English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 26 April 2022, 21:19   #1
kad3t

How to Play Amiga Games on Windows PC 2022 Easy Tutorial

Hey,

It's quite obvious that as the title suggests, the video is directed at those that are keen on trying out Amiga gaming and not long time Amiga fans.

I tried making the easiest all-in-one tutorial that will teach fast and simple Amiga 500 emulation to virtually anyone. From downloading all the necessities to gaming in 5 minutes. Video's a bit longer as I tend to talk a lot and there's also a gaming intro at the end, because I needed to demonstrate how to swap disks, change games and quit emulation as well.

Let me know what you think, please.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 26 April 2022, 23:27   #2
BigD

Gamesnostalgia.com provides native PC versions of Amiga games that just work. I'm not sure why faffing around with an emulator is necessary to play Amiga games on a PC box?

Obviously these standalone executables use emulation but to the uninitiated PC user all they see is a native game. Surely that's the way forward for PC users to play Amiga games?

Last edited by BigD; 26 April 2022 at 23:36.
Old 26 April 2022, 23:39   #3
d4rk3lf

Very nice tut.
Short - on point - and will be very useful to anyone who forgot how some things works, or just wanna try Amiga.

Great job mate.
Old 26 April 2022, 23:59   #4
kad3t

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
Gamesnostalgia.com provides native PC versions of Amiga games that just work. I'm not sure why faffing around with an emulator is necessary to play Amiga games on a PC box?

Obviously these standalone executables use emulation but to the uninitiated PC user all they see is a native game. Surely that's the way forward for PC users to play Amiga games?
I see your point. But by emulating and not waiting for an executable to be available, virtually all old and all new homebrew games can be played as if they were launched on a real Amiga.
Old 27 April 2022, 00:03   #5
kad3t

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rk3lf View Post
Very nice tut.
Short - on point - and will be very useful to anyone who forgot how some things works, or just wanna try Amiga.

Great job mate.
Thanks! In between the lists and reviews and few completely different videos that I have planned I aim to make a short update to this one with A1200 configuration and then another full-length one with WHDLOAD + iGame Launcher. In time though.
Old 27 April 2022, 18:11   #6
Mr Creosote
Evil Mastermind

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
Maybe because you may not want to download an emulator every single time you download a game? Considering that the bundled emulator may exceed the actual game in size by several orders of magnitude. If you download 100 games like that, you finally have the same emulator on your system 100 times. Making it impossible to manage over time (patches, updates etc.).

All that, of course, assuming that you randomly happen to have exactly the one system which the website's webmaster also has in mind. Because, you know, force bundling makes games incompatible with anything else in many cases.