English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 16 December 2014, 19:34   #101
daxb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
And what happens when aminet.net goes defunct for whatever reasons?
You meant the complet internet fails. Not really. Aminet has many backup server and there were some other sites that had PPaint7 online but that is not the question. Please try to be professional if you are one.
Old 16 December 2014, 21:28   #102
ascp
Pastafarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxb View Post
You meant the complet internet fails. Not really. Aminet has many backup server and there were some other sites that had PPaint7 online but that is not the question. Please try to be professional if you are one.
Then i'll send you a copy of it

FOL et al: Are there already plans for 7.4 or some kind of "to-do". Would be interesting to hear some plans.
Old 16 December 2014, 23:45   #103
amigakit.com

Definately plans for a lot more versions.

We are working on 7.3a right now and moving to 7.4 then 7.5 in new year.

Then onwards to version 8.
Old 18 December 2014, 07:11   #104
bubbob42

Great, but what about Workbench integration? I did buy 7.3, but cannot open PPaint on the WBscreen. Or what is that feature supposed to achieve? Documetation is...unclear
Old 18 December 2014, 10:36   #105
Michael
A1260T/PPC/BV/SCSI/NET

Probably 24bit clipboard support and screen grabbing.
Running this kind of program on WB screen is complicated and would require redesign and will slow it down.
Old 22 December 2014, 00:56   #106
tin

Quote:
Its still available free, http://www.ppaint.com/.

I really don't understand all this fuss over it being removed from aminet.
Its like saying a music artist cant ask for their music to be removed from youtube after they allow it for years. Its up to them.
FOL: don't quote my post then in a reponse telling all you don't understand, because it indicates loud and clear you have not read my post.

I think I was clear: I find it odd, and it makes me uneasy about the motive - considering specifically that the free version has been removed to permit the free version to be made available elsewhere. Odd. Personal opinion nothing more. Your repeated argument is fine: If it's yours remove it if you want, completely entitled to, it just looks damn odd. Piece of cake for even the simplest of simpletons to comprehend.

Quote someone else's post if you want to claim certain of us are making no sense.
Old 22 December 2014, 04:29   #107
Samurai_Crow
Total Chaos forever!

The only reason I can fathom for having PPaint on private hosting is so they can monitor the hit counts of file downloads vs. page views vs. paying customers.

Since I'm not an artist, I'll pretty much leave it at that. I never figured out how to make good anims and anim-brushes with it so that leaves me flat.
Old 22 December 2014, 10:41   #108
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin View Post
FOL: don't quote my post then in a reponse telling all you don't understand, because it indicates loud and clear you have not read my post.

I think I was clear: I find it odd, and it makes me uneasy about the motive - considering specifically that the free version has been removed to permit the free version to be made available elsewhere. Odd. Personal opinion nothing more. Your repeated argument is fine: If it's yours remove it if you want, completely entitled to, it just looks damn odd. Piece of cake for even the simplest of simpletons to comprehend.

Quote someone else's post if you want to claim certain of us are making no sense.

Thanks for the insult, I did read your post, just like everyone elses.
I cant have my own opinion it seems. I don't find it odd at all.
It also seems, saying I dont see what all the fuss is about, now means Im a simpleton according to you.

Last edited by FOL; 22 December 2014 at 11:23.
Old 22 December 2014, 11:48   #109
Paul_s

I can understand people's complaints about the confusion around who asked for PPaint to be taken off Aminet (which has now been cleared up) but seriously guys, it's a piece of software over 20 years old which very few of us will actually use day to day.

In the big scheme of things it should be the least of people's worries! (apart from the release of Putty Squad )
Old 22 December 2014, 21:14   #110
tin

Quote:
Thanks for the insult, I did read your post, just like everyone elses.
I cant have my own opinion it seems. I don't find it odd at all.
It also seems, saying I dont see what all the fuss is about, now means Im a simpleton according to you.
FOL, you REALLY need to read posts before firing off a reposte.

I didn't insult you, I made the direct opposite assumption that you must not have read the piece *because* it is simple to understand.

And *you* were responding saying that my opinion is invalid, not the other way around. You (and Amigakit et al) are completely entitled to your opion. You can find it as un-odd as you please. I was just venturing mine.

Again. Read please. You are responding to stuff that has not even been said.
Old 24 December 2014, 19:15   #111
Lonewolf10
AMOS Extensions Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai_Crow View Post
Since I'm not an artist, I'll pretty much leave it at that. I never figured out how to make good anims and anim-brushes with it so that leaves me flat.
I use MS Paint most of the time, but Personal Paint 6.6 comes into its own for reducing colours in images (something it can do in around 30 seconds or less, compared to an hour or more of manual work).
I might use a newer version of Personal Paint if it has some features that I like - at this point in time I haven't thoroughly looked over the latest version (I might get time to do that over the next few days).