English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 23 June 2003, 15:01   #1
Maverick357

Nippon Safes Inc

Hello Everybody,

I am playing "Nippon Safes Inc" and have a big problem that i unknow the solution because the Amiga crash !

It is a very good adventure game with VERY good draphics and a lot of humour, you can choose your language too

First infos:
This is a cracked version (a supposed good crack ?!) from paradox
Five disks set. I use a standard config with 4 Mb of chip ram, 4 drives and roms 1.3

After a while playing, i am supposed to play the "sucker" strong boxing man in the museum.

I have got the fire extinguish, open the panel, that whas hidden beyond the fire extinguish.
And i have find the correct security electronic lock code that open the door of the "cave ??" (in french the name is caveau, a little room underground where to store bodies or precious antics).
I have looked everywhere to see if there whas nothing other to be done and i go upstair.

When i go through the "cave-door " (i give the order) then the Amiga try to load something but crash !

Any solution ?
I like this game a lot but cannot continue because this crash site.
Old 23 June 2003, 20:18   #2
Maverick357

Additionnal Info:cbhe guru code is: #81000005.00c0b628

Please help me because i don't find a solution
Old 24 June 2003, 10:06   #3
Tim Janssen

Unhappy Not much help...

I recognise your problem. As far as I know the crash also occurs on original Amigas with this Paradox crack. Back in 1993 I copied this game twice on different disks from different crack-suppliers - both versions crashed!
I don't know whether other versions by different cracking-groups exist.

B.T.W. try to run the game-intro to the end. I bet you'll end up with a guru-meditation at the point where the main characters get drawn on a drawing table.
Old 24 June 2003, 10:54   #4
Maverick357

Hello Tim,

Thanks for you reply.

I have look the intro in full at the first time of play without crashing.

The only crash (for now) is there when i try to go through the door.

I have tested many config without better result: 1/4 drives, 1.2 / 2.0 Rom, ECS / AGA, 1/4 Mb ram, ect...
The crash is allways the same.
It is impossible to look if a disk is ok or corrupted because the only recognized format floppy is the No 1, the others are special format.

I have downloaded another set cracked from Paradox and somebody else but get the same result like you said it before.

I will try to play with another hero but it is too bad because 1/3 of the game is unplayable.
Old 24 June 2003, 12:07   #5
kriz

The only good solution to this would be to try the Whdload version, sadly I dont have it .. but surely some whdfreaks ought to have it ?!
Old 24 June 2003, 15:04   #6
Maverick357

It seem to have others bugs too, the bowl is nowhere and later in the game, i am unable to put mosterd on the hod-dog.

Maybee not anymore fun to play because these bugs.

i do no have the hd version of this games or the patch for it.
Old 24 June 2003, 17:27   #7
Dizzy
Pirate

They might not be bugs, but badly cracked version.
Some games had late copy-protection reaction, so if the password were wrong, you would first notice it late in the game. Then you would have to go out and buy it to finish it...
Old 24 June 2003, 20:07   #8
Maverick357

Hello Dizzy,

This kind of protection is vicious you can search Days for a puzzle that is no possibility to solve

I have solved for myself the begining of the game, after hours of searching, i have read the LSD docDisk solution and there whas no bowl, no saw and unable to put mosterd on hot-dog

Protectection or bugs, the game is unplayable, too bad because they have very good graphics and some nice sounds

The game is not very long anyway, because when i whas at the "hot sushi bar", i had already done 11% of the game, and after buying the hot-dog maybee 25%.

Seem that there is only 50 action per story to be done... Not very long game and don't forget that 1/3 of the game is unplayable because the crash.

Every Lucas Art games is longer and more fun (Just think about monkey's island or indiana jones adventures)

Too bad
Old 24 June 2003, 20:38   #9
Dizzy
Pirate

Quote:
Originally posted by Maverick357
Every Lucas Art games is longer and more fun (Just think about monkey's island or indiana jones adventures)

Too bad
Not all Lucas, Full Throttle wasn't longer, more fun but all to short (Now they finally make a sequel )
Old 24 June 2003, 21:21   #10
Dizzy
Pirate

If you would play it you could try the pc version http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=768

the WHDLoad info http://www.whdload.de/games/NipponSafesInc.html

I found a site in australia who sell it
http://www.valhallagames.com.au/v120.html

or an english
http://www.amigadeals.fsnet.co.uk/adgamesm-s.htm

at last the manual http://files.the-underdogs.org//game...les/nippon.txt
Old 25 June 2003, 10:14   #11
Maverick357

Thanks Dizzy for your help

But too bad ... i can't play the pc because memory problem !!! Allways this old stupid system pc memory on today computer It is madness !!!

I must have 590 K free of memory (i have 256 Mb installed) and with an already maximum optimized memory, it stay below 550 Ko free.
This is a principal cause that i don't play anymore with pc games, i have a lot cd-roms of abandonware (from underdogs & others) that are superbe and very fun to play, but cannot run because of this memory problem (or speed very very too fast like wings commander)

I had many years before a lot of very good Dos games (Originals in the box with manuals) that i have put in the trashcan because unplayability of the pc
Old 25 June 2003, 16:28   #12
mr_0rga5m
Tik Gora :D

Thrown in the bin ?! .. sheesh .. to get more conv. mem than 550k you need to clean up your autoexec.bat and config.sys.

I remember back in the day on win95/98 that most the crap in those isnt needed for dos .. you can make it so if going into dos then dont bother loading shit devices etc.. or if so prepend em with LH to load em high etc..

Look on those abandonware sites for details of reclaiming memory .. Surely they have tut'es on that.
Old 25 June 2003, 16:35   #13
Dizzy
Pirate

I made a dosdisc, wich could do the trick, so it's posible to play old dos game. I could send you the configuration if you like.
I know it only works with win 95-me :-)

never throw away old games :eek , I collect old games.
Old 25 June 2003, 19:02   #14
Maverick357

Thanks Dizzy for your proposal but it is useless
I have Win98 second Edition and i have already a boot disk with only the essential driver for my pc (sound/graphics, ect...) and cannot go gain more than 550 Ko of low ram.

I keep too some original old Dos games, but it is useless to keep games that will never run again on super-High-speed with Lot-Of-Mb-Of-Ram that are unable to run old dos program.:eek
Old 25 June 2003, 20:16   #15
Dizzy
Pirate

try this site http://basti007.free.fr/bootdisc/
Old 26 June 2003, 10:06   #16
Maverick357

Thanks Dizzy for the link
But the problem of memory will stay because the need of drivers !

Making the boot with a tool or by hand, the better will stay the method by hand because you optimise the loading in upper memory for somes programs/drivers.

Changing the dos version is useless too because i have try with my old MS-Dos 5.0 (the last pur Dos before Win95 & Dos 7.0), what i gain in memory free is not enough.

Now i have seen (followed your links) that is now Dr-Dos 7.03 but the siteweb seem to be dead because you cannot dowload the disks image today (white IE error page with link not found).

Now, i don't need dos anyway because i play with windows games or with WinUAE for old games
Old 26 June 2003, 10:14   #17
Dizzy
Pirate

windows game..... they okey.

I now it's posible to play old dos game, I have don alot of that. at the moment i don't play much game. But I actual bought a bunch of old Dos game. (Saved from the bin ).
I think I'll have to dig out my old dosboot disc, and try if I still can play old dos.....

Okey I shouldn't totur you more. But I try if I can play the nippon game myself. Always thought it look nice..

At the moment I play mostly on my real amiga...