English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 20 December 2011, 14:48   #1
Vollldo

Can't transfer "Brian the lion" OCS

Hello everyone, i just tried yesterday to transfert to my A500 the ocs version of brian the lion. I already transfered the aga version but i was interested to see the game running on a real A500. But i tried all the adf i found here and it failed (cls cracks with trainers or not, ...) : c01570 error or the disk 1 is loading in an "infinite loop" very early. So do someone know a working ocs version for A500 (and NOT an ocs version running on an A1200, i bet all the disks i tried are perfectly working on it).
Thanks for your help !

Old 20 December 2011, 15:50   #2
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
i had the very same problem years ago with the OCS release.....
Old 20 December 2011, 16:40   #3
lifeschool
Local Moderator

I've even tried all the WHDLoad versions and they are all buggy as far as I can see. Trap errors (stray pixels creeping over the screen) everywhere - even with 'cycle exact' switched off in emulation. Good luck with your search. Have you tried all the ADFs on this page...?

http://www.thegamearchives.com/?val=..._4_17_0_2_12_0
Old 20 December 2011, 21:01   #4
Vollldo

I didn't try but i am going to, i know this web site .
The aga version is really wonderfull but the ocs one is really nice too and it is a game that makes you proud to have an A500.
Thanks a lot for your help guys, i see that i am not alone in this case so.
Denis did you try by the past to transfert the files that lifeschool proposed ?

Old 20 December 2011, 21:10   #5
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeschool View Post
I've even tried all the WHDLoad versions and they are all buggy as far as I can see. Trap errors (stray pixels creeping over the screen) everywhere - even with 'cycle exact' switched off in emulation.
I can't confirm it. Even if there are some graphics errors in WinUAE they are probably fixable with some settings like "immediate blitter". Both, AGA and OCS/ECS, works fine on my real A1200 with Slave v1.3.
Old 21 December 2011, 09:43   #6
Vollldo

Retro-nerd, do you know an adf version that works fine on a real A500 so ?

Old 21 December 2011, 16:45   #7
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Sorry no, i use WHDLoad only. Maybe somebody is willing to crack an IPF image.
Old 22 December 2011, 02:02   #8
gunni

Send a message via ICQ to gunni
I remember playing the demo of this on a coverdisk back in the day on my A600, if you find a solution elsewhere please share as I'd also love to play this on my A500
Old 22 December 2011, 09:40   #9
Vollldo

Yes of course gunni, i will for sure if i find working adf.

It is not impossible because i remembered to have tried to transfert it years ago when i experienced for the first times floppy transfer.

And at first i choosed the ocs version since i didn't buy my A1200 yet.
And in my memories i remember (not 100% sure of course) that i saw this one running on my A500. At this time, i didn't care about Tosec naming syntax and i was downloading adf everywhere on the web. I still have them, burnt on cds. For example in these sets i found the PAL version of arkanoid one day by random, while i had it since years lol . So maybe the early version of brian i burnt is working, i am going to check this. And check the links above too.

But there is something that i am sure : i owned a cracked version when i was a teenager. I owned only the 2 first discs and i couldn't go further in the game so. So it is 100% SURE that there is a cracked working version somewhere.

So before that someone decides to crack the ipf (useless to say that this one MUST be cracked, it is a true gem !), let's me check if it is needed so . If we already have a working cracked version, it will be christmas before the day he he ! I know this one exists, i will try this evening .

Last edited by Vollldo; 22 December 2011 at 09:46.

Old 22 December 2011, 20:52   #10
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

Try renaming disk.1 from the WHDLoad version to <anythingyoulike>.adf and transferring it to disk.
Old 22 December 2011, 22:58   #11
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Three separate groups cracked Brian the Lion ocs/ecs version, I find it rather unlikely that ALL of them managed to screw the game up.... even Hoodlum didn't screw it up for christs sakes!!
Old 23 December 2011, 06:25   #12
Vollldo

Don't know if it is badly cracked Galahad, but i was surprised too that all the discs in the eab file server failed. I had this by the past. Again guru error or infinite loading loop as soon as u press the mouse after the crack intro... I want to believe that you're right, so if anyone succeeded in transfering this one on a A500 from the avaible cracks here, just say it .

Last edited by Vollldo; 23 December 2011 at 07:17.

Old 23 December 2011, 07:32   #13
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
Try renaming disk.1 from the WHDLoad version to <anythingyoulike>.adf and transferring it to disk.
This will of course work but he won't be able to play the game due to the manual protection.

Anyway, I remember I played the Classic version (cracked by Mok) on my A500 years ago without any problems.

Last edited by StingRay; 23 December 2011 at 08:14. Reason: typo
Old 23 December 2011, 08:32   #14
Vollldo

Which disc did you use StingRay ? I can't transfer the Classic version... And i found this strange too ... If you still own the adfs you used (if they are not those located here), i would be curious to try.

I can download the game manual codes on hol if it is there, it is a
solution.
I suppose there are disk.2 and disk.3 to rename right ?

Last edited by Vollldo; 23 December 2011 at 08:52.

Old 23 December 2011, 16:21   #15
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

Yes, there is disk.2 and disk.3 to rename as well.

If you have the manual codes then I guess you're good to go.
Old 24 December 2011, 11:47   #16
Vollldo

Just tried the old adfs i had. The disks are the CLS untrained version apparently, and same problem.
I am going to transfer it after renaming, the manual is located on HOL.
i don't have disk1, 2 and 3 so can someone put a link for the whdload version here please (or upload the 3 files. ?
Thank a lot for your helps everyone, and... have a good christmas celebration !!!

Old 24 December 2011, 12:04   #17
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

Here's where I got mine http://kg.whdownload<dot>com/kgwhd/

BTW, when does the manual protection kick in ? I have tried the .sps and the WHDLoad versions in WinUae and no protection is evident on level 1.
Old 24 December 2011, 16:00   #18
Vollldo

Apparently, i did read that the game asks protection 2 times but not at the beginning (not sure).
I think i did read in a previous thread here, someone asked if the "computer combat edition" (not sure of the name) was without protection codes. Or maybe in another thread i am not sure sorry.

Thank you very much for the links, i am going to try this with the manual located on hol and will report the result .

Thanks again !

Old 24 December 2011, 17:09   #19
Vollldo

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuh i tried the disk.1 and it doesn't work !!!!! C01570 guru after a few seconds of loading, exactly like the cracked versions !!!

I give up lol...

By the way, stupid question : i don't know anything concerning whdload versions and i tried to rename disk.1 for z-out because the hard disk corrects the gfx carbage effects during a few seconds in the level 5. The game is loading on my A500 but black screen when the title screen have to appear. So are these whdload disk.* able to be transfered by simply renaming or are they almost working for whdload ???

I doubt that the problem comes from my my A500, i transfered with success 1200 floppies and i had some problems with a few games only (at the maximum 10)...

I am not the one who have difficulties with this one apparently...

Any idea ???

Old 24 December 2011, 17:12   #20
r.cade

Maybe your A500 has some problem or is not "stock" enough?