English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL suggestions and feedback

Old 17 January 2010, 22:07   #1
Escordian

System Requirements

I must say that I really love HOL, I installed the toolbar for firefox and directly as I see someone mentioning a game I'd like to know more about I just search for it, quickly and easily.

I was just thinking if there's a way of adding a feature called System Requirements, I got to thinking about this when looking at the Doom release for amiga on HOL, some games will run on any amiga but Games like this might need a little extra.

So how about it?
Under this tab it should have minimum and recommended requirements listed.

I don't know, it might be hard to know on some releases but if it's easily implemented then why not?

Feel free to tell me why this is a stupid idea if it is or if it couldn't be implemented because of some other reasons.

Thanks

/Daniel
Old 17 January 2010, 22:12   #2
mailman
Zone Friend

In case of some games requirements are given in the Notes section. I think that this place suits best and there is no need to have additional tab only for this information.
Old 17 January 2010, 23:01   #3
Escordian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
In case of some games requirements are given in the Notes section. I think that this place suits best and there is no need to have additional tab only for this information.

Oh, forgot about the notes. I don't look at them much and for the doom release there's no notes so I guess I should have looked on other games before posting.

Guess my post was stupid then.

Thanks and I apologize for making an useless thread.
Old 17 January 2010, 23:21   #4
seuden
uber cool demi god

I don't think it's a stupid thread, in fact I think it's a good idea to have a config tab. I'm pretty sure it would be easy to do and I know the users here would sure chip in to help.
Old 17 January 2010, 23:27   #5
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Off-topic, but speaking of Doom (and Doom II), I think we can safely assume that "Amiga original game" should be set to No rather than to unknown .

Unless this is a convention for Open Source Conversion to set them to unknown, referring to the converted engine rather than the game?
Old 18 January 2010, 10:11   #6
Retro1234
Phone Homer

I think there might be a version of Doom that takes advantage of the CD32 Akiko chip