English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 14 March 2011, 15:13   #1
Vollldo

Amigakit.com EasyADF PCMCIA Compact Flash Transfer Kit

Hi, i just read the informations about the product "EasyADF PCMCIA Compact Flash Transfer Kit" on www.amigakit.com named.

I would want to order it but before i have several questions :

1) I have a basic A1200, can i order it with a 4 Gb CF or is a specific minimum configuration required (hardware or/and software) ?

2) I need also a CF reader on my PC to put some ADFs on the CF. I don't know anything about this so where can i find a fully compatible CF reader with the card sold on amigakit ?

Thanks for your help, i am waiting your lights before ordering .

Old 14 March 2011, 15:36   #2
Kitty

why dont you post these questions on amigakit help section? they have very good customer service
Old 14 March 2011, 15:46   #3
Mick

1> As long as your Amiga has a PCMCIA port which your A1200 obviously has you just need that kit (CF adapter/CF card & EasyADF disk) and also a Workbench disk for the libraries, I don't think you need any memory expansions or anything not on a 1200 anyway.

2> Something like this will do, I just use the port built in to my laptop it's nothing special really.
Old 14 March 2011, 16:59   #4
Vollldo

Kitty i already posted a massage on amigakit... without answer unfortunatly...

Thanks a lot for your help guys, i am going to look at your link Mick

Old 14 March 2011, 18:38   #5
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vollldo View Post
Kitty i already posted a massage on amigakit... without answer unfortunatly...

Thanks a lot for your help guys, i am going to look at your link Mick
Where did you post a message, I havent seen one yet?
Old 14 March 2011, 22:17   #6
Vollldo

Oh thank u FOL for your answer . I sent an email via the web site but i didn't have an answer. My message must have been lost maybe i don't know. But it is not important^^, it is nice to talk to you here.

So i just browsed the site and have three questions :

1) Is the product "External 6-in-1 USB Card Reader + EasyADF" can be used as a CF reader on my PC laptop for the CF used in the product "EasyADF PCMCIA Compact Flash Transfer Kit" ?

2) My both A500 and A1200 are connected to TVs. I would like to add nice speakers to improve the sound experience. Months ago, i saw that u had speakers in the "audio / sound" category but not now. But I found the product "Dual Phono To Stereo 3.5mm Socket Audio Cable". Is it done to directly plug PC speakers and enjoy ? I mean nothing to do more, u plug and it's done.

3) I would like to link my A500 and A1200 too, for example to play "Populous II" in two player versus mode. Do u have the required cable in stock ? If not, where can i buy one ?

thanks a lot for your help !

Last edited by Vollldo; 14 March 2011 at 22:28.

Old 14 March 2011, 22:56   #7
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Oh thank u FOL for your answer . I sent an email via the web site but i didn't have an answer. My message must have been lost maybe i don't know. But it is not important^^, it is nice to talk to you here.

So i just browsed the site and have three questions :

1) Is the product "External 6-in-1 USB Card Reader + EasyADF" can be used as a CF reader on my PC laptop for the CF used in the product "EasyADF PCMCIA Compact Flash Transfer Kit" ?

2) My both A500 and A1200 are connected to TVs. I would like to add nice speakers to improve the sound experience. Months ago, i saw that u had speakers in the "audio / sound" category but not now. But I found the product "Dual Phono To Stereo 3.5mm Socket Audio Cable". Is it done to directly plug PC speakers and enjoy ? I mean nothing to do more, u plug and it's done.

3) I would like to link my A500 and A1200 too, for example to play "Populous II" in two player versus mode. Do u have the required cable in stock ? If not, where can i buy one ?

thanks a lot for your help !
1) Yes.

2) Yes, Dual Phono to Stereo will allow you to use PC speakers.

3) Parnet Cable.
Old 15 March 2011, 12:25   #8
Vollldo

Thanks for your answer FOL .

The "Parnet cable" is a parallel one. Is it better to play games than a serial cable ?

Oh by the way i forgot one question :

4) I don't see external disk drive for A500 and A1200 (the basic one) in the store. Do u have in stock ?

Old 15 March 2011, 14:16   #9
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Thanks for your answer FOL .

The "Parnet cable" is a parallel one. Is it better to play games than a serial cable ?

Oh by the way i forgot one question :

4) I don't see external disk drive for A500 and A1200 (the basic one) in the store. Do u have in stock ?

Yes, sorry. Parnet for general connection between amiga's.
For gaming, you need a null modem cable.
We can make one for you.

4) I dont think we have any working ones.
Old 15 March 2011, 14:21   #10
Vollldo

Yes FOL, if you can done one for me i would highly appreciate.

I have the different items that i want to order (the total is about 150 euros i think) so i just wait for some informations concerning the null modem cable : price, the process to order (do i have to call, to write u a message on the site ?).

Old 15 March 2011, 14:24   #11
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Yes FOL, if you can done one for me i would highly appreciate.

I have the different items that i want to order (the total is about 150 euros i think) so i just wait for some informations concerning the null modem cable : price, the process to order (do i have to call, to write u a message on the site ?).
Best to login to amigakit and raise a support ticket.
We can then help you further.
Old 15 March 2011, 15:40   #12
Vollldo

Ok FOL, i already have an account on amigakit, i will first raise a support ticket for the null-modem cable to give u my name and coordinates then order all i want. I will do this tonight after 9pm (french hour). Thanks a lot for your help !

Old 15 March 2011, 20:39   #13
Vollldo

FOL i sent a support ticket on the site ith the subject "[VOLLLDO (EAB forum)] Null-modem serial cable".

Old 15 March 2011, 21:24   #14
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
FOL i sent a support ticket on the site ith the subject "[VOLLLDO (EAB forum)] Null-modem serial cable".
K, thanks.

Will check it out tommorow and let you know.
Old 15 March 2011, 22:42   #15
Vollldo

Perfect .

Old 23 May 2011, 17:57   #16
Vollldo

I experience many problems with the kit...

Gurus when i plug the card, gurus after transfering only a few adfs, impossible to plug it again most of the time after a soft reset, corrupted transfered disks 30% of the time, easyadf takes an infinite time to search for ADF files at startup if u put many on the card.... It mades me crazy because i spend more time yelling than transfering, it is totally unproductive... After a few transfer i ALWAYS have a guru n then it is most of the tie impossible to plug the card again, it crashes at 99%, i have to turn off my amiga (for a not reliable result more over)... I tried with ADFBlitzer and it is the same, guru after a few transfer.

So seriously, is the driver or program is buggy ???

Am i the only one who is experiencing these kind of problems ???

If i cant find a solution with the kit, how can i simply start with the workbench, plug my CF, make it recognized ?? I'd want to copy the files from the CF to my hard drive one time so that it will maybe works better.

Please i need some help become im getting CRAZY, i bought the kit to do quick and massive transferts but it is exactly the contrary that happens...

Old 23 May 2011, 18:44   #17
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
I experience many problems with the kit...

Gurus when i plug the card, gurus after transfering only a few adfs, impossible to plug it again most of the time after a soft reset, corrupted transfered disks 30% of the time, easyadf takes an infinite time to search for ADF files at startup if u put many on the card.... It mades me crazy because i spend more time yelling than transfering, it is totally unproductive... After a few transfer i ALWAYS have a guru n then it is most of the tie impossible to plug the card again, it crashes at 99%, i have to turn off my amiga (for a not reliable result more over)... I tried with ADFBlitzer and it is the same, guru after a few transfer.

So seriously, is the driver or program is buggy ???

Am i the only one who is experiencing these kind of problems ???

If i cant find a solution with the kit, how can i simply start with the workbench, plug my CF, make it recognized ?? I'd want to copy the files from the CF to my hard drive one time so that it will maybe works better.

Please i need some help become im getting CRAZY, i bought the kit to do quick and massive transferts but it is exactly the contrary that happens...
We need more information, to quote Toni Wilen "It does'nt work is not a bug report".

I use EasyADF on my own personal A1200 here at amigakit. I have not experienced any of the problems your experiencing.
I have been using it for 3 years now, without issue (I bought it before I started working for Amigakit).

I would sugguest raising a support ticket stating your current setup and exactly what happens, we should be able to help you better that way.

If ADFBlitzer is doing same thing, then I would'nt have thought it would be EasyADF.
I would think its more Hardware setup related.

You could try following this tutorial (EasyADF Tutorial).
It is important that you do not mix kickstart / workbench versions are this will cause problems.

Last edited by FOL; 23 May 2011 at 18:51.
Old 23 May 2011, 22:41   #18
Vollldo

I read our link :
"Stage 2

By default, the PCMCIA reset bug is patched by the software. To disable this feature, goto the Settings menu and select PCMCIA Patches >> All Patches Off

Click Next >> button to continue."

I didn't notice this, i will try with "All Patches Off" before opening a support ticket. But it will be difficult to know why i have a problem if the version of kickstart and wokbench are ok.

ADFBlitzer never corrupted a "ADF to Floppy" but EasyADF yes. But the problem is with the hardware i think. Even if i disable my hard drive at start up, it doesn't change anything at all. I will note the adress in the guru error message.

Old 23 May 2011, 22:50   #19
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
ADFBlitzer never corrupted a "ADF to Floppy" but EasyADF yes. But the problem is with the hardware i think. Even if i disable my hard drive at start up, it doesn't change anything at all. I will note the adress in the guru error message.
I have had problems with the EasyADF program when trying to write ADFs to floppy when the ADFs are not entirely valid. In such cases, programs like ADFBlitzer complete the transfer properly.

I would recommend that you try EasyADF using a known, valid ADF image (a Workbench disk, for example) before raising a support ticket.

Last edited by prowler; 23 May 2011 at 23:20. Reason: I have the software only; not the full kit.
Old 23 May 2011, 23:40   #20
Vollldo

Oh thanks for ur help prowler . But the ADFs are taken here (i downloaded the complete set) and i try everytime what i transfer, using cheats codes most of the time to see if all the levels are loading, i play a little too... The corrupted ADF are really a detail, EasyADF write them correctly most of the time (ADFBlitzer ALL the time). The problem is the random guru. It prevents me from transfering quickly all i need and... it makes me crazy lol . I still have about 300 floppies to transfer, after this my collection is finished (1200 floppies so), that's why i bought the kit, i mean to finish faster than light and to have a "plug'n play" solution for further modifications. The guru i experiment is the problem, first i will try without patching then post here the result before raising a ticket.

Thanks for ur help !

Last edited by Vollldo; 23 May 2011 at 23:48.