English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > Amiga websites reviews

Old 26 April 2002, 12:41   #1
Tim Janssen

Post Triad scenemags

I have stumbled upon a FTP-site which has some scene-mags by crackinggroup Triad.
The logs may be not interesting enough to most people but I found them very informative. It features some scene news, reviews of C64 and Amiga games and so on.

I was also surprised to find out the copy party in Venlo I regularly visited was so popular in 1988. It attracted people from all over Europe. Those were the days... *sigh*

THE VENLO MEETING, 16th OF APRIL 1988! Finally the ultimate meeting in VENLO!
Believe it or not, about 600 guys showed up there! Among them, names like: FAIRLIGHT (Strider and Gollum who came from Sweden), IKARI (Nik, Mark and Paul), FUSION (Jester), HOTLINE of course, RADWAR, CFR, TRANSCOM, TWG, ORION, ILLUSION, TRIAD (...). It was so overcrowded that it took you half an hour to get from one end of the room to the other.(...)

Last edited by Tim Janssen; 26 April 2002 at 13:47.
Old 26 April 2002, 23:13   #2
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Yep, the Triad scene mags are an interesting read if you're a C64/Amiga fanatic (like me!). Believe it or not, Triad to this day still cracks what little new commercial software that is released on C64. That's either perverse cracker's mentality or dedication to the extreme!
Old 26 April 2002, 23:19   #3
enigma

Well, you didn't mention the hyperlind, did you?

Old 01 May 2002, 14:49   #4
Tim Janssen

Cool Nostalgia

I did not know Triad were still ‘active’. Are there any ‘real’ cracking groups left nowadays?
On the other hand I remember Fairlight ‘cracked’ the textadventure Zork Zero on C64 (which is a conversion from PC Zork Zero which came free with Zork Nemesis) a couple of years ago. In the scrolling intro a Fairlight member (nowadays a daddy of two kids) was remembering all the fun in the scene he had all those years ago. It was pure nostalgia, but in a very sad kind of way.
Old 31 July 2023, 12:00   #5
Factor5
Senior Game Dev

I was there in 1988 and it was fantastic.... No internet, just personal meetings with all the guys swapping newest stuff. Venlo meetings were great!