English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 26 December 2006, 07:01   #1
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Sinclair: bowelmovement brains of the computer era

Don't tell me the wonderful computers they made could hide this idiocy. The truly imbecilic decision to market the C5, a glorified tricycle with an open cockpit in Britain, is testament to the shitheadedness of the Sinclair honchos.

http://www.nvg.ntnu.no/sinclair/vehicles/c5.htm

Look at that scared, stupid bitch. She looks like a retard, and probably shit in her Depends undergarments while she drove the C5.
Old 26 December 2006, 13:48   #2
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

It looks like Apple produced the thing :s Is it made completely out of plastic or what???
Old 26 December 2006, 16:40   #3
Mick_AKA
crusader of light

It's plastic over a steel chassis, I have one working example and another kept for spares
Old 26 December 2006, 17:50   #4
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Irony is that sinclair sank most of the money he made from the spectrum into this dire piece of equipment LOL... and I dont think that such a mega-flop in history has ever seen one such as since....

on a side note I remember watching tomorrows world where three guys got together (one fom holland, yorkshire and scotland) engineered a C5 to go at over 130MPH (something to do with electric powered land speed record) and they spanked it at 145 i tinhk.... not sure.... this was about 12 - 15 years ago.....

but a C5 (wich is fun rather than practical) is like driving an unstable bumpercar on non even terrain... it gets a little hairy at 15mph so at over 100mph.... that clearly has to solve any constipation issues...
Old 26 December 2006, 18:30   #5
P-J

I don't think they made wonderful computers either. I think the C64 and Amstrad CPC were both better machines.
Old 26 December 2006, 18:58   #6
Avanze
Amiga User

A Spectrum? Don't make me laugh!
Old 26 December 2006, 19:10   #7
jmmijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-J
I don't think they made wonderful computers either. I think the C64 and Amstrad CPC were both better machines.
Agreed, but that still does not mean the Z80 based Sinclairs were not a fun machine to tinker with, even with that small keyboard
Old 26 December 2006, 19:34   #8
Photon

The pills, Fred... you've forgotten to take them again.
Old 26 December 2006, 21:20   #9
P-J

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmijo
Agreed, but that still does not mean the Z80 based Sinclairs were not a fun machine to tinker with, even with that small keyboard
Well, yeah, that's definitely true

But when I was younger I had a C64, one mate had a CPC 6128 another couple of mates both had 128K Speccy. I was never mildly jealous or interested in the Speccy. I just spent my days wondering how the CPC didn't win the 8-bit war
Old 27 December 2006, 00:50   #10
Mick_AKA
crusader of light

The ZX80 could'nt even process information and keep the display running at the same time, it's the most useless computer of all time, the ZX81 however was totally awesome
Old 27 December 2006, 04:24   #11
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

<--- had both....

built my first computer when i was 9 and a half with my dad... the white zx80 kit built computer (nearly £100 in 1983).. burnt my fingers twice on the soldering iron.... ahhhh that was fun.... my dad watched btw incase your wondering...

then about a year or so later a friend was selling thier zx81 wedge and i bought it (i was hoping to get an ORIC but that never happened) but still i had a zx81 with 48k ram pack curra-speach unit and kempston interface! mmm yummy... i could play ant attack.... cyclone.... ahhh castle dracula..... pssst!..... dont pannic.... oh the memories..... luna jetpack man....
Old 27 December 2006, 08:30   #12
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

We here in the USA never heard of the ZX anything or SPeccy. We did have the shitty Timex Sinclair, but that faded fast.
The Euro scene in Amiga and Atari ST was amazing. My friend had access to European BBS's and man was it cool when he downloaded games for free.
Wish we knew about the Speccy, and the MSX and Amstrad and Acorn BBC Micro/Electron, because these systems had wonderful, fun games. I love them more than 16 bit games.
At least we were enjoying the C64!
Old 27 December 2006, 10:54   #13
Ultron
Something

Hmm, what if that shitty bike got a cover on top... it could open like a lamborghini... or a Buck Rogers style fighter.

I can almost see the current pussy at the leadership of the Tories riding on it in one of his environment media assaults.
Old 27 December 2006, 14:06   #14
P-J

What was the popular 16-bit in the states then? Sounds like the Amiga and Atari scenes weren't so good, and there wasn't really much else, was there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred the Duck
We here in the USA never heard of the ZX anything or SPeccy. We did have the shitty Timex Sinclair, but that faded fast.
The Euro scene in Amiga and Atari ST was amazing. My friend had access to European BBS's and man was it cool when he downloaded games for free.
Wish we knew about the Speccy, and the MSX and Amstrad and Acorn BBC Micro/Electron, because these systems had wonderful, fun games. I love them more than 16 bit games.
Old 27 December 2006, 14:30   #15
Mick_AKA
crusader of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultron
Hmm, what if that shitty bike got a cover on top... it could open like a lamborghini... or a Buck Rogers style fighter.

I can almost see the current pussy at the leadership of the Tories riding on it in one of his environment media assaults.
There was a rain cover for the C5 that made it look even more stupid than it already did
Old 27 December 2006, 16:18   #16
MOS-6581
Retrocomp photographer

Send a message via Yahoo to MOS-6581
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-J
What was the popular 16-bit in the states then? Sounds like the Amiga and Atari scenes weren't so good, and there wasn't really much else, was there?
The IBM PC (or compatible) and Apple Mac of course! At least when we Brits fucked up our computer purchase, we bought *cheap* computers, like the Speccy, but what do the yanks do? They only go and buy the MOST expensive piece of crap on the market because everyone else was buying them, while the Amiga and ST get ignored!

I don't buy the "Commodore didn't advertise enough" line, the machine was out there but people just didn't want the Amiga because it wasn't IBM, or Apple. They seemed to be totally apathetic towards it. Even in the US computer show Computer Chronicles, they were wondering why people in the US weren't buying the obviously superior Amiga. Ahhh... and breathe, I feel much better now!
Old 27 December 2006, 17:08   #17
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

PJ, like MOS stated, 16 bit was dominated by the Mac (yes, the black n white Mac) and the IBM gang. The Amiga/Atari ST scene was weak. Mention either of Amiga or ST to people of my age group and you'll get a blank stare from the vast majority of people. I think the problem is that Americans are big big BIG on operating systems, and without a doubt the ubiquity of MS DOS and polish of Apple OS were very good selling points. Let's face it, Workbench was excellent, but was ugly and the interface left something to be desired. And Atari ST Gem? LOL let's not even get into that hunk of shit.
Only hip yanks in the know dug the Amiga and to a lesser extent, the Atari ST.
If you can't market a product efficiently and competently in the US, you die.
Old 27 December 2006, 19:50   #18
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
But you're still rubby lover...

First time I saw computer it was ZX81. First time I played computer was ZX Spectrum. In the country I lived in that computer was only a dream...

We had shitty home-made computer called Galaksija (MESS emulates it) with 4K basic. Just basic stuff: load, run, have bowelmovement...
Old 27 December 2006, 19:53   #19
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
Let's face it, Workbench was excellent, but was ugly and the interface left something to be desired.
For this you deserve at least ban forever. Next sentence made it look a little better, and means you should be banned for a week or have sex with dizzy for 3 days. You decide.
Old 27 December 2006, 20:33   #20
P-J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis
For this you deserve at least ban forever. Next sentence made it look a little better, and means you should be banned for a week or have sex with dizzy for 3 days. You decide.
I love Workbench, but up till version 2 it was quite hideous!