English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

View Poll Results: What would you like to see in next version?
New levels 3 50.00%
New graphics 3 50.00%
New game elements (bats, lasers, teleports etc.) 4 66.67%
Music 4 66.67%
Bigger maps (hi-res) 2 33.33%
Keyboard control 2 33.33%
I'm satisfied with current version 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16 January 2009, 21:54   #1
hextreme

New game for Amiga: Robbo clone

Here you will find archive with new game for Amiga - Robbo clone with nice graphics and sound effects. Enjoy. It requires Amiga with OS3.x and AGA chipset. This version is in low-res 320x240, but there will be a version in hi-res 640x480!

Keys in used in game:
  • R - restarts current level if got stuck
  • Q - quits from game
  • N - jumps to next level
Use joystick to control robot.

Old 16 January 2009, 22:03   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Hi hextreme and welcome to EAB
Sounds interesting I will have a look tomorrow and vote for which options should be added (if any )
Could you tell us what the game is about and maybe even post a screenshot or two?
Old 16 January 2009, 22:22   #3
hextreme

It is remake of classic Robbo game from Atari. It is similiar to Boulder Dash but with different elements. The goal is to collect all screws at map and evacuate through capsule. You have to solve puzzles like moving boxes around, destroying debris, detonating bombs, collecting keys, avoiding cannons etc.

Old 17 January 2009, 00:02   #4
s2325
Zone Friend

http://uk.youtube.com/results?search_query=robbo+atari
Old 17 January 2009, 03:47   #5
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Gave it a try (the 5 fun and the 5 tricky levels), it's quite entertaining. I didn't know the classic game.
It adds some Sokoban/Bombsweeper aspects to the Boulder Dash formula + a few other things, which makes it quite interesting.

Here are a few things that could be improved, in my opinion:

- Although you posted them here, the key commands should be included in some documentation or at the title screen.

- You should make it so that when you can fire multiple times in a row when holding the fire button. Right now, when you fire once, you have to release the fire button, press it again and press a direction to fire again. Not very convenient.

- A visual cue once you have collected all the screws would be nice. There is a sound, but something like having the exit (a flying saucer I think?) blinking (as in Boulder Dash) or rather changing colour (blinking can be annoying) would be nice.

- Even though there is the N key, it would be nice to have a list of levels and ideally have the levels unlock once they have been cleared, so that one can restart where he left or replay the level one wants.

- Tricky 4 : unless it is voluntary, I think it should be spelt labyrinth

- I didn't take a lot of time to check, but I have the impression the green laser turrets (as can be seen in Tricky 2) shoot at random. Am I mistaken? If they do shoot at random, you should modify it because it can be a problem since their shots are involved in the solving of the levels.

Any plans to make a level editor, once you have settled the major gameplay elements and the maximum level size?
Offering the ability to create/exchange custom levels would probably increase the durability of the game.
Old 17 January 2009, 08:47   #6
s2325
Zone Friend

Game is also available for PC (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pFZL2r6pHJM), C64 (planetemu.net) and mobile phones.