English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 14 September 2019, 01:59   #61
Bladecmc

Finally got Roadshow working tonight on my Amiga 1200 / Blizzard 030, thought I had version 1.13 installed but found I had the "old" version with the bugged ping command. Updated and tadaaaaa !! :-)

Just purchased a new licence as I backed Voyager in the day only cuz it was a Star Trek name, ;-),

Will update Mui , amissl and hope I have a key tomorrow to test...
Old 26 September 2019, 00:30   #62
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futaura View Post
Well, nothing really changed in the HTML engine for this to happen (well, IB2.5 does now support #xxx colours as well as the more normal #xxxxxx, which does get rid of the yellow background as google set the background colour as #fff). Google has multiple front-ends and it has been the case for many years that spoofing as MSIE 5 is the best one for IBrowse (I added this in the default settings as a URL prefs entry for 2.5).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Abbott View Post
So something did change in the HTML engine for this to happen

It may seem like an insignificant change, but that bright yellow background was very annoying. Google looks much better with the correct white background.

Meanwhile, Firefox in Linux thinks that everything should be white except for the Google logo. At least it doesn't do it on my XP machine, that just has subtly blurry text since I upgraded to 52.9.0 (last version that works in Xp). I hate PCs!
Agreed. But now that I've seen it, back to DuckDuckGo.com for my search engine. It's a sweet update, and I'm sure with more buying updating keys IBrowse might even do what Odyssey does...and with flash being updated, it'll be even better. I like that I can log into banking and some other things now, too.

I just wish the "insanity" of almost all Business sites are going with the horrid Windows 10 look would end. It's actually cool to not see all the backgrounds and input forms are actually visible on some Web sites.
Old 07 October 2019, 19:50   #63
tlgrooms

Can the key be used on more than one machine? If I purchase, I want to be able to load on my 600 with Furia, 1200 and 3000 desktop at least.
Old 07 October 2019, 21:31   #64
AC/DC HACKER!

Of course. I'm using it with my A4000, OS 3.5, OS 3.1.4.1, my WinUAE A4000 config, OS 4.1.1, and my X5000 (very, very speedy there..and more support).
Old 23 October 2019, 18:10   #65
fatbob_gb

IBrowse 2.5.1 Released - at least we didn't have to wait years for this update.
Old 23 October 2019, 19:47   #66
hUMUNGUs

Nice..
Old 23 October 2019, 20:47   #67
Alpha One

I get an error when installing 2.5.1
"Prompt: Text already defined in line 1436."
Hmm.. ?!
Old 24 October 2019, 01:16   #68
Futaura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha One View Post
I get an error when installing 2.5.1
"Prompt: Text already defined in line 1436."
Hmm.. ?!
On MorphOS, I'm guessing? Try downloading again - I've fixed it.
Old 26 October 2019, 21:47   #69
AC/DC HACKER!

Update went well for my Windows 7 WinUAE 4.3.0 - A4000 CyberStormPPC/zer060 config using OS 3.1.4.1 and newer P96. Only thing I noticed funky was the IBrowse graphic for updating stayed on the screen. 16-Bit Workbench.

With real A4000...and same config. All went fine. The IBrowse graphic left once the installer exited.

In both updates, I noticed the "Proceed" button looks like it's pre-pressed and "English" isn't default checked. I checked it anyway, and clicked "Proceed" and didn't notice any errors.

Last edited by AC/DC HACKER!; 27 October 2019 at 01:45.
Old 27 October 2019, 12:01   #70
arti040
Piotr

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbob_gb View Post
IBrowse 2.5, PPC native & license keys available again. Its been a good couple of days for Amiga development.
Any chance/plans for simplified JS DOM and some CSS 1.x support like colours, borders, typography related things or maybe even floating elements, so today's websites could look little more readable?

Last edited by arti040; 27 October 2019 at 12:14.
Old 27 October 2019, 12:39   #71
Futaura

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC HACKER! View Post
Update went well for my Windows 7 WinUAE 4.3.0 - A4000 CyberStormPPC/zer060 config using OS 3.1.4.1 and newer P96. Only thing I noticed funky was the IBrowse graphic for updating stayed on the screen. 16-Bit Workbench.

With real A4000...and same config. All went fine. The IBrowse graphic left once the installer exited.

In both updates, I noticed the "Proceed" button looks like it's pre-pressed and "English" isn't default checked. I checked it anyway, and clicked "Proceed" and didn't notice any errors.
Which version of Installer are you using and what is your default system language? English should always be checked by default, obviously, even though it ultimately doesn't matter if it is checked or not
Old 27 October 2019, 12:50   #72
Futaura

Quote:
Originally Posted by arti040 View Post
Any chance/plans for simplified JS DOM and some CSS 1.x support like colours, borders, typography related things or maybe even floating elements, so today's websites could look little more readable?
Maybe, but because of the way CSS works, such things cannot be simply bolted on to IBrowse's existing HTML engine as it would be a kludge. It would maybe work in some cases, but it would turn into a big mess, probably causing problems elsewhere. Since IBrowse's internal DOM is implemented as a one-dimensional array, the first step is to change this to a tree based approach. That might not sound complicated, but since everything in IBrowse revolves around the HTML elements being in a list, it is a pretty big in terms of the amount of internal changes required.
Old 27 October 2019, 13:49   #73
arti040
Piotr

Thanks for this really conrete and detailed "NO" answer ;-)
Old 27 October 2019, 19:28   #74
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Which version of Installer are you using and what is your default system language? English should always be checked by default, obviously, even though it ultimately doesn't matter if it is checked or not
Default is English (States). It wasn't auto for OS 3.1.4.1, I haven't checked with another partition where I also have my own very modified 3.5, yet. I've been around Amiga since A500, I understand it doesn't matter if its checked. Hehe. Only informing. I'll have to check the installers.. For OS 3.1.4.1, I'm using ...well, its. I noticed with A4000 OS 4.1.1 there wasn't any problem, and English was auto checked. I haven't updated my X5000's IBrowse yet. But logic suggests same result will happen.

Quote:
Maybe, but because of the way CSS works, such things cannot be simply bolted on to IBrowse's existing HTML engine as it would be a kludge. It would maybe work in some cases, but it would turn into a big mess, probably causing problems elsewhere. Since IBrowse's internal DOM is implemented as a one-dimensional array, the first step is to change this to a tree based approach. That might not sound complicated, but since everything in IBrowse revolves around the HTML elements being in a list, it is a pretty big in terms of the amount of internal changes required.
Those are very helpful details..and I wondered about this as well. Then main objective is to "Bugs go Squish!" and have it function pretty well for 68K and PPC, but it..._might not be able_ to do what Odyssey does until a few years from now? Even...with X5000? I figured the HTML parts would have to be rewritten. I have a sort of general understanding of what you typed there, and don't consider any of it "tapping a few keys and done". Kludge ultimately is a poor approach.