English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 09 December 2008, 11:07   #1
Kola

A3000 UAE install - Well I wish! Anyone please offer any advice or solutions?

Hi,

I am trying hard to emulate an WB 2.0 set up on advice of Cyber Druid in this linked thread here http://eab.abime.netshowthread.php?p=485330#post485330

I am getting the same error each time and its time to ask fro help as if I bang my head on the brick wall once more either the wall will go through or my head will

Ok, I have uninstaled UAE deleted any left over folders and reinstalled UAE to a completely different place on my PC.

I have the latest version of UAE and set it to emulate an A3000 and it auto loads the settings.

After many hours learning how to set up a harddrive for a A1200 emu I have used the same method to try to install the A3000.

I havent got a copy of WB 2.0 but have got 4 diffrent copies of 2.1

SO, I re boot UAE with intall and workbench adf disks already there so when it reboots they are there as icons on my emulated A3000 desktop.

I click install follow the onscreen promts about language and if i want a pro install or and intermediate etc. All good

Then it installs for a few seconds and I get an error message saying

"Volume Install2.1 is Full"

I have worked out it isnt talking about the harddirve here as it isnt called Insatll2.1. The only thing called Install2.1 is the adf disk I am loading from.
So what does it matter if this disk is full or not???

I have tried using 3 different sets of disks marked as 'a' set 'm' set etc but all have the same fault.

Can anyone please please offer me some pointers here as I am ready to give up. I just dont have another 10 hours to try getting this to work just to run one program once.

Any replies below will be answered and greatly appreciated.
Old 09 December 2008, 11:16   #2
Kola

Finally got this working - havent a clue what I done yet but if I ever find out I will update so other newbie peeps will know too
Old 09 December 2008, 20:47   #3
thomas

In the beginning the installer asks whether you are a beginner, an advanced user or an expert. If you choose beginner, it will try a best-guess installation without asking any further questions. This usually means it tries to install onto the Install floppy which will obviously run against the wall. You should choose advanced user or expert, then you are asked where to install to.

BTW, you should always keep all floppy disks write protected !!!!!. Especially original Workbench disks. Trying to install six floppy disks onto one usually leads to that one disk being completely unusable. You are very lucky that you only got a disk full message without any further damage.
Old 09 December 2008, 21:17   #4
Kola

Thanks Thomas. All good to know for the next time I install it.