English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 22 July 2008, 20:27   #21
alanwall

Happy seeing Linux partition from AmigaSys

a friend from TeamAmiga sent me a file that allows Linux partition to be accessed from Windows,so if you have AmigaSys installed on Windows,
AmigaSys will also see those partitions and allow you to move files to/from each other.Get it here:
http://home.comcast.net/~amiga/Ext2.exe

Last edited by alanwall; 22 July 2008 at 20:37.
Old 23 July 2008, 08:37   #22
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanwall View Post
a friend from TeamAmiga sent me a file that allows Linux partition to be accessed from Windows,so if you have AmigaSys installed on Windows,
AmigaSys will also see those partitions and allow you to move files to/from each other.Get it here:
http://home.comcast.net/~amiga/Ext2.exe
http://www.fs-driver.org/

Looks less suspicious than previous url
Old 28 July 2008, 13:29   #23
Dary

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ThEcRoW View Post
The installation always stop at the point that it says it is not a valid aforever cd. I have copied the contents of the cd to the folder as you explained in the installation help, but it stays the same. I have given access permisions too as suggested but the install still says the same. I'm desperate now. If only it were as easy as on win.
I'm using latest euae under mac os x, using the frontend hi-toro.
Sorry for answering lately, but i've never met a problem like this. In theory this error never ocurres, because the installer checks before the installing, meanwhile it is only stops if one of the files are damaged. i do not think the installer is wrong, because no one reported similar errors. try the install in another language.

Dary
Old 10 August 2008, 00:48   #24
foody

@Dary

Dary this is very urgent message I need you to read before releasing AmigaSYS 4 AGA to real system. I am an Amiga game developer and I am using AmiBlitz 3 http://amiblitz3.amiforce.de to make my games. It is very urgent that I use this program but I also need to use AmigaSYS for my A1200 as well. If I had to choose between either AmigaSYS or AmiBlitz3 I will be force it to not to use AmigaSYS in order to use AmiBlitz 3. You are going to start to wonder what the hell I am talking about it? Please read the problem I am facing below and hopes you will fix it, in your later releases:

AmigaSys have a problem when it comes with AmiBlitz 3. As soon as I install AmiBlitz 3 in the environment of AmigaSYS I get this problem below:

Well actually I am using AmigaSYS in an WinUAE emulation. I am not sure if you are familiar with AmigaSYS, here are the things that happens when I enter the keys in the keyboard:

If I press space bar I get a dialog box "Select file to save as ASCII" I have to press ESC to close the window and a space command commences.

If press the Enter key I get Print dialog box where I specify the port number every time I press enter and I have to hit the ESC key to close it.

If press the <-- Backspace I get a dialog box Project Settings before the Delete command is commenced. If press Delete key it erases everything before it in one shot.

The problems above happen every single time I press the key stroke, it is annoying and render development to be difficult.

It is of dire urgency that this problem is fixed, thanks in advance.
Old 14 August 2008, 02:02   #25
Dary

@foody

The mistake a system a file causes. The system windows be added 2 plus icons (right side). AmiBlitz3 these are out of order in that manner in a window than in Workbench. I cannot repair this unfortunately. Systemwise useful, would be harm to delete. But there is a solution! Delete/rename it System:S/AmigaSYSU-Startup file, and reboot. You disabled the program with this, in AmiBlitz3 will not be a mistake!
Old 17 September 2008, 00:08   #26
Steve C

I'm afraid this will not work for me. I d/l'd the package to put on my A4k ec030 and successfully transferred it to my amiga. I put everything in the root of SYSTEM: as directed.

On reboot all I get is a DOS prompt. It refuses to go any further. I know the package works, because I made a fresh profile in winuae with the same specs as my Amiga and it went perfectly.

Everything is present and correct. The Miggy will boot from the drive when i do a simple install of Workbench off the floppies.

I'm out of ideas and patience ( ) - Can anyone help?
Old 17 September 2008, 01:17   #27
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve C View Post
I'm afraid this will not work for me. I d/l'd the package to put on my A4k ec030 and successfully transferred it to my amiga. I put everything in the root of SYSTEM: as directed.

On reboot all I get is a DOS prompt. It refuses to go any further. I know the package works, because I made a fresh profile in winuae with the same specs as my Amiga and it went perfectly.

Everything is present and correct. The Miggy will boot from the drive when i do a simple install of Workbench off the floppies.

I'm out of ideas and patience ( ) - Can anyone help?

Sounds like your drive is not set as bootable.
Old 17 September 2008, 10:56   #28
Steve C

It is. As previously mentioned I did a quick install of workbench off the floppies and it booted just fine.

The archive was downloaded into winuae and un-lha'd there. I used nero to put it on cd and copied it off there onto the a4k. All long filenames are present and correct, and individual files appear to have copied over intact - I can read text files and programs run ok.

It just does not want to boot into the initial installation script.
Old 17 September 2008, 16:52   #29
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
It is. As previously mentioned I did a quick install of workbench off the floppies and it booted just fine.

The archive was downloaded into winuae and un-lha'd there. I used nero to put it on cd and copied it off there onto the a4k. All long filenames are present and correct, and individual files appear to have copied over intact - I can read text files and programs run ok.

It just does not want to boot into the initial installation script.
Very odd. Maybe burning them using nero is the problem?

What about using ISOCD (From the CD32 dev kit) in winuae, and making a iso, then use nero to burn that. So basically nero does'nt touch the files then. This is the way I have make all my disc's Amiga wise, as I know windows can screw with the files and mess some up. I have even had windows mess up startup-sequence files in the past. Which would cause it not to boot, once copied to HDD of Amiga.
Old 17 September 2008, 17:05   #30
_ThEcRoW
Amiga NetRunner

The problem i said threads below is still happening. The only way to make te installation on a mac os x machine(at least for me) was to install amigasys on a pc, then move the installed environment directly to the mac and configure it via hi-toro. Now i have it running on my mac os x machine, but i had previously to install it on my pc.
If anyone has mac os x and want to try amigasys4, hope that you will have another machine(a pc, preferably), because the installer supplied for mac os x don't work, at least for me.
Thanks in advance!!!
Old 17 September 2008, 22:31   #31
Steve C

So - stick the drive in the PC and copy the filesystem over -it's simple, right?

Wrong.

Drive is recognised by BIOS, then by Vista as new hardware, then driver is installed by "New Hardware " wizard. So far - so good.

Into Explorer - the drive only shows up as a CD-ROM. WTF????

Same sh@t with 2 different drives, a Quantum Fireball 3.2 gig and a fujitsu also 3.2 gigs.

I'm REALLY PO'd here - 3 nights fannying around with this and I'm still in a worse position than when I started. Looks like its back to ClassicWB for now.

DAMN!!
Old 18 September 2008, 08:05   #32
Dary

Quote:
So - stick the drive in the PC and copy the filesystem over -it's simple, right?

Wrong.

Drive is recognised by BIOS, then by Vista as new hardware, then driver is installed by "New Hardware " wizard. So far - so good.

Same sh@t with 2 different drives, a Quantum Fireball 3.2 gig and a fujitsu also 3.2 gigs.

I'm REALLY PO'd here - 3 nights fannying around with this and I'm still in a worse position than when I started. Looks like its back to ClassicWB for now.

DAMN!!

This DOS promt I was not worth a thing. If you undo it properly then the startup-sequence runs down. Would you write a more detailed description?

Single flat LZX from unpacking there is a word. An can be booted partition. After a reset it S/Startup-sequence would need to run.

Startup-sequence always the first. If Dos is promt only is. Like that as if that file would not turn up. He is there though.

I am asking you look at it. If you undo it. it S/Startup-sequence a file is found. And write the first 2 rows in here.

I looked at it and totally well working. Immediately the install presents himself.

Last edited by Dary; 18 September 2008 at 08:23.
Old 18 September 2008, 08:13   #33
Dary

Quote:

Wrong.

DAMN!!
Install:WinUAE Windows:

Put the Amiga formatted HD into the PC.
Extract the AmigaSYS3PlusAGA.zip file to the WinUAE dir.
Start the emulator and click once to the AmigaSYS configuration and load it. Go to the ROM section and add the Kickstart Rom file (3.x). Then save the configuration and start the emulation.

Install AmigaSYS, follow the instructions, you can change disks with F12. When you finished and the system boot up, quit from the emulator.

Start the emulator, load the AmigaSYS configuration, at the HDD section, add your harddisk (check the read/write option!). When you ready, start the emulation.

Description may help a lot.

http://amigasys.extra.hu/amiga.html#Install:

Last edited by Dary; 18 September 2008 at 08:19.
Old 07 October 2008, 02:54   #34
Amilord

Problem with BB2

Hello guys.
I just did a fresh install of Amigasys4 and upgrade to 3.9, just fine.
Next I decided to install BoingBag 1 & 2 and it seems, after the installation of BB2 that it trash the system a little. For example every prefs utilities are not displaying properly. It is still usable but i do not have borders for the buttons nor for panels. Someone knows about it ?
Old 07 October 2008, 03:15   #35
NovaCoder

Button borders are controlled by your Workbench prefs, give that a go.
Old 07 October 2008, 03:57   #36
Amilord

thanks, but did not resolve the problem
Old 07 October 2008, 14:35   #37
blade002
Zone Friend

I would really like to install AmigaSYS but the install guide on the webpage seems about as clear as mud to me Plus i have zero time to sort through it all. My CD drive is not working because my IDE Buffer Device didn't do what it was supposed to do when i bought it so transferring a file bigger than 720k from formatting a HD floppy on the PC is about the best i can do right now.

If i wasn't flat out busy doing other crap, i would get down and dirty with my Amiga again. Any of you guys over here in a Australia want to set it up for me?.. i will pay you $50

I feel like setting the Amiga up in the old way like i used too with just installing a basic workbench and installing each program bit by bit and configuring them. It might take me a hell of a lot longer but at least i know it will all work in the end. the last time i did a complete reinstall and reconfig manually though, would have been about 1996 !!!!.. lol..
Old 07 October 2008, 19:41   #38
Dary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilord View Post
Hello guys.
I just did a fresh install of Amigasys4 and upgrade to 3.9, just fine.
Next I decided to install BoingBag 1 & 2 and it seems, after the installation of BB2 that it trash the system a little. For example every prefs utilities are not displaying properly. It is still usable but i do not have borders for the buttons nor for panels. Someone knows about it ?
Can you show me a picture?

here or my mail...
Old 08 October 2008, 07:04   #39
wizard66
FPGA Replay inside A590

removed by me
Old 08 November 2008, 10:31   #40
mingle

How to change on-screen clock, etc?

Hi,

Just playing with AmigaSYS 4 AGA at the moment, but I'm having a bit of trouble locating the prefs/settings for things like the on-screen Workbench clock/calendar and also how to make the border/title of the active window a differnt colour from inactive ones (and in good old Workbench 3.1).

Any help or pointers appreciated!

Cheers,

Mike.