English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 01 October 2020, 21:50   #21
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by White View Post
@Zilog
are you currently able to boot with the logo activated?
or did you turn it off?
Paolo even if nothing changes, you can deactivate the logo from the Monitor icon Tooltype.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 02 October 2020 at 01:49.
Old 01 October 2020, 22:26   #22
Zilog

Quote:
Originally Posted by White View Post
@Zilog
thanks, currently with the logo it hangs with the JIT and also without JIT.
thanks again for your suggestions.
I have to understand how it works :-)
It will take some time :-)
the MathLibsUAE.lha and 040_060Libs libraries etc. did you install them before CyberGraphX?

Problaby the problem of logo is connect to problem of change resolution (alway when change from CGX to AGA and AGA to CGX i have white screen)....toni still workining.

For the order of install follow order. the main thred.
Old 02 October 2020, 10:01   #23
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilog View Post
Problaby the problem of logo is connect to problem of change resolution (alway when change from CGX to AGA and AGA to CGX i have white screen)....toni still workining.
Perhaps the logo goes away too quickly. PCem SVGA emulation is more "immediate" when display parameters change which caused too much unneeded window resizing. Now UAE display emulation waits few frames before outside world mode gets changed. Resolution change followed by another almost immediate resolution change might not be visible.
Old 02 October 2020, 13:06   #24
Zilog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Perhaps the logo goes away too quickly. PCem SVGA emulation is more "immediate" when display parameters change which caused too much unneeded window resizing. Now UAE display emulation waits few frames before outside world mode gets changed. Resolution change followed by another almost immediate resolution change might not be visible.

Ok. Thanks for info Toni.
Old 02 October 2020, 13:10   #25
Zilog

For now i have test

htt*p://aminet.net/util/libs/StormMesa_Demos168K.lha

Many demo working, somithime give me problem.
For example this demo have a glich.

Toni you are interested to investigation (send you all debug info)...wainting for new beta...

Thanks for help.

StorMESaDemo.JPG
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	StorMESaDemo.JPG
Views:	341
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	69021  
Old 02 October 2020, 18:16   #26
Zilog

Somethime game or program require more stack.
Add htt*p://aminet.net/package/util/boot/StackAttack2 for increment stack size.

Main Thread Upgrade.
Old 02 October 2020, 18:22   #27
AMIGASYSTEM

Well I was able to configure the Cybervision64/3D, resolution well supported, system a bit slow "NO JST".

- AfA One (3.9 BB4 + AfA OS)
- CyberGraphX 4
- Resolution 800x600 64k Color
- Warzp3D
- Allow Native Code

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 11 October 2020 at 09:54.
Old 02 October 2020, 18:59   #28
Zilog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
- Warzp3D

Also on Os3.1 htt*p://aminet.net/dev/src/CollidingStars.lha Run.
But is mandatory use Warp3D driver and don't Wazp3d.

Thanks for demo.

Update Main Therad.
Old 02 October 2020, 19:00   #29
White

@Zilog
@AMIGASYSTEM
you can have your own configuration, thanks
Old 02 October 2020, 19:03   #30
AMIGASYSTEM

@Zilog
I use only " Wazp3D" which on OS3 with WinUAE allows hardware acceleration, so much more powerful as well as compatible.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 02 October 2020 at 19:08.
Old 02 October 2020, 19:12   #31
AMIGASYSTEM

To avoid misunderstandings with my not good English, it would be better to "also" hear us on Italian forums.
Old 02 October 2020, 19:22   #32
Zilog

Quote:
@Zilog
I use only " Wazp3D" which on OS3 with WinUAE allows hardware acceleration, so much more powerful as well as compatible.

Wazp3D is powerfull but don't is target of my Thread.
In this thread please use only Warp3D.

Thaks again.

P.S. update main title of thread.
Old 03 October 2020, 18:02   #33
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
It also isn't "too early". From my point of view it is done. PCem emulation has been integrated and it seems to work. (Except some crashes when switching resolutions but that is not specific to CV643D)
Hmmm...Okay. I was doing some testing last night with my OS 3.5 and then reinstalling fresh OS 3.1 and 3.9 (which I don't enjoy) as well as 3.1.4.1 with newest Beta. Each one was after the install of OS I installed and updated CGX4 to newest update. Yet, whether windowed or full screen switching from native to VC64/3D I'd see a grey screen every time I click use from ScreenMode.

When I go to edit screens..any time I click on Test the emulated about locks. But warm boot is possible. A bug?

@ White

As you can see I'm coming across the same thing. Bootlogo freezes. For CyberVisionPPC I just disabled it and that helped with real Amiga 4000. So far with newest Beta the Logo stays. Just as clicking Test for screen modes the emulated Amiga 4000 crashes. I also use this A4000 + CSPPC Hard File with a Quick Start A4000+CSPPC. Same thing.

So default OS settings and only CGX4+update..
Old 03 October 2020, 18:37   #34
White

@AC/DC HACKER!
Booting is one thing I solved mine is always a thorough approach to emulation when I can.
currently the JIT works without problems with StorMesa
I'm only sorry that I asked for a configuration to compare it with mine to see if something is wrong and it is not made available.
I also understand that there is no obligation, but at least a minimum of information sharing is important.
It is useless to try if my configuration contains errors.
Sharing is important otherwise it becomes a monologue.
Old 03 October 2020, 18:59   #35
AC/DC HACKER!

"Booting is one thing I solved mine is always a thorough approach to emulation when I can."

I don't follow this. You shouldn't have to check each and every setting in WinUAE. I'm sure Toni didn't make it so you have to do that.

JIT doesn't seem to be playing a role here. On/Off. Usually I've been able to problem solve with a real Amiga but at times, not always so with Emulation.

Using Quick-Start Amiga 4000 + CSPPC and installing OS 3.1 new...then CGX4+update should be working. That's why I'm thinking I found a "unique" bug when switching screen modes. I get a grey and frozen emulated Amiga. So, I'm not sure what's happening.

One of the tricks I know..if you Saved a screen mode and have problems with that kind of display then No Startup using:

Set Echo ON
Execute S:Startup-Sequence

Can be used to "clear" the problem. But that isn't happening here. So, I deleted the ScreenMode.Prefs and saved a new one with PAL Interlaced. From there, I've been Testing screen modes with CGXMode, and every time I click on Test..freezing happens. I figured just installing CGX4 software would be good enough for screens, always has with Picasso 4 and CVPPC...other than changing some ToolTypes, which I also tried, but to not any avail.

Hmm..
Old 03 October 2020, 19:11   #36
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
If you click Test and it freezes, it could still be trying to display the test card but using a non compatible mode (not enough vram). Usually just pressing escape is enough to close the test card and wb becomes unstuck.

Making sure the Monitor limits are correct should make sure cgxmode doesn't offer incompatible modes and timings.
Old 03 October 2020, 19:25   #37
AMIGASYSTEM

I haven't tested the PPC yet, for OS3 these are the steps to do:

- QuickStart Amiga 4000/040 or 060
- Install OS3 clean, better OS 3.9 BB4
- Install CyberGraphX 4 (during setup disable Logo, or do it later from Tooltype Monitor icon)
- Close WinuAE
- Restart WinUAE set 800x600 resolution
- Close WinUAE
- Restart WinUAE disable JIT

With JIT enabled the emulation will be slow and there will be graphical artifacts

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 03 October 2020 at 21:14.
Old 03 October 2020, 19:52   #38
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Matt View Post
If you click Test and it freezes, it could still be trying to display the test card but using a non compatible mode (not enough vram). Usually just pressing escape is enough to close the test card and wb becomes unstuck.

Making sure the Monitor limits are correct should make sure cgxmode doesn't offer incompatible modes and timings.

Yep, usually ESC does it...not here. Can't move the pointer either. It's not a total lock since warm boot works. I'm only clicking test, not actually modifying any of the modes. Select a mode, click edit...then test. Then I see HALT3...oops, I missed that before.
Old 03 October 2020, 20:02   #39
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
I haven't tested the PPC yet, for OS3 these are the steps to do:

- Install OS3 clean, better OS 3.9 BB4
- Install CyberGraphX 4 (during setup disable Logo, or do it later from Tooltype Monitor icon)
- Close WinuAE
- Restart WinUAE set 800x600 resolution
- Close WinUAE
- Restart WinUAE disable JIT

With JIT enabled the emulation will be slow and there will be graphical artifacts.

Experienced user.. OS 3.1, 3.5, and I also tested with my least favorite 3.9, clean installs. I typed all this already. You shouldn't have to exit WinUAE. Restarting, makes sense. CV643D resolution doesn't matter on fresh installs.

HOWEVER.. With my OS 3.5 install, not even close to stock, I may save the CV643D screen mode and it'll go grey from a Native screen. Warm booting doesn't help. Reboots to grey. Reset WinUAE doesn't help. I have to exit the WinUAE completely, then run again, load the config, change to CV643D (because I don't want to save it to a config yet) and then it'll boot with the screen mode I selected.

This doesn't work with a stock/clean install. Matt may be correct, and I've attempted to increase the VRAM but..not possible. I don't know enough about the CV643D to understand it's hardware yet.

I do concur..I think an invalid screen mode is being used for some reason, though I'm not modifying any modes when I click edit. I go right to test. more checking later.. Appreciate the replies.
Old 03 October 2020, 20:04   #40
AC/DC HACKER!

Update.. After just doing the Edit/Test..and lock. I did a warm boot (CTRL+LAmiga+RAmiga) and I see HALT10.