English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

Old 22 October 2011, 20:43   #1
Riempie
Amiga freak

Change screen resolution

Maybe a stupid question. I have classicwb full installed on my A1200 and I like to experiment with the screen resolution. But when I change it, I get the message there are still 2 programs which I need to close, it even tells me this when I do a clean reboot. I can't find wich programs I need to close. Is it scalos itself?
Old 23 October 2011, 07:05   #2
Synthesize Me
Amigaholics Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riempie View Post
Maybe a stupid question. I have classicwb full installed on my A1200 and I like to experiment with the screen resolution. But when I change it, I get the message there are still 2 programs which I need to close, it even tells me this when I do a clean reboot. I can't find wich programs I need to close. Is it scalos itself?
The 2 windows it wants you to close are most likely the system window and the prefs window which you opened to get to the screen settings. Just click the buttons on the top right of either scales or the top bar that bring all windows to the front and close them.
I hope this solves your problem!
Old 23 October 2011, 11:15   #3
Rebel-CD32
Amiga will never die!

Send a message via MSN to Rebel-CD32
You can also use Exchange to close running Commodities that might be keeping the screen open, like Birdie which has a problem deactivating itself for a screenmode change. If you can't find the culprit window, don't worry too much, just save the settings and reboot and it'll be using the new resolution next time you boot up.
Old 23 October 2011, 11:41   #4
Bloodwych

If it's a standard install, it will likely be the Buttonmenu (the menu that appears when you double click the Run Icon).

If you close the Buttonmenu Windows it should then change. As mentioned above, on restart it will change as well if you can't find the program causing it. You can view Commodities running and exit them using the CxHandler icon left out on the desktop, but the default install shouldn't have anything running there that locks the screen from what I can remember.

You can also change the screenmode via the Settings menu at the top without using Buttonmenu and on a default install it will change if no other programs are locking the screen.