English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 05 February 2009, 17:15   #81
pubzombie

I still have UAE2x on my gp2x. I have all the different versions of miggy emu's installed because i find that some games work on some but not others
Old 05 February 2009, 17:44   #82
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by pubzombie View Post
I still have UAE2x on my gp2x. I have all the different versions of miggy emu's installed because i find that some games work on some but not others
UAE2x is basically the same a PSPUAE, accept things are working that arent on PSP. i.e. HDD support etc etc. I started by sharing code with gnostic, as we were both working from the same source code.

From what I remember the current E-UAE has defines built into it for compiling for both GP2x and PSP (PSP portion isnt complete). I havent used the latest E-UAE, as I get to many compile errors (to many for me to fix on my own, I beleive the latest source will give PSPUAE HDD support).
Old 05 February 2009, 18:29   #83
pubzombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
UAE2x is basically the same a PSPUAE, accept things are working that arent on PSP. i.e. HDD support etc etc. I started by sharing code with gnostic, as we were both working from the same source code.

From what I remember the current E-UAE has defines built into it for compiling for both GP2x and PSP (PSP portion isnt complete). I havent used the latest E-UAE, as I get to many compile errors (to many for me to fix on my own, I beleive the latest source will give PSPUAE HDD support).
its all greek to me. the new betauae works well on gp2x although find it hard to run certain games
Old 05 February 2009, 21:04   #84
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
its all greek to me. the new betauae works well on gp2x although find it hard to run certain games
New beta?

you talking about UAE4all or UAE2x? cause if I remember gnostic only released 1 beta, never got round to releasing the 2nd.
Old 05 February 2009, 21:09   #85
Antiriad
The Sacred Armour Of

My scepticism of the pandora is not its hardware specs, more its build quality and especially its business model. I could see the whole project going nowhere in the economic situation we are in - vapourware as Akira calls it.

My preference for the PSP compared to it and the Wiz is based on screen size and layout, not on the tech specs. If the Wiz had the same size screen I would be a lot more excited about it, whilst having grown up with the Atari Lynx, Game Gear and original GBA I don't like the Pandora's GBAsp/DS ripoff clam shell design.

Anyway FOL, sorry to whinge about the lack of asm 68k core - keep up the good work .
Old 05 February 2009, 21:17   #86
pubzombie

Quote:
New beta?

you talking about UAE4all or UAE2x? cause if I remember gnostic only released 1 beta, never got round to releasing the 2nd.
UAEbeta i think it is
Old 05 February 2009, 23:29   #87
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
UAEbeta i think it is
Aye, your talking about gnostics first build, shame it stopped there. As it would have been awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiriad View Post
Anyway FOL, sorry to whinge about the lack of asm 68k core - keep up the good work .
No problems, It has come along way as it is, and can play fairly decent with standard version (with some tweaking). Fame/c gives a speed boost, but adds an unstable element. Think ill have to try state of art demo, aint tried it a year, .

I will get that ASM core sorted (sooner or later, ).
Old 06 February 2009, 00:06   #88
pubzombie

I also think the atari st emulation on the gp2x is pretty cool. If i cant get a game running on miggy emu i try it on outcast and it usually works well
Old 06 February 2009, 00:13   #89
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
I also think the atari st emulation on the gp2x is pretty cool. If i cant get a game running on miggy emu i try it on outcast and it usually works well
The ST emu on PSP runs fullspeed. I have done this in the past, if a game runs really bad, then I try it on castawayPSP.

Waits for the flames, . I started my 16Bit experience on the ST (as it was released a year before the amiga).
Old 06 February 2009, 00:24   #90
pubzombie

Quote:
The ST emu on PSP runs fullspeed. I have done this in the past, if a game runs really bad, then I try it on castawayPSP.

Waits for the flames, . I started my 16Bit experience on the ST (as it was released a year before the amiga).
in fact the odd game here and there i actually prefer on the ST
Old 06 February 2009, 22:45   #91
Photon

Quote:

Yeah, the Amiga may have come late to your country.

No flames here, everyone knows the ST was a simple machine and therefore dead easy to emulate. The presence of the ST had an adverse effect on the Amiga games industry back in the day. But that was a long time ago, so I doubt anyone cares now. *passing on the bait*

hehe.

Me and Spiv would like to do a port if we have time, or more realistically, help out with a new version for GP2x+. Let me know if a dev starts caring for GP2x+ again...
Old 06 February 2009, 22:52   #92
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

I thought Mr_Spiv wasn't a fan of the GP2X. He was very active during the GP32 days.
Old 06 February 2009, 23:07   #93
pubzombie

how can anybody not love the gp2x? mine is here next to me , i love it i am touching it now.
seriously though the Atari was great, the kid next door had an Atari and i had a Commodore the world was lovely and bipolar
Old 07 February 2009, 00:23   #94
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon View Post
Yeah, the Amiga may have come late to your country.

No flames here, everyone knows the ST was a simple machine and therefore dead easy to emulate. The presence of the ST had an adverse effect on the Amiga games industry back in the day. But that was a long time ago, so I doubt anyone cares now. *passing on the bait*

hehe.

Me and Spiv would like to do a port if we have time, or more realistically, help out with a new version for GP2x+. Let me know if a dev starts caring for GP2x+ again...
I would be interested if I had a GP2x, but I have other important things to buy before another console / handheld, .
Old 07 February 2009, 03:17   #95
Photon

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_hairy_bootson View Post
I thought Mr_Spiv wasn't a fan of the GP2X. He was very active during the GP32 days.
Yep. We did compare some routines and he passed muster anyway

I got his modplayer compiled for GP2x but it needs some adapting to run on the second core.

Can't promise on his behalf, but I'm sure we'd make the team if one appears for a GP2x/Wiz emu again If "something happens" on that front I'll ask him, promise