English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace > Swapshop

Old 28 November 2008, 22:37   #21
TheCorfiot
Amibay Senior Staff

@webhead

If my good friend Zetro is unable to help I can offer the following.

A600 HD (Badged) - White condition (inc keyboard) with PSU & Mouse
KS 37.350 (Allows use of large HD) with WB 2.1
Official Commodore 1MB ChipRAM Expansion - 2MB ChipRAM in Total
1GB CF IDE HD inc IDE to CF Adapter installed.

Fully tested & Ready to Run

TC
Old 28 November 2008, 22:51   #22
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorfiot View Post
Official Commodore 1MB ChipRAM Expansion - 2MB ChipRAM in Total
if webhead wants to wait for an AGA machine, i'll happily take that ram expansion off your hands
Old 28 November 2008, 23:42   #23
TheCorfiot
Amibay Senior Staff

@HH

Thanks for the offer my friend, I'm not going to separate the A600 from the Ram Expansion & in truth I'm not looking to sell the A600 at all, It's just the modded psp sounds tempting from a homebrew point of view & I'm happy to offer the package to webhead If Zetro is unable to help, just giving the guy a Possible Plan B

TC
Old 29 November 2008, 13:53   #24
webhead
Banned

hi many thank im interested init ,but i got to see if zetro can bang me out sumit first,
i like 600 but they are a bit limited on memory expansion which is a shame i wish somebody whould make a decent memory upgrade for it.
Old 29 November 2008, 14:22   #25
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

A600 is not limited anymore. There is an ultimate RAM expansion for A600 available.

http://bboah.com/cgi-bin/showhardware.cgi?HARDID=1786

Available now for $40 at Amiga Service Centre

http://amigasc.nm.ru/english/buy.html
Old 30 November 2008, 00:47   #26
webhead
Banned

woe thats great why didnt they go hole hog and put another cpu onit aswell damn them.
Old 30 November 2008, 01:38   #27
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by webhead View Post
cool many thanks zetro ,and yes psp,s there not crap its just they dont make you want to play them much it seems you get 1 then it gathers dust.

well as for the 333mhz i had to set mine to it as it was running on 233 ,you can check by switching the psp on whilst holding triggers down go to config and see cpu speed mine was set low for some reason.but now its right it does play good i even had workbench 1.3 running lol

now thats a psp.
Horace is correct. PSPUAE, sets the clock to 333mhz, when its executed. You must have had an old recovery config file. Cause the default actually says "default" not "233".
Old 30 November 2008, 02:18   #28
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
why didnt they go hole hog and put another cpu on it as well damn them.
Cos then it would have been $250 and non profitable.
Old 30 November 2008, 13:16   #29
webhead
Banned

i c well it defo plays better than it did i added fast mem aswell and that speeded it up alot, also WB3.1 works ace with a load of mem in config try it.

also WB1.3 works great and i even used the speech tool and it works just like it should lol.

pretty good shame we can make some addons through the usb it could be a real amiga.

you could put a usb floppy on and use adf blitzer to turn them back into disks using the psp now that would be cool.
Old 30 November 2008, 13:38   #30
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
i c well it defo plays better than it did i added fast mem aswell and that speeded it up alot, also WB3.1 works ace with a load of mem in config try it.

also WB1.3 works great and i even used the speech tool and it works just like it should lol.

pretty good shame we can make some addons through the usb it could be a real amiga.

you could put a usb floppy on and use adf blitzer to turn them back into disks using the psp now that would be cool.
As I said someone must have messed with your recovery menu, I have never altered CPU speed in recovery. Its on Default all the time, I tried yesterday to set it to 333MHz just to check what you said.

There was no speed difference. Your "233" setting in recovery was overriding the PSP's CPU speed and forcing it to "233".

Yes, we all imagine great things for PSPUAE, but unless coders help, it will continue improving slowly. I can only do so much on my own.

If it was the case that your recovery had CPU set to "233", then it would have also effected your proper PSP UMD games to. As in, if a game needed 333 to run smooth, your PSP would have been forcing it to 233.
Old 04 December 2008, 21:33   #31
webhead
Banned

zetro still interested or not?
Old 04 December 2008, 23:23   #32
Photon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Horace View Post
yes, the PSP is so rubbish i have two.

Doesnt stop me having about 8 Amigas though, and yet i still use PSPUAE, despite the 'haters'. There's no way i'm swapping one though.

quite astounding. hating Sony, but buying multiple PSPs. Sounds like you have more money than sense or judgement to me.
Hey, you been drinking Troll Light?

It's perfectly possible to like a product from a global corporation otherwise regarded as crappy, or evil, or making tons of other crap products, or treating their staff like crap, or using child labor. Take your pick, this is not directed at any special megaglobaniac multicorporation.

He could also think the PSP is a pretty darn good platform with many games that he likes, but still dislike Sony because... see above. Because they wouldn't repair his beloved record player from 1987, the expensive headphones had one earpiece fall off after two weeks, they spend more on advertising than on r&d'ing good products, I could go on...

Why not ask him, and why he has two? Lots of possibilities here, too - he had one but got one in a trade or very cheap. Also, it would explain why he only wants to trade one and not both.

I'll butt out now since I'm not interested in the trade, just was entertained since you seemed to fire on all cylinders...
Old 04 December 2008, 23:31   #33
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon View Post
...a global corporation otherwise regarded as crappy, or evil, or making tons of other crap products, or treating their staff like crap, or using child labor. Take your pick, this is not directed at any special megaglobaniac multicorporation....
but such an opinion would be blissfully and naively inaccurate.

is it really that odd that such comments as
Quote:
i hate sony ...i buy a psp play on it get bored senseless then sell it
really do baffle me? I think not myself, since such activities arent cheap and seem somewhat contradictory.

I happen to hate ASDA, so i dont shop there. I hate SKY TV, so i dont subscribe. I hate The Sun 'newspaper', so i dont buy it. The difference is I dont go on about it.

Trust me... that's far from me 'firing on all cylinders'... i was merely stating what i thought it sounded like his comments implied. It is of course possible i inferred something completely unintended.

edit: apologies to webhead for going off-topic.

Last edited by Hungry Horace; 04 December 2008 at 23:38.
Old 23 December 2008, 21:19   #34
papa_november

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
A600 is not limited anymore. There is an ultimate RAM expansion for A600 available.

http://bboah.com/cgi-bin/showhardware.cgi?HARDID=1786

Available now for $40 at Amiga Service Centre

http://amigasc.nm.ru/english/buy.html
Did anyone beyond the initial 10 people who signed up ever get their units?
Old 23 December 2008, 21:36   #35
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Quote:
zetro still interested or not?
Sorry Webby, I thought I sent you a PM, alas it seems I didnt, I have been suffering some ass-nasty flu... technically speaking its been over 7 weeks now!!!!

ugh...

I think I may be able to help you out buddy, but please bare with me as I still have not checked if I have enough plastics my friend.

man... i am sick of this sofa.... hey... anyone here want some ass-nasty flu?
Old 24 December 2008, 10:53   #36
ami_junkie

hi mate, don`t know if this is too late but i would give u a CD32 for the PSP

Old 24 December 2008, 15:02   #37
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_november View Post
Did anyone beyond the initial 10 people who signed up ever get their units?
No idea. I got mine, but I did sign up at the very start.

However I left it at least 3-4 months from receiving my "Your order is ready Please send us the money" before actually getting round to send it.

LordV (designer) and AcidRain (shop owner) are on ICQ all the time. You can msg them they are very nice people.
Old 26 February 2009, 04:15   #38
PowerPie5000
Miggy Ate My Hamster!

I don't usually care who makes a console or computer, if i like it i get it

As for my psp its probably the least played system i have! its packed away in its box still practically brand new!
But since my psp is the limited final fantasy edition i will keep it a little longer as ive seen them going on ebay anywhere between £200 and £300 (used)!! I paid £140 new from game .... it could get higher in value as not many of the ff7 ones were made