English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - Entertainment

Old 16 October 2020, 18:06   #2701
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Two Guns. A nice buddy-cop movie. I'm not going to say that it is hilarious, but the movie had me laughing a couple of times. Denzel and Wahlberg actually have very decent chemistry and have characters that play to their strengths. The bad guys in the movie are adequately shady. Overall, good popcorn movie.

7/10
Old 18 October 2020, 17:16   #2702
Anubis
Retro Gamer

For some reason I can't think of watching anything new, so I am going through phase 1 of MU. So far saw following in order they were released:

Iron Man
Iron Man II
Thor
Captain America - The First Avenger
Old 19 October 2020, 02:38   #2703
SquawkBox
Speedbump gimme goosebump

Send a message via ICQ to SquawkBox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Iron Man
Iron Man II
Thor
Captain America - The First Avenger
Dude, I feel for you, especially considering how First Avenger sucked donkey's balls . Maybe the following will help (imdb list of classic films I watched and enjoyed, no French films included) :
Code:
https://www.imdb.com/list/ls007606051/?sort=num_votes,desc&st_dt=&mode=detail&page=1
Old 19 October 2020, 11:11   #2704
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I'm getting fiber optics internet this Friday (FINALLY) and I'm getting an internet only subscription, replacing the TV part of the subscription with Disney+ (for now). I'm sure I will be re-watching a few of those Marvel movies myself
Old 19 October 2020, 14:44   #2705
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkBox View Post
Dude, I feel for you, especially considering how First Avenger sucked donkey's balls . Maybe the following will help (imdb list of classic films I watched and enjoyed, no French films included) :
Code:
https://www.imdb.com/list/ls007606051/?sort=num_votes,desc&st_dt=&mode=detail&page=1
While 'The First Avenger' is not my favorite, definitely its not the worst of Marvel movies.

Re-watching those movies also allowed me to notice some actors I haven't notice before in MU, like Natalie Dormer. Too bad she did not get repeating role.

Just as I've said, it is not like I have nothing else to watch, it is just that I don't feel watching anything else... this is more like popcorn time...
Old 20 October 2020, 16:34   #2706
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Never say never, Marvel phase 4 is all about multiverses and that means: no restrictions. It doesn't matter who's dead, who's alive or who was asking too much money 10 years ago.

Which sucks because D.C. is doing exactly the same thing, so if you didn't follow the progression before... it's going to get only harder.
Old 23 October 2020, 09:25   #2707
Pyromania

I just finished watching Borat 2. While not as funny or shocking as the first film it did have some good moments. Borat dressing up in full Trump costume and storming a vice president speech look almost too real. Borat did get Trump's lawyer in a questionable position in a hotel room with an actress playing Borat's 15-year-old daughter. He had is hand down his pants at least three times.

[ Show youtube player ]

I don't think he had plans to do anything with her though. He's 76 years old and probably just had itchy ball syndrome. Women have probably never heard of this but men sometimes get an overwhelming desire to scratch their own balls. I bet it gets worse as you age and he is 76 after all. Wrong place and wrong time for him to get IBS when Borat is around and hidden cameras are rolling.
Old 23 October 2020, 16:37   #2708
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
but men sometimes get an overwhelming desire to scratch their own balls.
It's a privilege AND a right.
Old 23 October 2020, 17:07   #2709
Pyromania

What does everyone else think. Did Trumps lawyer have the hots for Borat’s daughter or was it a legitimate case of old man itchy ball syndrome? Some say this scene from the movie and a few other might cost Trump the election.
Old 23 October 2020, 18:11   #2710
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I don't think it's wise to discuss Trump stuff, it only takes a trigger word to cause people to break the no politics rule.
Old 23 October 2020, 19:15   #2711
Pyromania

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
I don't think it's wise to discuss Trump stuff, it only takes a trigger word to cause people to break the no politics rule.
Damn, you’re going to make me dig up my Laserdisc from the basement now. I really enjoyed it years ago when I finally bought one and played with it. Cool format. I never bought one new during its most popular times but grabbed one used in 2001 since I had always wanted one. I Remember watching the English Patient on it.
Old 23 October 2020, 22:18   #2712
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
I just finished watching Borat 2. While not as funny or shocking as the first film it did have some good moments. Borat dressing up in full Trump costume and storming a vice president speech look almost too real. Borat did get Trump's lawyer in a questionable position in a hotel room with an actress playing Borat's 15-year-old daughter. He had is hand down his pants at least three times.

[ Show youtube player ]

I don't think he had plans to do anything with her though. He's 76 years old and probably just had itchy ball syndrome. Women have probably never heard of this but men sometimes get an overwhelming desire to scratch their own balls. I bet it gets worse as you age and he is 76 after all. Wrong place and wrong time for him to get IBS when Borat is around and hidden cameras are rolling.

Never underestimate vampires...

I saw preview and other night Sasha was guest at Jimmy Kimmel, where he did some gross and not so much funny stuff, but I was reading this about Rudy and its between gross and 'I can't believe this sh1t'...
Old 24 October 2020, 00:25   #2713
Pyromania

Sasha always said he wanted to release this film right before the US election. He found a kindred spirit in Jeff Bezos, Amazon Studios picked up the movie and released it for free just before the presidential debate yesterday to all 112 million Prime members. Amazon is also promoting the film extensively. Do overseas Prime members get to watch it for free too? Trump loves talking bad about Jeff Bezos and Amazon and does it over and over. I guess this is Jeff’s little revenge. If it helps Trump loose his re-election it would be an interesting form of irony. I guess the lesson would be don’t piss off the richest man in the world.
Old 24 October 2020, 05:41   #2714
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Borat after being showed new 'calculators' searches for spit roast creampie comes to realization...

Borat: It has picture of a women with no cloth?
Sales guy: Most likely...
Borat: Wawaweewa...
Borat: Can I make borrow this, for one moment?
Sales clerk: Sure.
Borat: I need go, uh, toilet.

Old 26 October 2020, 21:26   #2715
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Last night with current season we saw Adams Family (1991).

Not much to say about this movie, kids liked it and I think they got some ideas from the movie...
Old Yesterday, 15:22   #2716
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Last night with current season we saw Adams Family (1991).

Not much to say about this movie, kids liked it and I think they got some ideas from the movie...
I like the sequel a little more since Christina Ricci was a little more grown up and really owns the role at that point, but both are just legendary movies that I can rewatch forever.

Speaking of the Addams Family, apparently Tim Burton is cooking up a new TV show. I'm not too impressed with his work in recent years, but I can still get excited for this idea.

https://deadline.com/2020/10/tim-bur...es-1234601840/