English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 20 October 2013, 17:30   #181
Neil79

Having issues with AmiKit which was incredibly slow and sound stuttery with latest beta of WinUAE. Decided to try the setting of CPU 68060 CPU internal, and on Expansions, select as RTG Graphic Card a Piccolo SD64 Zorro II with the new screeny above and now everytime WinUAE crashes. I've reset it back and it still crashes.

Does anyone have a default config file for AmiKit that I can use through Winuae as it seems to have corrupted them :/

BETA 9 WINUAE
Old 20 October 2013, 18:28   #182
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil79 View Post
Having issues with AmiKit which was incredibly slow and sound stuttery with latest beta of WinUAE. Decided to try the setting of CPU 68060 CPU internal, and on Expansions, select as RTG Graphic Card a Piccolo SD64 Zorro II with the new screeny above and now everytime WinUAE crashes. I've reset it back and it still crashes.

Does anyone have a default config file for AmiKit that I can use through Winuae as it seems to have corrupted them :/

BETA 9 WINUAE
I'm sorry to tell that or it's really a problem or I'm the worst person to answer because I have the same problems now. I mean, not with AmiKit but with Classic Workbench too. Don't know when exactly the problem started but everytime it's worse with the sound, and today (installed WinUAE beta 9) very slow

Do you think it's the 2.7.0 beta that afects the system? Does it go slow also Classic Workbench on your system?

I thought -was almost sure- it was some problem on my Pc, as other programs also run slow, but now...

Edit: It has to be just my Pc. Videos go wrong, Steam slow... Just a bad coincidence.
Edit: I've done now several things on my Pc to recover the speed, but just closing Skype changes the Fps of Hippoplayer's scope from 30 to 47... Now the music plays right. And offtopic but I've fixed today my A1200's with black screen of death.

Last edited by Retrofan; 21 October 2013 at 23:46.
Old 20 October 2013, 19:42   #183
Neil79

Well WinUAE with gamebase updated works fine, it all started with the AmiKit and Winuae Update, ffs

Will try classicWB as well just to test
Old 20 October 2013, 21:43   #184
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I've seen in your other thread you have fixed the problem (that you had also with Classic WB). Will you try now the Rtg config?

EDIT: I've edited the original post fixing a bit and adding a readme and a WinUAE config .

Last edited by Retrofan; 24 October 2013 at 19:59.
Old 20 October 2013, 22:02   #185
Neil79

I'm going to stick with ClassicWB UAE for the time being, spent hours futzing around with certain aspects today. Will get back to you
Old 04 November 2013, 14:38   #186
fjutrackx

Hello,

I first want to say: Nice work!
Second, it doesn't work on my A4000 .
I did the following: I made a partition, 1.9GB and i installed a clean OS3.9.
Next I installed the idefix and Boinbag 1 - 4. To finalize i installed the package. But when i boot, the amiga keeps asking for a disk. Could it be a ide problem? If i cancel i only have DOS. So what can i do?

Thankx

Old 04 November 2013, 15:16   #187
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Thanks fjutrackx and welcome. That problem has nothing to be with AmiKit but with the Hd installation on WinUAE -was it on WinUAE?-. Here you've got another thread with the same kind of problems and Classic WB: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=71267

And don't make the booting partition with more than 1Gb (well, it will work with it or whatever). 800Mb for example is ok. I strongly recommend to use PFS3AIO as filesystem: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=64949. Also you don't need more than BB2. To use BB4 you should change the Startup-sequence. If you really want to use it I could post here a working one with BB4, and you must also disable "The" and don't know what else.

There is a Youtube video by Fitzsteve to setup a Cf as HD for installing CWB, but you can use -more or less- the first steps of it. [ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by Retrofan; 15 December 2013 at 00:27.
Old 04 November 2013, 16:31   #188
fjutrackx

Hello again,

Thanks for the quick reply. The installation i'm talking about is a native, a real A4000, 2m chip, 128m ram, a 40GB ide harddrive and an ide cd drive, a flickerfixer, aminet card and if the install is finished also a retina Z3. 1st partition is 1.9GB FFS bootable, second one is SmartFS (The rest of the drive). So no windows things at all except to burn files on a disk which i open on my amiga. I installed BB4 since i had problems with the SFS. After the installation of BB3 and / or 4, the problems where fixed. That's the reason why.

Old 04 November 2013, 18:10   #189
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Is the Hd shown using HDTools on the Install disk?

I would change the partitions as I've told you. PFS3AIO (PFS3DS so you forget about problems with >4Gb Hard drives) and 800 Mb for the first.

Edit: This s-s works here with BB4 on an A1200. I've commented a couple of commands that I will introduce with the update 05, and "THE" must be moved to the Disabled drawer on WBStartup:

Code:
; $VER: Startup-Sequence_AmiKit OS3.9 BB4
; Startup-Sequence for AmigaOS 3.9 + AmiKit (by Jan Zahurancik ©2005-2008)
; Modified to work with real Amiga by Retrofan
;===ACATune=== . Install first ACATune 1.7 version on C using MorpheuZ.
;C:ACATune -maprom * >NIL: ;For ACA1230/56.
;C:ACATune -maprom * >NIL: ;For ACA1231/42.  
;===ACATune End=== . After uncommenting any, edit the User-Startup at the end too.

C:Safe RENRAM OWNOUT MOUNTSIZE=6684     ;Checks for viruses

C:morelibspace

;BB4
Version >NIL: exec.library 45 REVISION 20
IF WARN
;FailAt 21
SYS:C/LoadResident >NIL: DEVS:card.resource DEVS:trackdisk.device L:KingCON-Handler
;FailAt 20
EndIf
SYS:C/LoadModule >NIL: L:RAM-Handler DEVS:battmem.resource DEVS:FileSystem.resource DEVS:misc.resource DEVS:potgo.resource DEVS:scsi.device L:FastFileSystem L:Shell-Seg LIBS:dos.library REVERSE NOREBOOT
SYS:C/SetPatch SKIPROMUPDATES console.device,ram-handler,FileSystem.resource,filesystem,scsi.device,shell QUIET
;End BB4 MOD

;C:ATA3.driver QUIET ; These for the Fast ATA
;C:stack 8192

;Run >NIL: C:CopyMem0x0                     ; --- Replaces CopyMem/Quick functions of ExecLib (MattHey)
;C:VBRcontrol ON QUIET                   ; --- Move CPU vector table to FastMEM for speed boost
;C:MinStack 10000                        ; --- Set minimum stacksize for new processes (PeterK)

;BootScreen by Joseph Luk
BootScreen

run >NIL: C:Play16 SYS:Prefs/Presets/Sounds/Opening_Theme_A.aiff PRIORITY 1

;C:PatchMSB              ;part of MathLibsUAE. If enabled, do NOT use other patches for IEEE-libraries!
C:CyReq
C:BlazeWCP

C:StackAttack 32768     ;adds stack size to selected value
C:PatchControl          ;part of MCP
TagLiFE               ;patches the utility.lirary
C:Version >NIL:
C:AddBuffers >NIL: DF0: 15
FailAt 21

C:MakeDir RAM:T RAM:Clipboards RAM:ENV RAM:ENV/Sys RAM:T/VC_TEMP
C:Copy >NIL: ENVARC: RAM:ENV ALL NOREQ

Resident >NIL: C:Assign PURE
Resident >NIL: C:Execute PURE

Assign >NIL: ENV: RAM:ENV
Assign >NIL: T: RAM:T
Assign >NIL: CLIPS: RAM:Clipboards
Assign >NIL: REXX: S:
Assign >NIL: PRINTERS: DEVS:Printers
Assign >NIL: KEYMAPS: DEVS:Keymaps
Assign >NIL: LOCALE: SYS:Locale
Assign >NIL: LIBS: SYS:Classes ADD
Assign >NIL: HELP: LOCALE:Help DEFER
Assign >NIL: L: SYS:Utilities/Expansion/SmartFileSystem/L ADD

;C:SaferPatches INSTALL >NIL: REMEMBER   ; --- Record patches done using "ShowPatch" (ThoR)
;C:PoolMem INSTALL >NIL:                 ; --- Patches ExecLib functions to reduce mem fragmentation (ThoR)
;C:SegTracker >NIL:
;Run >NIL: C:Enforcer

C:FBlit
C:FText

IF $bbfix EQ "0"  ;adjusts AmiKit if both BoingBags for OS3.9 were installed
   version >NIL: Shell VERSION 45
   IF NOT WARN
      IF EXISTS SYS:WBStartup/AmiDock
         IF EXISTS SYS:WBStartup/Disabled/AmiDock
            Delete >NIL: SYS:WBStartup/Disabled/AmiDock FORCE QUIET
         ENDIF
         Rename >NIL: SYS:WBStartup/AmiDock TO SYS:WBStartup/Disabled/AmiDock QUIET
      ENDIF

IF EXISTS SYS:WBStartup/ASyncWB
         IF EXISTS SYS:WBStartup/Disabled/ASyncWB
            Delete >NIL: SYS:WBStartup/Disabled/ASyncWB FORCE QUIET
         ENDIF
         Rename >NIL: SYS:WBStartup/ASyncWB TO SYS:WBStartup/Disabled/ASyncWB QUIET
         Delete >NIL: SYS:WBStartup/ASyncWB.info
      ENDIF

IF EXISTS SYS:WBStartup/BenchTrash
         IF EXISTS SYS:WBStartup/Disabled/BenchTrash
            Delete >NIL: SYS:WBStartup/Disabled/BenchTrash FORCE QUIET
         ENDIF
         Rename >NIL: SYS:WBStartup/BenchTrash TO SYS:WBStartup/Disabled/BenchTrash QUIET
      ENDIF

IF EXISTS SYS:WBStartup/DefIcons
         IF EXISTS SYS:WBStartup/Disabled/DefIcons
             Delete >NIL: SYS:WBStartup/Disabled/DefIcons FORCE QUIET
         ENDIF
         Rename >NIL: SYS:WBStartup/DefIcons TO SYS:WBStartup/Disabled/DefIcons QUIET
      ENDIF

Delete >NIL: SYS:Utilities/Amplifier#? FORCE ALL QUIET
      Copy >NIL: SYS:Prefs/Presets/AmiKit/Install/System TO SYS: CLONE ALL QUIET
      SetENV bbfix 1
      Copy >NIL: ENV:bbfix TO ENVARC: CLONE QUIET
   EndIF
EndIF

IF EXISTS C:CyberBugFix
  C:CyberBugFix
EndIF

C:Version >NIL: SYS:Libs/xadmaster.library 12 1 FILE ;installs latest XAD if BoingBag1 for OS3.9 was installed only
IF WARN
   Copy >NIL: SYS:Prefs/Presets/AmiKit/Install/System TO SYS: CLONE ALL QUIET
EndIF

C:Version >NIL: SYS:Classes/DataTypes/ilbm.datatype 44 26 FILE ;adjusts AmiKit if BoingBag35-2 was installed
IF WARN
   Copy >NIL: SYS:Prefs/Presets/AmiKit/Install/System/Classes/DataTypes/ilbm.datatype TO SYS:Classes/Datatypes/ CLONE QUIET
EndIF

BindDrivers ;useless on UAE
C:Mount >NIL: DEVS:DOSDrivers/~(#?.info)

C:LoadMonDrvs
IF EXISTS DEVS:Monitors
  IF EXISTS DEVS:Monitors/VGAOnly
    DEVS:Monitors/VGAOnly
  EndIF

C:List >NIL: DEVS:Monitors/~(#?.info|VGAOnly) TO T:M LFORMAT "DEVS:Monitors/%s"
  Execute T:M
  C:Delete >NIL: T:M
EndIF

SetEnv Language "english"
SetEnv Workbench $Workbench
SetEnv Kickstart $Kickstart
UnSet Workbench
UnSet Kickstart

C:AddDataTypes REFRESH QUIET

;IF NOT EXISTS ENV:afa/replacevisualprefs ;enables the following lines only if similar featrues are disabled in AfA_OS
   Run >NIL: SYS:Utilities/Expansion/TitleShadow/TitleShadow           ;enables effects for window titlebar texts
   Run >NIL: SYS:Utilities/Expansion/VisualPrefs/VisualPrefs           ;enables the customization of Amiga GUI
   Run >NIL: SYS:Utilities/Expansion/VisualPrefs/TRAP ALL              ;enables the customization of Amiga ReAction GUI
;ENDIF

C:Wait 1  ;prevents IPrefs from crashes. Increase the value if IPrefs still crashes.
C:IPrefs

SYS:Utilities/Expansion/FullPalette/FPPrefs     ;applies FullPalette settings

C:ConClip

Path >NIL: RAM: C: SYS:Utilities SYS:Rexxc SYS:System S: SYS:Prefs SYS:WBStartup SYS:Tools SYS:Tools/Commodities SYS:Utilities/PicShow SYS:Utilities/EvenMore SYS:Utilities/MysticView SYS:Utilities/SimpleFind3 SYS:Utilities/Expansion/SmartFileSystem

IF NOT EXISTS ENV:afa/replacebirdie ;enables gfx patterns for windows borders (only if similar feature is disabled in AfA_OS)
   C:Wait 3  ;prevents Birdie from not loading the background picture.
   Run >NIL: SYS:Utilities/Expansion/Birdie/Birdie ? <Env:Birdie.prefs
ENDIF
SYS:System/REXXMast >NIL:

IF EXISTS S:User-Startup
  Execute S:User-Startup
EndIF

IF EXISTS S:AmiKit-Startup
  Execute S:AmiKit-Startup
EndIF

;following lines enable enchanced CLI/Shell functionality
;IF EXISTS DEVS:KingCON-mountlist
;   Assign CON: DISMOUNT
;   Assign RAW: DISMOUNT
;   Mount CON: from DEVS:KingCON-mountlist
;   Mount RAW: from DEVS:KingCON-mountlist
;ENDIF

Resident Execute REMOVE
Resident Assign REMOVE

C:Version >NIL: C:MakeLink 37 4 FILE
IF NOT WARN
   C:Copy >NIL: ENVARC:SYS/def_RAM.info RAM:Disk.info CLONE QUIET
ELSE
   C:MakeLink >NIL: RAM:Disk.info ENVARC:SYS/def_RAM.info SOFT
ENDIF

C:WBCtrl IMT=FAST MNL=100                                         ;tweaks Workbench

Run >NIL: C:CPointer                                  ;centers the mouse pointer on the screen (regardless of the screenmode used). Disable this entry if some of the other CPointer line is enabled.
;Run >NIL: C:CPointer XPOS=400 YPOS=368 MCLICK=50     ;for 800x600 screens,   automatically clicks the Dopus "RUN" button
;Run >NIL: C:CPointer XPOS=510 YPOS=455 MCLICK=50     ;for 1024x768 screens,  automatically clicks the Dopus "RUN" button
;Run >NIL: C:CPointer XPOS=576 YPOS=500 MCLICK=50     ;for 1152x864 screens,  automatically clicks the Dopus "RUN" button
;Run >NIL: C:CPointer XPOS=641 YPOS=579 MCLICK=50     ;for 1280x1024 screens, automatically clicks the Dopus "RUN" button
;Run >NIL: C:CPointer XPOS=797 YPOS=674 MCLICK=50     ;for 1600x1200 screens, automatically clicks the Dopus "RUN" button

;Run >NIL: C:PatchAsl     ;enables MUI file requesters
;C:ChangeExp             ;prevents from identifying your system as UAE

IF EXISTS S:AmiKit-StartOS    ;starts Magellan II, Scalos or Workbench - depends on your MorpheuZ settings.
  Execute S:AmiKit-StartOS
ELSE
  C:LoadDB SIMPLEGELS
EndIF

C:MemTrailer SIZE=96     ;provides partial memory protection
EndCLI >NIL:

Last edited by Retrofan; 01 December 2013 at 03:53.
Old 05 November 2013, 11:12   #190
ma693541
Computer Wizard

@Retrofan. Do you have a configfile for WinUAE to put up on the Real AmiKit site. It's a hell to make a configfile from scratch for your Real AmiKit and maybe that's why i couldn't get Real AmiKit to work under WinUAE emulation.
Old 05 November 2013, 19:27   #191
lukassid

I don't know if that's the case here but sometimes you need to rename your partition to System with Classic Workbench before you reset after installation, otherwise it will not boot. Maybe rename your boot partition to AmiKit before restarting.
Old 05 November 2013, 19:45   #192
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Yes, you need to call your booting partition AmiKit. Attached an example of WinUAE config working with WinUAE 2.6.1. You have to change where you've got stored your files of AmiKit or introduce a real Hardrive or other.
EDIT: I've changed the config as it was crashing with WinUAE 2.7.0, now it works.

Edit: Just to comment that I've got the permission to use all the icons I need for my Dual Png Mattahan's Icons set Plug-in, as JKSketchy and BlackCatLove1 have also agreed to use his wonderful BlackCat as the icon I was needing for the AmiKit volume, and I have Mattahan's permission from the beginning. Thanks a lot

So I've got a complete installer, now just waiting for some betatester. PM's are welcomed

Edit: The installer will let you change all of your icons to the new ones but also, running it again you've got the option to completely restore your original setup. It will take 20 minutes or around each complete change though, so it's better -recommended- to try it first on WinUAE.

Edit: This is an Screenshot using also my previous Plug-in for RTG:

Attached Files
File Type: uae WinUAE_New config 2.7.0.uae (27.0 KB, 76 views)

Last edited by Retrofan; 08 December 2013 at 14:40.
Old 05 December 2013, 05:09   #193
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I've thought for the 05 update to add another Start Menu that can open camouflaged from ... Where?. Tic-tac, Tic-tac... LOL.

This is with it there. Look... Did you find it? Search more .

If you don't see it, search for the small vertical bar on the left of the logo on the title bar. The clickable icon is all the AmiKit logo image:

And this is opened, with another wallpaper:

This way you'll have the cleanest screen, but the menu will be there hidden on the title bar, and as it is the fastest menu ever created, you will have it ready when booting -fast-. Not only that, because as I've made two versions you can use one remapped to 16 colors or now also another using 256 colors if you use them.

Edit: I've edited my config for WinUAE as it was crashing with WinUAE 2.7.0. See previous post.

Last edited by Retrofan; 15 December 2013 at 22:28.
Old 14 December 2013, 19:38   #194
slaapliedje

So I finally have (almost) everything working on my real Amiga. I do have one weird issue right now.

The dialogs are (mostly) looking like the attached image. Tried changing the themes around, and it seems to make it slightly better.

This is issue only shows up in the RTG resolutions. In 32 color mode (640x512) it looks just right.

slaapliedje
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	corruptdialog.png
Views:	142
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	38172  
Old 14 December 2013, 22:53   #195
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Man it's difficult for me to fix your config for RTG, I said I had given all the support. I know you've installed more things for your hardware and updated to BB4.

The question would be when did you begin to have those problems, after what thing you installed. I suposse you didn't have it when you just installed it over a clean OS3.9 BB2. ¿? . And I don't have them on WinUAE with Rtg.

Anyway if it's only that pattern of the dialogs (corrupted?), you can use another manually.
The patterns shown in that dialogue are stored on AmiKit:Prefs/Presets/Patterns/SliderBlue-Dark.png and also SliderBlue-Light.png.
You can take the ones of the Pc version of AmiKit and try, anyway they are better if you use Rtg.

Last edited by Retrofan; 15 December 2013 at 00:08.
Old 15 December 2013, 21:09   #196
slaapliedje

That was it, I ended up copying over the SliderBlue-Light.png from amikit and it fixed the corrupted dialog.

This was after reading about akPNG and installing it over what was already there (looked like it was the same version, just wanted to make sure that it was running the 68060 version.) That still didn't fix it, but after copying over that png from the PC version of Amikit, it worked.

As a side note, a lot of the png files in that directory under the Amikit for Real are not able to be opened under Linux, they say they're not png files, whereas under the normal version of Amikit, they all work. Does that mean that a lot of them are simply corrupted?

slaapliedje

P.S. I should only be running BB3, though I'll have to check some things for sure, I know a newer version of icon.library is in BB4 than what I have (46.4 currently). Thanks again for all your help!
Old 15 December 2013, 22:12   #197
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
That still didn't fix it, but after copying over that png from the PC version of Amikit, it worked.

As a side note, a lot of the png files in that directory under the Amikit for Real are not able to be opened under Linux, they say they're not png files, whereas under the normal version of Amikit, they all work. Does that mean that a lot of them are simply corrupted?

slaapliedje

Glad it worked . No, in fact not all the png images are png but iff ones. The thing is that the Amiga doesn't care of the names, so for example I use a remaped to 16C iff image for the AmiKit logo when booting, but it is called .png as the original was. In this case I didn't want to change the program that uses it and searchs for a concrete name. As I say the Amiga will open it the same.

About the latest icon.library it's already on the AmiKit 04 version, on the Live Update 06 and also on the AmiKit 05 update.
Old 16 December 2013, 17:42   #198
slaapliedje

Nice! Nautilus under Linux should be doing the same thing, but I could see it not detecting it if I don't have iff support (thought it was there, I'll check).

Hmm, I wonder if the 'version icon.library' is just telling me the major.minor version and not the major.minor.bugfix (guess that's what you'd call the third number). Either that or I have the icon.library from BB3. Actually, now that I think about it, I bet I do. Will have to update that, since I am running into a bug that I noticed with the older version (namely in AGA video modes, when highlghting or dragging icons, they are a corrupted mess).

I have ran the update, I'll verify the version of icon.library when I get home. This was a copy of an old backup that I'd almost gotten working at one point, so I may have done some tweaks that I can't remember.

Only other issue I have now is the Picasso96 error when booting up saying "Cannot create context for 'Radeon'" which I had fixed at one point, but the RTG screen modes still work fine, so not sure if it's out of order or what...

On another note, there are three different launch bars, AmiDock, Workbench 2000 and AmiStart. One of them (I think it's workbench 2000 that has the full task bar?) is really slow to load the menus. Anyone know of a way to cache them in memory or something? The other one is so much faster to bring up, but doesn't have all the features of the other one.
Old 16 December 2013, 18:35   #199
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Workbench 2000 has 4 different installations that you can select on MorpheuZ preferences. The lite is the one that will boot faster. AmiStart also is very complete, but will take also time to boot and sometimes to open the menus (AmiStart will be modified on the 05 update). The best one for me is my Magellan Start Menu.

Edit: I've changed the patterns I've commented you in my unofficial RTG Add-on. Thanks for trying it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: AmiKit 05 has been released. This is the Readme for the 05 Update:

CONGRATULATIONS! You just found a gem.
The gem that turns your miggy into high-end environement.

This is UNOFFICIAL AND BETA 'AmiKit for real Amiga' by Retrofan.
For more info and install instructions please visit http://real.amiga.sk/

Original AmiKit for Windows, Mac and Linux by
© 2005-2013 Jan Zahurancik and contributors. http://amikit.amiga.sk/

If you like this project, please consider donating. Thank you!

NOTES:
-------------
- Desktop and AmiDock contain the same icons. You can either use the desktop icons (and disable AmiDock by moving it to AmiKit:WBStartup/Disabled folder) OR keep the AmiDock instead (in this case put the redundant desktop icons away by right clicking on each of them and selecting "Put away").

- If GlobalTrash doesn't apear on desktop, click on screen and select "Icons", "Reset", and the GlobalTrash will appear. You can move it wherever you want and snapshot the icon.

WHAT'S NEW IN v0.5 AT FIRST SIGHT ?
------------------------------------------------------------------

BDWatch by Thomas is a new wonderful clock. It's on AmiKit:WBStartup/Disabled, and a fast accelerator is recommended. You can edit its preferences just clicking on it; change its skin, snapshot or refresh its display.

If you just want a new face clock (it won't slow down your System) you can use the new Clock Faces on AmiKit:Prefs/Presets/Clock Faces. You can open its drawer, choose one and with a right click select "Leave Out". Snapshot it (right click over it, "Snapshot") where you want to have the clock on the screen and move LimpidClock centering over it. Select on LimpidClock (Change appearance of analog clock) the best lengh of the pointers to fit the new face, and change the number of dots to 0, Click to Fix its position and save the changes.

ShutDown button in Tools. Added to the Magellan and TinyMeter bars too. Will play some music when you quit WinUAE or you make a reboot.

BDSlide by Thomas on WBStartup/Disabled is a new program that let's you watch sliding images in palleted workbenchs. A fast accelerator or WinUAE is recommended.

Actually BDSlide is using your 800x600 drawer on AmiKit:Prefs/Presets/Backdrops with 16 colors images, but you've got also an "Slide" drawer in Prefs/Presets with 256 color images that you can use.

To change the preferences of BDSlide just make a right click on it (it's on AmiKit:WBStartup/Disabled) and select "Information". There you can select the width, height or position for it, also the "Path" where it will search for images to use or also the delay to show the images.

The preferences for TinyMeter or if you want to use a TinyMeter bar can be changed using MorpheuZ with the "Preferences" option.

WBStartup++ in WBStartup is the program that makes you watch your icons in WBStartup/Enabled while booting. If your screen is too small for all of them or you don't want some, you can move them to WBStartup; they will work the same from the startup, but you won't see their icons appearing on screen while booting.

The preferences for WBStartup++ can be changed with a right click on its icon, selecting "Information". You can change its position, width of your screen or delay to start. If it starts before your wallpaper adjust the delay to start later.

NOTE: AmiDock crashes when used from WBStartup++ on WinUAE when JIT is enabled: that's why it's outside.

CopyMem by MattHey. Actually it's working with the 0x0 version, that can run from 020. If you've got a 040 or 060 you should edit the Startup-sequence and change it to use the CopyMem040 or CopyMem040Safe or Copymem060 or Copymem060Safe. You can read CopyMem readme on AmiKit:Locale/Help/english/CopyMem Readme.

ACATune v1.7: If you are using an ACA by Individual Computers you can use the option on MorpheuZ, "Preferences", "ACATune" and copy it to C. The original drawer with the readme is in AmiKit:Utilities/EXPANSION/ACATune_V1.7

To use ACATune with your ACA you must change the Startup-Sequence (at the very beginning) and I recommend also the User-Startup (at the end).

Why do I use now the User-Startup instead of all together on the S-S? Because for ACATune to recognice the ACA we need to make a "hole" through Mu. That can only be done after Setpatch, so it's better to leave the last commands to the User-Startup.

You will find on both the commands for an ACA1230/56 and an ACA1231/42, so you just have to delete the semicolons of them there. If you use another ACA you should add your favourite commands.

If you don't have an ACA do not copy it to C, because if there is no ACA12xx installed, the tool will find an ACA1230/28 and probably add memory, which can crash the computer.

New Booting Song by Gibs. You can listen it (again) clicking on AmiKit:Prefs/Presets/Sounds/AmiKitReal.aiff . If you preffer the older music you just have to edit your Startup-Sequence and change the semicolons to use instead Opening_Theme_A.aiff.

Scripts to Disable/Enable CyberBugfixAga. Now they are on Tools, and they disable/enable not only the patch but also Birdie, so you will have much memory to run for example some of the new ports of Novacoder without problems.

New Start Menus. Now I'm also introducing two more Start Menus. To try any you better close the existing (right click on its left and close), and then right click on screen, "Buttons", "Load Start Menu", and you'll find two new ones: Magellan_bar_Logo and Magellan_bar_Logo_256C. Double click on the first for 16 colors screens and if you want it to stay later make a right click on screen, Settings, Save Layout. The second Start Menu uses 256 colors, so you can try it if you use that amount of colors.

Perhaps you don't see the menu now...lol. It's up, on the title bar, just click on it and the menu will appear.

Have Fun!

QUESTIONS
----------------------

Q: Hey! I want TinyMeter to be transparent with the Magellan bar!!!
A: Open AmiKit:Prefs/TinyMeter and change Flags, Backgroundtype to SNAP instead of FILE.

Q: I've "lost" the GlobalTrash on screen. How can I fix it?
A: It happens sometimes after an install. You have to reset the icons on screen. With Magellan it's right click, icons, reset. Then put the GlobalTrash where you like, make first a left click to select it, and then with a right click you can snapshoot it. Also sometimes there are two bins. In that case only one of them has the "Put away" option with a right click on its icon. Use it.

CREDITS
---------------
Thanks a lot to Thomas for help with the installer, programs, etc, PeterK and James for their support, Mfilos with some tips and to Gibs for his great booting song.
Also thanks to Guido Mersmann for VBRControl, MattHey for CopyMem, Thomas Richter for SaferPatches and PoolMem, Jens from Individual Computers for his ACATune, and again to PeterK for MinStack.

v0.5 beta (Dec-2013)
--------------------------------------

- ADDED: BDWatch by Thomas.
- ADDED: BDSlide by Thomas.
- ADDED: WBStartup++.
- ADDED: WBRun.
- ADDED: UAEquit.
- ADDED: z.library
- ADDED: Clock faces drawer.
- ADDED: Slide drawer in Prefs/Presets.
- ADDED: New Wallpapers (Prefs/Presets/Backdrops).
- ADDED: ShutDown button in Tools.
- ADDED: TinyMeter dock bar now also for Workbench/Scalos.
- ADDED: New booting music by Gibs.
- ADDED: Copymem by MattHey.
- ADDED: MinStack by Peter Keunecke.
- ADDED: SaferPatches by Thomas Richter.
- ADDED: Poolmem by Thomas Richter.
- ADDED: VBRControl by Guido Mersmann.
- ADDED: ACATune version 1.7 (installable option with MorpheuZ).
- ADDED: Two more Start Menus now camouflaged on the title bar.
- ADDED: BlackBorder.
- UPDATED: IconLib 46.4.326 by Peter Keunecke.
- UPDATED: MorpheuZ options.
- CHANGED: AmigaAmp MorphOS skin remapped to 16 colors.
- CHANGED: Reboot option on User Menu to use Command instead of AmigaDos.
- CHANGED: Startup-Sequence to include new functions to speed up the System.
- CHANGED: ACATune on Startup-Sequence and User-Startup.
- CHANGED: Scripts to disable CyberBugFix, now they are on Tools.
- CHANGED: AmiStart's preferences.

Last edited by Retrofan; 19 December 2013 at 02:47.
Old 18 December 2013, 05:47   #200
ma693541
Computer Wizard

Question Bug Report!

@Retrofan
I downloaded this file, Real AmiKit 0.4 to 0.5 - update.
Mounted it as a drive in WinUAE and used the Install icon inside to update my old Real AmiKit 0.4 to 0.5.
IconX started the installer script, but there was an error in the beginning of the script. The UnLZX command didn't understand the option -o, i continued the script and then it went wrong.
After the reboot my new Real Amikit 0.5 was corrupted, no music was played, the screen was now white with ugly blue icon's on the Real Amikit desktop. Please help.