2018  22:21             1.888 WHDLoad.prefs
               3 File          3.581 byte

Totale file elencati:
              16 File        389.080 byte
               2 Directory  153.158.107.136 byte disponibili

D:\Emulatori\Amiga\WinUAE\HD_1200_WB3.1PICASSO>

or this:
Code:
D:\Emulatori\Amiga\WinUAE\HD_1200_WB3.1PICASSO>dir *.key /s
 Il volume nell'unità D è Data
 Numero di serie del volume: 3A66-6EE7
File non trovato

D:\Emulatori\Amiga\WinUAE\HD_1200_WB3.1PICASSO>
This is the path i have used for install WB 3.1..... it was impossible for me to carry any with me some WHDLoad keys because i made myself about some week ago this installation of WB 3.1 and i have setup all myself and manually whitout using package like classicwb or similar.

Another strange things it's the DOS-Error i can obtain... it's number #209 and google search not help to this issue:
https://www.google.com/search?client...h1QMICw&uact=5

Is it possible that nobody ever got this same errors number ?
at this point I'm also curious to find out if they actually are "SaveState" are usable or not......

*EDIT*
I have also tryed another thing:
I have load this SaveState.... instead to reach the exit of level i have press the "CANC" button (the button i bind on WHDLoad for quit) and BAAAM... crash whit a totally different errors.
This time it's say:
Installed program has modified the VBR, detected on Entering via 'resload_Abort'.

And after this... if i click on "Restart" it's also appear same DOS-Error #209 Message.

I thinks the savestate it's not usable.....

Last edited by DjDiabolik; 13 May 2020 at 13:44.
Old 13 May 2020, 14:23   #46
jotd
This cat is no more

If you are NOT using PRELOAD, then yes, savestates aren't usable. It seems that this is the case. I've tried your savestate and as soon as a level is loading the game crashes. Check that the icon has "PRELOAD" set (I cannot do that, as I don't have your files)

Can you share your magic pockets installation? also what is your whdload version?
Old 14 May 2020, 13:44   #47
DjDiabolik

My current installation package ? I have pick directly from grandis ftp site:
ftp://ftp:amiga@grandis.nu/../Commod..._v3.1_0917.lha

It's also suggested by @DamienD on same thread some previous reply.

It's be used PRELOAD.... look:

WHDLoad version it's currently stable i thinks... 18.5.5948.

*EDIT*
OMG... Wait a moment!!! It's work!! I have reload right now my savestate and it's works!!!! I can use right now and i don't have touch nothings!!

Problably i understand because this time it's works.... this time i have load "Magic Pockets" and at title screen i have load the "SaveState" and it's works!!!
I have re-reach, another time, level TEN....... i hope this time it's not crash whit BLACK SCREEN like last time.
This time i have save another "SaveState" at beginning of level ten...... continue to play and see what's append this time.

*EDIT 2*
But WTF it's difficult tha last MF level ?!?!?!

Now... i have reach the start of LEVEL 26. I have made a SAVESTATE at begin of this stage. I have tryed to optimize but it's apparently useless to optimize for the latest level:
I have reach the level 26 whit about 900.000 point. When i reach 900.000 i obtain the possibility to trow double snow ball...... it's be useless............ i have already tryed so many times and i can't obtain the first silver start and after the gold star to obtain the teletrasport helmet.... DAMN.

*EDIT 3*
I have also dubs it's bugged.... whit every bonus i finish the previous level at the beggining the "spinnig" bonus it's ever restart from beginning........... simply bugged.

Last edited by DjDiabolik; 14 May 2020 at 16:43.
Old 14 May 2020, 16:48   #48
jotd
This cat is no more

I just tested and savestates are okay... the VBR error you're getting made no sense... unless PRELOAD wasn't set (maybe)... anyway glad it works for you.

Now level 26 is super hard, yes... It's almost impossible to get teleport ... unless you get the fruit drink at level 25 Or enable cheat keys and type "T", see what happens

Quote:
whit every bonus i finish the previous level at the beggining the "spinnig" bonus it's ever restart from beginning
what do you mean?
Old 14 May 2020, 19:42   #49
DjDiabolik

Quote:
I just tested and savestates are okay... the VBR error you're getting made no sense... unless PRELOAD wasn't set (maybe)... anyway glad it works for you.

Now level 26 is super hard, yes... It's almost impossible to get teleport ... unless you get the fruit drink at level 25 Or enable cheat keys and type "T", see what happens

what do you mean?
What do i mean... lol it's my bad english.... if you could use Italian you would understand everything very well.

About SaveState... at this point i don't know if i can enable another cheat.
Now I understand that to make savestate work I must first start "Magic Pocket" wait the title screen appears and only now the savestate working ok. I don't know because i need to do this.

*EDIT*
The fruit drink it's this:

I have tryed.... sometime the "Large Ice Cream" appear and other not..... very strange.
Old 14 May 2020, 20:31   #50
jotd
This cat is no more

Ice cream appears every time (if you pick 2 fruit drinks, you get a bigger cake like 5000, 10000, 20000 points). But if you die & restart, it doesn't. It just appears once. I wonder you need savestates. Whdload slave has world select (the one attached, and I just sent the official release to whdload page), and you can skip levels with "help". So choose world 4, skip, skip, skip... until you reach the level you want.

I only use savestates when I want to break a protection of something very accurate it don't want to waste time with because I'm going to redo it 5 or 10 times until I find how to crack it.
Old 14 May 2020, 20:48   #51
DjDiabolik

I have create a savestate immediatelly at left of EXIT at level 26 and i have pick the "fruit drink" if it's correct the previous.
When you reach the last level trust me ice cream correctly appears... but there is no way to beat the last level:
If you don't kill any enemies and reach the ice cream you don't obtain the silver start....... it's all useless.

*EDIT*
It's simply impossible... anyway you try to pass last level.... the enemies it's not anymore to reach the Silver and the gold star.... the completely buggy idea is becoming increasingly popular.

I can't attach this savestate because it's bigger than 1MB the attachment forum filesize.
if you want to take away this curiosity I will have it somewhere else.

*EDIT 2*
look ... honestly taking that ice cream whether it is 5000 point or 10000 point is really useless.
It brings absolutely no advantage in receiving the silver or gold star.
I think I can say it with certainty. The level is simply buggy.... this games reminds me that piracy is the death of computer gaming during the continue screen....I think that if you use a non-original copy, the level becomes impossible to beat.

*EDIT 3*
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MMYYYYYY GGGOOOOOOOOOOODDD!!

WAAIT A MOMENT!!! IT'S APPEARS!!! IT'S APPEARS!!! I HAVE BEAT LEVEL 26!!! OOOOHH MMYYY F***H GOD!!!!

*EDIT 4*
AND FINALLY!!! FINALLY!! BEAT THIS FU***G GAME!!!!!!

Last edited by DjDiabolik; 14 May 2020 at 21:22.
Old 14 May 2020, 21:23   #52
jotd
This cat is no more

No, it's not true, I have beat the level last week by getting ice cream at the previous level (or at the current level then died)

- kill the first enemies
- the ice cream is located in the second or third pit
- when you take it you get +5000 points which skips the next bonus to silver star. I'm surprised that you say that getting 5000 points is useless. Getting 5000 points is the KEY to getting silver star. And if you had 10000 points (2 fruit drinks), you'd get silver, then silver again (then kill 9 or 10 monsters and you can get gold)
- capture the next enemy (else you're toast) and get silver
- now keep playing to get as many points as possible to get gold start. You get it at the before last enemy or something.

I'll try to create a video of the level (not a longplay, I don't have the patience). I tried to, but I was using crap cinepak radius codec and it crawled. I'll try laralith something that I've installed. I won't cheat, I can guarantee it.
Old 14 May 2020, 21:26   #53
DjDiabolik

Quote:
No, it's not true, I have beat the level last week by getting ice cream at the previous level (or at the current level then died)

- kill the first enemies
- the ice cream is located in the second or third pit
- when you take it you get +5000 points which skips the next bonus to silver star. I'm surprised that you say that getting 5000 points is useless. Getting 5000 points is the KEY to getting silver star. And if you had 10000 points (2 fruit drinks), you'd get silver, then silver again (then kill 9 or 10 monsters and you can get gold)
- capture the next enemy (else you're toast) and get silver
- now keep playing to get as many points as possible to get gold start. You get it at the before last enemy or something.

I'll try to create a video of the level (not a longplay, I don't have the patience). I tried to, but I was using crap cinepak radius codec and it crawled. I'll try laralith something that I've installed. I won't cheat, I can guarantee it.

It's not need anymore!!! FINALLY I BEAT THIS LEVEL!!!

Look the edit on previous reply...

Look also here.. i have made all this savestate:
https://www.upload.ee/files/11698129...ally_.rar.html

Inside the rar:
Test25.uss -> Savestate at beginning level 25
Test26.uss -> At very begin of level 26
Test26 - Whit 1 fruit drink.uss -> near at end of level whit one fruit drink (you obtain 5000 point ice cream)
Test26 - Whit 2 fruit drink.uss -> near at end of level whit two fruit drink (you obtain 10000 point ice cream)+

Damn..... i have also create a Savestate called Test27 at the very last level. Here you need to kill one snowman and pick a ball and reach the exit on right !!! FINALLY I CAN BEAT THIS GAMES!!!
NO... WE CAN BEAT this GAMES

Finally!!!!!

*EDIT*
Using "Test26 - Whit X fruit drink.uss"...... i skip all enemis to reach the ice cream. Immediatelly after that i catch an enemy inside a snowball to obtain the silver star. At this point i continue to kill enemies always going to the right. After some enemies you can see the Gold Start. Catch another enemy whit snow ball and you can.. FINALLY.. obtain the teletrasport helmet!!!
OOOHH MY FU***G GOD!!!!! I don't understand because in the pass this same ways this level seemed unbeatable.......

Now you could try to understand why to use a SAVESTATE i need before to run the games and reach the title screen. Very strange issue...... for example, I asked where you got 4.3.1 of WinUAE or if you use the "Add Directory" or if you use an HDF files for your OS installation.
Now i need to test some things... for example if i can move the "games" from current folder and move to another path (for example how i can take all other WHDLoad games) and see if this same savestate crash...

Last edited by DjDiabolik; 14 May 2020 at 21:43.
Old 14 May 2020, 21:48   #54
jotd
This cat is no more

... I had this documented since 2001 I think, in the guide that you read.

This is completely non-trivial and shows how the coder got carried away with a super-difficult end that forces the player to fully understand how bonus mechanics work (when you can beat all other levels in an industrious, ugly way).

That's where you realize how stupid the level code for the last level is (on the the NTSC version): you start with 0 points, and even if you pick the fruit drink and lose, since you started at this level, you don't get the ice-cream on the next credit. So it's IMPOSSIBLE to beat the level from the level code... This level code addition is good but is buggy and was rushed.

That's also where you realize that the longplay on youtube is a f**in' fake

Now try to get ice cream at level 26 (by getting 1 or 2 fruit drinks at level 25) to get teleport at level 26. You'll be in for a big surprise too.
Old 14 May 2020, 21:56   #55
DjDiabolik

theoretically level 26 has so many monsters that it should be possible to obtain a silver gold and after a gold star whitout need to re-load from level 25.

about my "SaveState" another strange behavior:
If i load a SaveState and using the WHDLoad quit button...... at this point not anymore WHDLoad games i have it's not works. When i try to run another it's say "Impossible to run whdload".
What a strange ??!? How it's possibile ? It's a savestate bad created ?
Old 14 May 2020, 21:59   #56
jotd
This cat is no more

level 26 is super hard. Try to get a teleport you're not going to regret it.

About the "impossible to run whdload" message that is perfectly normal: the hard drive state isn't saved, so it's like if you removed/swapped your hard drive while the computer is running.

Don't quit whdload on a save state.Just reboot.
Old 14 May 2020, 22:21   #57
DjDiabolik

Quote:
level 26 is super hard. Try to get a teleport you're not going to regret it.

About the "impossible to run whdload" message that is perfectly normal: the hard drive state isn't saved, so it's like if you removed/swapped your hard drive while the computer is running.

Don't quit whdload on a save state.Just reboot.
So let's see... i have create another save state at begin of level 26 whit ice cream.
I pick ice cream and catch the silver star. Kill enemies to reach gold star and obtain the teletrasport helmet. I got it... and i reach a level whit another teleport helmet. Catch'em also this and.......... I'm BACK TO LEVEL 1.... WTF ??
Old 14 May 2020, 22:51   #58
jotd
This cat is no more

Teleporting from a teleport room gets you a warp to the next level. At level 4 it transports you back to level 1 with increased difficulty. Welcome to the first game that you can complete, or just loop
Old 14 May 2020, 23:09   #59
DjDiabolik

Quote:
Teleporting from a teleport room gets you a warp to the next level. At level 4 it transports you back to level 1 with increased difficulty. Welcome to the first game that you can complete, or just loop
Ah ok... Honestly with infinite lives and infinite credits I wouldn't notice the highest difficulty though.

And also honestly ... without cheats I think it's really impossible to complete this game:
if I'm not mistaken by default only 4 continue avaiable......... I think it is humanly impossible to complete without cheats.

I'd be curious to see someone who succeeds....
Old 15 May 2020, 00:09   #60
capehorn

I'm glad I am not the only person who struggled with the final level. I never really understood the bonus system, and definitely didn't know anything about getting 5,000 points being key to it. Many years ago I played this saving a state at each level. I've just reloaded the level 26 state and played it several times. Only by bringing a fruit drink into the final section could I do it, and even that was with several attempts. I can't imagine playing the game for hours straight and getting to that final level with one life left and no idea of what to do! No save feature or passwords either...