Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 16 January 2012, 10:33   #41
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaks View Post
WOW, impressive project.
Didnt know about it before now.
Impressive, yes, maybe. But it's quite difficult to manage (large resourced code). This explains why there are some bugs that i know but cannot fix yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaks View Post
As for Timidity, it works fine but its a bitch to set up, i am sure we can find time and space to help you install that if it so be.
Best i could do with it is make it load a midi file, then crash with 8000000F (tried to use fpu ?)...
Old 31 January 2012, 00:13   #42
Lord Riton

I still play heroes of might and magic 3 daily !

I really would love to play Heroes 2 on the Amiga (even if i only under WinUAE).

So when can we expect a playable version ?
Old 31 January 2012, 23:09   #43
nujack
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Riton View Post
So when can we expect a playable version ?
When "Quests Of Nargoth" is finished.
Old 01 February 2012, 01:01   #44
Lord Riton

Quote:
Originally Posted by nujack View Post
When "Quests Of Nargoth" is finished.
OW !! that was a hard punch

QON is to slow on a real Amiga, it's fact. Maybe i could get it to run a bit faster if i would recode it for 68030+ processors (it's entierly made in 68000). I could maybe also gain a little bit of speed if using Kaalms chunky to plannar routine. .. maybe.. probably not that much..
..well , it's just so much work , and i'm not in the mood to get on it atm.

I should probably edit my signature and remove QON from it, but who knows, maybe someone who could really , and i mean REALLY ! motivate me, might miss it then, we never know

I think we should blam Blizzard for my lazyness ! Yes, World of Warcraft stole all my programming motivation ! And also Heroes of might and magic 3's fault ! don't forget Dark Soul's !! .. oh, and that remembers me i need to go level my Berzerker char in Skyrim !! NOW ! See you later !!
Old 01 February 2012, 03:50   #45
Cammy

PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP ON QUESTS OF NARGOTH!

I love it, it runs fine on my 030 A1200, I have explored the dungeons of the demos you released and was so surprised and flattered to see that I could choose myself as a playable character.

I wish I could do more to motivate you to continue with this awesome game, I have had my hopes up since you started posting about it, I think it's brilliant and so impressive to see the 3D engine moving smoothly in 262,144 colours.

I don't think it's so bad that you have spent all this time playing those great PC RPGs, when game developers play games it's called research! You're learning more about how to make your own game better.
Old 01 February 2012, 09:24   #46
Lord Riton

wow ! If this isn't motivation enough, then i don't know what else could be

Thank you Cammy ! You must read through the forums intensively and dayli, or how else could you have posted this so fast

Well, i don't abandon the project, i have it just put on freeze. In fact i'm actually working on another Amiga project. It's a Captive remake we trying to do, some people from this forum. I don't think you will be able to check it out, it's a private forum, but i'll give you the link just so you can see it's true: http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=111

I definitively will continue QON affter this, i promize !

Thank you for the support !

And to Meynaf: sorry for talking about something else than Heroes of might and magic II on this thread, and i really expect you to make it playable before i continue the coding on QON !
Old 01 February 2012, 11:36   #47
frikilokooo

About Quest of Nargoth I am very disappointed about its abandonment,I think it's the best project after Mr.Beanbag.I wonder if it would work faster with poor textures and a little popping though.I would have liked a playable level with enemies at least
Old 01 February 2012, 18:29   #48
meynaf
son of 68k

*ahem*

Did you know that actual release is already playable ?
It's just... slow. But you can play a game from start to end.

Only thing you need is original (PC or Mac) game data files, including smacker anims.

Now please extend QON to reach that level of playability
Old 01 February 2012, 20:08   #49
Lord Riton

Old 02 February 2012, 08:30   #50
meynaf
son of 68k

Ready to play HOMM2 now, Riton ?
Old 02 February 2012, 16:28   #51
Lord Riton

Quote:
Originally Posted by meynaf View Post
Ready to play HOMM2 now, Riton ?
Yes ! Got it to work ! It plays like the original on PC

I'm on WinUAE, and it plays even faster than the original. When the computer's turn comes, it plays ultra fast, i love it !

Some minor bugs i noticed (so far) :

- I didn't have music (sound worked great).
- I could not split my creature stacks with the shift key, and this bug is a major one for me ! Removes a lot of strategy

Great work !
Old 05 February 2012, 09:40   #52
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Yes ! Got it to work ! It plays like the original on PC
It should

Quote:
I'm on WinUAE, and it plays even faster than the original. When the computer's turn comes, it plays ultra fast, i love it !
Good thing, but i think it's still far too slow for my taste

Quote:
Some minor bugs i noticed (so far) :

- I didn't have music (sound worked great).
Not really a bug. Music is simply not supported. I've searched for a musician able to convert/remix these midi files into protracker or similar, but guess what, i found nobody.

Quote:
- I could not split my creature stacks with the shift key, and this bug is a major one for me ! Removes a lot of strategy
This is known fact
As you've asked for it, i'm pushing it on top of todo list.
Old 08 February 2012, 22:36   #53
tom256

First I couldn't start the game because of anim files. But after replacing it, everything work just fine.
I miss only splitting unit in two.

Any chance for HOMM 3? :P

@edit
http://forum.vcmi.eu/portal.php - Here is new heroes 3.5 engine recreated, but Amiga classic will be probably to slow for this engine.

But original version need Pentium 133 and 32MB RAM, so maybe its possible to play with Amiga MC68060.

Last edited by tom256; 09 February 2012 at 01:05.
Old 09 February 2012, 00:15   #54
Lord Riton

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom256 View Post
Any chance for HOMM 3 :P
HoMM 3, the best game ever ! for me at least

I still play homm 3 daily
Old 09 February 2012, 09:18   #55
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
First I couldn't start the game because of anim files. But after replacing it, everything work just fine.
Next version will have command line options to turn anims off (intro anims or all of them).

Quote:
I miss only splitting unit in two.
This is done now. Just waiting to be released.

Quote:
Any chance for HOMM 3? :P
Maybe, maybe not. What are the features in HOMM3 that HOMM2 is lacking ?

Quote:
@edit
http://forum.vcmi.eu/portal.php - Here is new heroes 3.5 engine recreated, but Amiga classic will be probably to slow for this engine.

But original version need Pentium 133 and 32MB RAM, so maybe its possible to play with Amiga MC68060.
Sounds like "free heroes2" project.
Old 09 February 2012, 10:05   #56
Lord Riton

Quote:
Maybe, maybe not. What are the features in HOMM3 that HOMM2 is lacking ?
Oh man ! You should go play homm3 for a longer while, you would fast forget homm2.

Before i discovered homm3 , homm2 was my favorit game, and i played it really much. Homm3 is just some sort of super homm2 for me.

- There are of course the 9 factions, instead of 6 for homm2.
- Combat is more strategic, you can make your creatures wait on their turn, to strike at the end of the combat (fastest units will strike last), and the combat fields are a little larger.
- The heroes are more charistmatic, with great unique and usefull skills for each, and there are more of them too.
- Lot of ameliorations on building up your town.
- Graphics are better (for me at least)
- Sound too (listen to barbarian music ! or fortress ! just wonderfull !)
- More artefacts and more of a lot of other things. It's just more of everything !
- Last but not least ! The random map generator !! This is a wonderfull thing that makes me still play homm3 daily !!

Well, i don't remember homm2 enough anymore to add more things atm, because i stopped to play homm2 when homm3 came out, and that was many years agoo now.

I play homm 3.5 too, like Tom256 pointed out. It's homm3 with even more ameliorations, but even the single homm 3.0 is miles ahead of homm2 for me

Edit: There are still new projects for homm3 also ! Some Russian team is doing some (already playeable) expansion called Heart of the Abyss: http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=26298 It's all in Russian atm, but they plan to have the english version soon !

Last edited by Lord Riton; 09 February 2012 at 10:31.
Old 12 February 2012, 09:42   #57
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Oh man ! You should go play homm3 for a longer while, you would fast forget homm2.
I don't think so. I played a demo version long ago and it didn't impress me.

Quote:
Before i discovered homm3 , homm2 was my favorit game, and i played it really much. Homm3 is just some sort of super homm2 for me.

- There are of course the 9 factions, instead of 6 for homm2.
And very illogical units. In HOMM2 there is some logic in which units belongs to which faction. None of that in HOMM3.
Btw I don't like the HOMM3 units.

Quote:
- Combat is more strategic, you can make your creatures wait on their turn, to strike at the end of the combat (fastest units will strike last),
There is some hint inside HOMM2 saying it was already planned but got disabled...

Quote:
and the combat fields are a little larger.
How can it be larger than the screen ? Units are smaller, aren't they ?

Quote:
- The heroes are more charistmatic, with great unique and usefull skills for each, and there are more of them too.
HOMM2 extension also has new heroes.
What are the HOMM3 specific skills ?

Quote:
- Lot of ameliorations on building up your town.
A lot of them were already not very useful in HOMM2. Worse there, eh ?

Quote:
- Graphics are better (for me at least)
And the game is much slower.

Quote:
- Sound too (listen to barbarian music ! or fortress ! just wonderfull !)
HOMM2 musics are good too. Do you have CD tracks of it ?

Quote:
- More artefacts and more of a lot of other things. It's just more of everything !
Like HOMM2x.

Quote:
- Last but not least ! The random map generator !! This is a wonderfull thing that makes me still play homm3 daily !!
Did you know that THERE IS a random map generator in HOMM2, too ?
Some versions (like mine) have it disabled (probably was buggy) but try HOMM2 at least V2 on the PC and have a nice day.

Quote:
Well, i don't remember homm2 enough anymore to add more things atm, because i stopped to play homm2 when homm3 came out, and that was many years agoo now.

I play homm 3.5 too, like Tom256 pointed out. It's homm3 with even more ameliorations, but even the single homm 3.0 is miles ahead of homm2 for me
Mile ahead ? For me it's a regression !
Btw isn't there an HOMM4 game on the PC, too ?

Quote:
Edit: There are still new projects for homm3 also ! Some Russian team is doing some (already playeable) expansion called Heart of the Abyss: http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=26298 It's all in Russian atm, but they plan to have the english version soon !
Well, convert the x86 code to 68k and we'll see
Old 12 February 2012, 11:28   #58
Lord Riton

Quote:
I don't think so. I played a demo version long ago and it didn't impress me.
Like i said, you should play it for a longer while, to learn to appreciate all the improvements.

Quote:
And very illogical units. In HOMM2 there is some logic in which units belongs to which faction. None of that in HOMM3.
Btw I don't like the HOMM3 units.
This of your comments i really don't understand. I find the units do really well fit to their factions, and i love them all.

Quote:
How can it be larger than the screen ? Units are smaller, aren't they ?
The H2 field is 11X9 hexagons. The H3 field is 15X11. Of course the units are a little bit smaller then, but still they are much more detailled and look better, because Homm2 is in 640X480 256 colors, while Homm3 is in 800X600 65536 colors.

Quote:
What are the HOMM3 specific skills ?
I cannot list them up all here. Almost all hero has it's own (a fiew have the same special skill). Some skills are:

- The hero gets a 5% bonus to Logistic skill for each of his levels. Ie, if you are at lvl 10, you get 50% bonus to your logistic skill. If you have a 30% (expert) logistic, this means it's like if you had a 45% logistic skill (30% + 50% of 30% = 45%).
- The hero gives you 350 suplementary gold per day. Or one other ressource per day.
- The hero does specialize with one of his creatures, like Valeska for example, who is specialized with archers or the upgraded version (Marksmen), and so these get +1 speed, and also +1 att and +1 def for each 4 lvls Of Valeska.
- Some heroes are specialized with a specific spell, like meteor shower for exemple, he then makes more damage with this spell.
- And so on...

Quote:
A lot of them were already not very useful in HOMM2. Worse there, eh ?
No, it's much better, all are usefull.

Quote:
And the game is much slower.
There are more things and the maps are bigger, so yes, it is a bit slower on the same PC. But the IA of the computer is also stronger.

Quote:
HOMM2 musics are good too. Do you have CD tracks of it ?
Barbarian music: [ Show youtube player ]
You can find all other musics, with their town view, there too.

Quote:
Mile ahead ? For me it's a regression !
You only played some sort of (probably early) demo, and you can say this ?
Like i said, go play it for a longer while, i'm sure it would change your mind by far.. Don't forget, i played homm2 for a very intense and long while before homm3 came out too. I know both, you not..

Quote:
Btw isn't there an HOMM4 game on the PC, too ?
This is prouve to me that you only played homm casualy.
We are now at version 6 of heroes of might and magic. I personnaly preffer homm3. I have and played them all 6.

Quote:
Well, convert the x86 code to 68k and we'll see
I'm aware that Homm3 cannot fit on "normal" Amigas. It's just to big. There would have to be some sort of remake and not just source transposition. The graphics and animation would have to suffer a lot. Also the IA would probably have to be simplified a bit to make it fast enough. Probably not possible.
Old 12 February 2012, 15:23   #59
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Quote:
I'm aware that Homm3 cannot fit on "normal" Amigas. It's just to big. There would have to be some sort of remake and not just source transposition. The graphics and animation would have to suffer a lot. Also the IA would probably have to be simplified a bit to make it fast enough. Probably not possible.
I'm pretty sure that this can work on 68030+enough memory. Not possible is far too easy to say.
Old 12 February 2012, 18:53   #60
Lord Riton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorham View Post
I'm pretty sure that this can work on 68030+enough memory. Not possible is far too easy to say.
How many persons have a real Amiga with more than 10 Mega bytes ? Certainly not many. Also if the AI takes 5mns or longer each turn, i for me won't call it playable.