English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 28 February 2016, 01:32   #1
tygre
Returning fan!

[Solved] Horizontal Group Has Content Partially Hidden in MUI v4, Not MUI v3.8a

== Summary ==

The preferences page of AmiModRadio shows an HGroupV containing a Label2 and a TextObject. Under Workbench 3.1 and MUI v3.8, the height of this group is correct and the content of the HGroupV is shown entirely.

Under AmiKit 8.2 and MUI v4, the height of the group seems incorrect: the content of the HGroupV is partially hidden.

== Steps to reproduce ==

Here is the code of the HGroupV, the complete source code is available at https://bitbucket.org/tygre/amimodra...e-view-default

Child, HGroupV,
Child, Label2("Saved modules directory:"),
Child, TextObject,
MUIA_HelpNode, "TX_label_modules",
MUIA_Background, MUII_TextBack,
MUIA_Frame, MUIV_Frame_Text,
MUIA_Text_Contents, prefs_get_saved_modules_directory(),
MUIA_Text_SetMin, TRUE,
End,
End,

== Expected results ==

A screenshot of the expected results under both MUI v3.8 and MUI v4 is available at http://www.chingu.asia/wiki/userfile...MUI%20v3.8.png

== Actual results ==

A screenshot of the results under MUI v4 is available at http://www.chingu.asia/wiki/userfile...20MUI%20v4.png. Also, a movie showing that the content of the HGroupV can be shown using the mouse wheel is available at https://www.dropbox.com/s/cd3rawk2zr...18.10.mov?dl=0 (Jan Zahurancik's courtesy).

== Regression ==

I would think so.

== Notes ==

Maybe my code is responsible for the problem, please let me know!

Last edited by tygre; 06 March 2016 at 02:16. Reason: Solved!
Old 28 February 2016, 14:09   #2
tboeckel

You are nesting two virtual groups, but only the outmost virtual group can be controlled by the Scrollgroup object. The inner HGroupV object should be a normal HGroup object. There is absolutely no need for another virtual group. All the other objects along that HGroupV object are plain group objects, too.

Virtual groups are allowed to be be displayed smaller than their contents requirements. That's their primary usage. But this also requires a surrounding object to control the visual part of the contents.

Old 28 February 2016, 14:13   #3
tboeckel

Furthermore it would be better to use MUI's bugtracker. Obviously you tried to use it and just copied the report's contents here. Also confirm the address you specified in your newly created account. This confirmation is still pending. I suppose you entered a valid address, otherwise communication might be impossible.

Old 28 February 2016, 19:57   #4
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Just make a left click on the first (left) icon of the upper icons on the right side of the window, select MUI settings and change Groups, Spacing, Vertical to have 5 pixels instead of 4.

Edit: With the latest AmiModRadio version they must be changed to 3 pixels instead.

Last edited by Retrofan; 29 February 2016 at 03:28.
Old 29 February 2016, 01:58   #5
tygre
Returning fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboeckel View Post
You are nesting two virtual groups, but only the outmost virtual group can be controlled by the Scrollgroup object. The inner HGroupV object should be a normal HGroup object. There is absolutely no need for another virtual group. All the other objects along that HGroupV object are plain group objects, too.

Virtual groups are allowed to be be displayed smaller than their contents requirements. That's their primary usage. But this also requires a surrounding object to control the visual part of the contents.
Thank you so much @tboecke! I will change my code, and hopefully it will solve my problem!

Cheers!
Old 29 February 2016, 01:59   #6
tygre
Returning fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Just make a left click on the first (left) icon of the upper icons on the right side of the window, select MUI settings and change Groups, Spacing, Vertical to have 5 pixels instead of 4.
PS. Thanks Retrofan but I feel that this problem is surely (at least partly) my (ir)responsibility
Old 29 February 2016, 03:27   #7
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Ok, but anyway now with your latest verstion the MUI settings for Vertical can be changed to 3 pixels instead to see it right by now.