English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 03 September 2010, 10:11   #1
solflowr

Emerald Mine Level 7

Hi, I am stuck on Level 7 of Emerald Mine for the Amiga. Can anyone please help me? Thank you.

Old 03 September 2010, 18:53   #2
clenched

Tunnel out the path in the picture and return just before the white X. Tap the stick and fire in that direction to release the flyer. Quickly change direction, go to spot 1 and wait. The flyer goes by the green block and detonates. Now go to the exposed green gem and grab it the same way except retreat to spot 2 for the remainder of the gems. The flyers follow the walls and won't bother you here. As soon as the flyer clears the door, go back to the next one and so on. Don't bother following the flyers because you're not going anywhere until all the walls are blown and you'll burn up clock time getting back.
Speaking of clock, try not to tunnel any more than absolutely necessary because the flyers will use up time following the new path created. when you reach the top, tunnel horizontally under the gem but don't grab it. Just let it fall while you return to spot 2. you'll pick it up on the return trip. After you get the last gem, high tail it through the blown walls. You'll probably overtake the last flyer so don't get careless now! Wait for it to blow the last wall then run for the funnel and tunnel through both sections in one running go. Stand clear until all the rocks and gems stop falling then start plucking them off top to bottom. The bottom row will have a long row of gems. Scoop these up in one pass. My worst time, I finished with 19 seconds to spare.

EDIT: After a re-read of the LSD docs, I'm adjusting the strategy slightly because the flyers always turn left when given a choice. Dig the same path only up to the green block. After digging out the X, retreat just right of the inverted L. When flyer enters inverted L, run left to the gem and wait for flyer to leave. When flyer is at a safe distance, grab gem and repeat process. Should finish with 128 seconds left give or take.
*For this posting, no distinction between emeralds and gems is made.

Leffmann - I couldn't resist a peek at your level 72. It took a wicked mind to put that dirt next to the blue door. I wouldn't have made the exit anyway but making the blue door would have been a moral victory.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EmeraldMine.PNG
Views:	759
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	26349  

Last edited by clenched; 05 September 2010 at 00:11. Reason: spelling ;more info
Old 03 September 2010, 22:26   #3
Leffmann

Great game

It took me many tries to complete this level too. Stuck on level 72 at the moment, in the room with the angled walls and beetles.
Old 04 September 2010, 23:37   #4
solflowr

I had forgotten he can shoot...(haven't played for about 20 years). Thank you so much!!