English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.GameBase Amiga

Old 24 September 2018, 12:30   #1201
DamienD
Banned

Where to begin...
  • Arcadia - all these games use ROMs so there will be no .ADFs / .IPFs / .HDFs in the <gamedirs>; the <gamedirs> were needed though so that I could add title / screenshots. The ROMs are actually located in the \WinUAE\ROMs directory. Obviously no need for Disk swapper as it's irrelevant.
  • ABC Monday Night Football v1.1 - supports 3 drives and all disks are inserted, so you don't really need to use Disk swapper as you'll never need to change disks.
  • Abracadabra - only supports 1 drive, so candidate for utilising Disk swapper.
  • After Burner (Activision) - only supports 1 drive, so candidate for utilising Disk swapper.
  • Aladdin [AGA] - not sure if this game supports 3 drives so only DF0: and DF1: used, most efficient disk set inserted but candidate for utilising Disk swapper.
  • Alcatraz - only supports 1 drive, so candidate for utilising Disk swapper.
  • Alien Breed - only supports 1 drive, so candidate for utilising Disk swapper.
  • Alien Breed - Tower Assault - only supports 1 drive, so candidate for utilising Disk swapper.
  • Alien Breed - Tower Assault [AGA] - only supports 1 drive, so candidate for utilising Disk swapper.
  • Alien Breed 3D II - The Killing Grounds [AGA] [2MB] - supports 4 drives, all required disks are inserted so you would never need to change disks.
  • Alien Breed 3D II - The Killing Grounds [AGA] [4MB] - supports 4 drives, all required disks are inserted so you would never need to change disks.
  • 'Allo 'Allo! Cartoon Fun! - only supports 1 drive, so candidate for utilising Disk swapper.
  • American Gladiators - only supports 1 drive, so candidate for utilising Disk swapper.
  • Amnios - only supports 1 drive, so candidate for utilising Disk swapper.
  • Another World - only supports 1 drive, so candidate for utilising Disk swapper.
  • Apocalypse - only supports 1 drive, so candidate for utilising Disk swapper.
  • AppleJack [AGA] - only supports 1 drive, so candidate for utilising Disk swapper.
  • Aquaventura - only supports 1 drive, so candidate for utilising Disk swapper.
  • Armour-Geddon - only supports 1 drive, so candidate for utilising Disk swapper.
  • ATR - All Terrain Racing [AGA] - only supports 1 drive, so candidate for utilising Disk swapper.
  • Awesome - not sure if this game supports 3 drives so only DF0: and DF1: used, most efficient disk set inserted but candidate for utilising Disk swapper.
To be honest guys, I'm just not sure if it's worth populating Disk swapper slots for games that are only support 1 drive and have 2 disks... it's one disk swap and very easily done via [End] + [F1] then select disk.

Also, not everyone knows how to use / the shortcut keys for Disk swapper by memory.

Last edited by DamienD; 24 September 2018 at 12:40.
Old 24 September 2018, 12:44   #1202
DH
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
To be honest guys, I'm just not sure if it's worth populating Disk swapper slots for games that are only support 1 drive and have 2 disks... it's one disk swap and very easily done via [End] + [F1] then select disk.
Hmm, I think I overloaded my laptop while rendering something cos those Alien Breed 3D games defo only had a single disk inserted when I first checked, but now I've checked again they're populated I thought WinUAE was running a bit weird and slow.

Anyway, I guess you're right DamienD

Quote:
Also, not everyone knows how to use / the shortcut keys for Disk swapper by memory.
or the [End] + [F1] to select a disk either
Old 24 September 2018, 15:05   #1203
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
  • Aladdin [AGA] - not sure if this game supports 3 drives so only DF0: and DF1: used, most efficient disk set inserted but candidate for utilising Disk swapper.
Have now tested this using cheats to skip levels and the game does actually support 3 disk drives...

Also, fixed an small wording issue in the "Aladdin_Cheats.txt" file.

So, please do the following:
  • Delete the directory "C:\WinUAE\Games\Aladdin AGA".
  • Download / extract the attached into "C:\WinUAE".

Last edited by DamienD; 24 September 2018 at 16:00.
Old 24 September 2018, 15:15   #1204
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DH View Post
I have checked through # & A of DamienD's collection and have found the following :-

Code:
Awesome                    Disk 1 & 3 in Drives Disk 2 not inserted
Quote:
  • Awesome - not sure if this game supports 3 drives so only DF0: and DF1: used, most efficient disk set inserted but candidate for utilising Disk swapper.
Regarding Awesome, it's as I expected i.e. only supports 2 drives... after loading the intro on Disk 1 you are presented with the following screen:

You then just put Disk 2 into DF0: as Disk 3 is already in DF1:

Last edited by DamienD; 23 November 2018 at 11:45.
Old 24 September 2018, 16:00   #1205
DamienD
Banned

Grrrrr, I am a muppet

Noticed another small wording issue in the "Aladdin_Cheats.txt" file. Fixed now, sorry...

Please do the following again:
  • Delete the directory "C:\WinUAE\Games\Aladdin AGA".

Last edited by DamienD; 26 September 2018 at 23:05.
Old 25 September 2018, 13:55   #1206
DamienD
Banned

While messing about today; noticed a problem with the disks and configuration for Apidya

This has now been corrected so please do the following:
  • Delete the directory "C:\WinUAE\Games\Apidya".

Old 25 September 2018, 16:20   #1207
DamienD
Banned

Another one; Conquests of Camelot - The Search for the Grail

...somehow I forgot to add the "Save Disks" in

• Delete the directory "C:\WinUAE\Games\Conquests of Camelot - The Search for the Grail".

Old 26 September 2018, 11:45   #1208
DamienD
Banned

Another one; Obitus

...somehow again I forgot to add the "Save Disks" in

• Delete the directory "C:\WinUAE\Games\Obitus".

Old 26 September 2018, 20:00   #1209
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by malko View Post
When trying Shadow of the Beast (2 disks game), I noticed that even if the game is loading, there is no disk present in the "Disk swapper".
Could someone confirm ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DH View Post
Disk 1 is present in DF0: but nothing in DF1: and as you mentioned nothing is present in disk swapper at all, So I confirm your findings.

Edit: You could just add the two disks (disk 1 in position 1 and disk 2 in position 2) in Disk Swapper and re-save the configuration file for Shadow of the Beast, or just wait until DamienD gives you /us the fix
Quote:
Thanks for confirming.
I am sure this will be "fixed" by DamienD within an upcoming update
Phew, that was a mission!!!

Well, not as much as having to take title / screenshots for every game in my collection (which took roughly 2 months of solid work) but still...

I've just spent roughly 20 hours doing the following:
  • Going through all 2502 configuration files.
  • For any games that have more that one disk; irrespective of the number of supported drives; added in all disks to the "Disk swapper".
743 configuration files have now been adjusted accordingly

...so, considering this is a big change, I'll be releasing Update Pack #9 shortly; even though only a few new / changes to games have occurred.

Stay tuned
Old 26 September 2018, 20:04   #1210
MageMaster

Sounds Awesome!
Old 26 September 2018, 20:15   #1211
DamienD
Banned

This update is really about adding extra functionality for all those WinUAE people that know their shortcuts i.e: Important Keys

...instead of having to either enter the GUI or use a certain key combination to bring up the disk selection box; you can now just use the appropriate keys
Old 26 September 2018, 20:35   #1212
liveevil
Custom User Title

Looking forward to the useability update ! I have a couple of quick questions for you.

Is there a reason why you included the French version of 'Bobo' instead of the English 'Stir Crazy Featuring Bobo' ?

Does 'Wet - The Sexy Empire' and the other one, include an English language option that i'm missing ? No idea what it's saying, I take it you can speak German ?

'Gloom (1995)(Guildhall)(AGA)(Disk 2 of 2)' is also in the other Gloom games, I haven't actually tried them yet but I assume this is intentional ?

Does 'Skate Tribe' have two versions or did I mess something up ?

Thanks for the continued updates !

Last edited by liveevil; 26 September 2018 at 20:47.
Old 26 September 2018, 21:25   #1213
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveevil View Post
Looking forward to the useability update ! I have a couple of quick questions for you.
Is there a reason why you included the French version of 'Bobo' instead of the English 'Stir Crazy Featuring Bobo' ?
...I wasn't aware that there was an English version; thanks and I will look into this
Quote:
Does 'Wet - The Sexy Empire' and the other one, include an English language option that i'm missing ? No idea what it's saying, I take it you can speak German ?
Nope, don't speak any other languages besides English.

...the update to "Wet - The Sexy Empire" was to do with enabling "Remove interlace artifacts" so that when you move the mouse cursor it's not blurred, so to speak.

I wanted to do the same with "Biing! - Sex, Intrigen und Skalpelle [AGA]" but this has a few negative side effects; in the intro and also on the title screen.

Unfortunately with both games, these are German only with no English translations available... I added them anyway as they show cool intros / graphics / speech etc. but are totally unplayable unless you know German

Quote:
'Gloom (1995)(Guildhall)(AGA)(Disk 2 of 2)' is also in the other Gloom games, I haven't actually tried them yet but I assume this is intentional ?
Yes it is intentional. Quite a few games in the series need this / other disks

...try out each game and all options to see what I mean.

Quote:
Does 'Skate Tribe' have two versions or did I mess something up ?
In my collection there is only one directory / configuration for "Skate Tribe".

Quote:
Thanks for the continued updates !
No problem, you know me, always improving things
Old 26 September 2018, 22:23   #1214
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Phew, that was a mission!!!
[...]
  • Going through all 2502 configuration files.
  • For any games that have more that one disk; irrespective of the number of supported drives; added in all disks to the "Disk swapper".
743 configuration files have now been adjusted accordingly
Whaou ! I was planning to help you sorting out this with a small script... but again you were faster than Lucky Luke

Quote:
...so, considering this is a big change, I'll be releasing Update Pack #9 shortly; even though only a few new / changes to games have occurred.

Stay tuned
We stay tuned for sure
Old 26 September 2018, 22:41   #1215
liveevil
Custom User Title

Quote:
In my collection there is only one directory / configuration for "Skate Tribe".
Thanks for answering my questions. I thought I saw 2 ADF versions in the Skate Tribe directory ? I'm not sure if I added it by mistake but I deleted it anyway so I can't really be sure if it even happened ?!
Old 26 September 2018, 22:55   #1216
DamienD
Banned

So, Update Pack #9 is now ready, which contains the following:

743 configuration updates (see post #1208).

12 game updates:
... Aladdin [AGA]
... Apidya
... Conquests of Camelot - The Search for the Grail
... Deep Core
... Elf (MicroValue)
... Helicopter Mission
... Indy Heat
... Obitus
... Shadow of the Beast
... Wonder Dog SE
... Wonderboy in Monsterland SE
... Worms

2 new game additions:

Code:
Super Pumpkin Bros [AGA]
Trap Runner
Anyway, it's uploading as I type this and PMs will be sent out afterwards

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Note: you will need to make the following changes after applying the above pack...

Delete these configuration files:

a) Elite Advanced.uae
b) Gunbee F-99 - The Kidnapping of Lady Akiko [AGA].uae
c) Phoenix Fighters.uae

Rename this directory from "C:\WinUAE\Games\Phoenix Fighters" --> "C:\WinUAE\Games\Phoenix Fighters AmigaCD".

Delete the file "Skate Tribe (1991)(Wood, J. - Symons, G.)[cr Slipstream][AMOS].adf" from the "C:\WinUAE\Games\Skate Tribe" directory.

Sorry about this, were mistakes on my part

Last edited by DamienD; 27 September 2018 at 19:30.
Old 26 September 2018, 23:08   #1217
wiz12

Nice work as always Damien.
Old 27 September 2018, 00:46   #1218
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Whaou ! I was planning to help you sorting out this with a small script... but again you were faster than Lucky Luke
Yeah, one thing you may have noticed about me...

I don't mess around, if issues / improvements to my collection are found / suggested, then I address them as quickly as possible... no matter how many hours straight it means that I need to work

...even if the effort involved is totally manual.
Old 27 September 2018, 01:12   #1219
Leandro Jardim

Thanks DamienD to continue keeping your game pack. I love it much more than AF or GameBase. Now WinUAE can even separate the configurations in logical folders like AF! W-O-W...
Old 27 September 2018, 01:58   #1220
haps
Rumpig

Once again DoubleD delivers.