English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 26 October 2008, 14:24   #41
hrmes

Good work Toni. The freezing in ADoom and P96Speed with 640x480 P96 doesn't occur anymore!
Old 26 October 2008, 15:51   #42
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrmes View Post
Good work Toni. The freezing in ADoom and P96Speed with 640x480 P96 doesn't occur anymore!
Thist must be first time, fix that was suppposed to only fix some not too common problem fixed problems that I thought were completely unrelated

(Any fullscreen resolution that is smaller than previous resolution could have caused the freeze. It is obvious now.)
Old 30 October 2008, 19:06   #43
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
I have one intro here that works more smoothly when Refresh is set to 1/2 instead of default 1/1. (Yes I have to buy a faster pc )

In previous builds, it was definitely possible to change frame skip on the fly, but now the slider is disabled. Bug? Feature?
Old 30 October 2008, 20:39   #44
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas View Post
I have one intro here that works more smoothly when Refresh is set to 1/2 instead of default 1/1. (Yes I have to buy a faster pc )

In previous builds, it was definitely possible to change frame skip on the fly, but now the slider is disabled. Bug? Feature?
And again, really nothing to do with beta. I am getting annoyed. Again.

Anyway, Cycle-exact = no frame skip possible.
Old 30 October 2008, 21:42   #45
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Wink

Thanks ... and my humblest apologies, as this slipped thru my fingers, but I did check lots of combinations and this damn thing didn't move an inch

(BTW you have to admit this is long ago since *I* posted about some non-beta related feature in this section, so I'd just say I too may have one free eh? Think about equal rights will ya )
Old 02 November 2008, 04:06   #46
levartemit186

Save state

If I have overlooked this, my apologies. Toni, is there a way of using a hotkey to save (and load) states? I know you can use 'misc, save/load' etc, just wondering if it can be done with a keypress. BTW great job, have rarely had probs with UAE, but a lot of fun.

Old 02 November 2008, 08:31   #47
lifeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by levartemit186 View Post
If I have overlooked this, my apologies. Toni, is there a way of using a hotkey to save (and load) states? I know you can use 'misc, save/load' etc, just wondering if it can be done with a keypress. BTW great job, have rarely had probs with UAE, but a lot of fun.
In before Toni... End+numpad key and Shift/Ctrl+End+numpad key. Can be found by searching through the changelogs, so yeah, pretty well hidden. But this really is not beta related, shouldn't be discussed here.

Old 02 November 2008, 13:44   #48
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_1530b7.zip

Beta 7: (official release next weekend?)

- fixed D3D scanline missing right edge
- OCS NTSC chipset always used PAL rates
- windowed RTG mode FPS counter shows both RTG and chipset refresh rates "<RTG> [<chipset]"
- CIA TOD didn't stop when genlock mode was enabled without genlock (caused KS to detect wrong timing mode, result was most OS time functions, including CLI wait-command, counted incorrectly if configured chipset refresh rate was different than current refresh rate. Bug since the beginning of time but genlock option made this worse because old "genlock always connected" feature hide this bug.. (CIA-A TOD configured to PS tick didn't have this problem) Thanks Ed Cruse for real NTSC A3000 testing.
- Syncronize clock improved. Automatically enables PS supply tick mode (CIA-A TOD = sysclock only if it uses PS supply tick) and also counts "lost" ticks when emulation is stopped (for example GUI is open) This is still a hack but at least it seems to work now
Old 02 November 2008, 17:33   #49
Thom87
LameUser

some garbage on png icons

Hi Toni,

I found something what can be a picasso96 bug. have a look and estimate if is or not. This screenshots I made on my AF2008 system + PowerIcons extension (with default settings), other icons e.g. NewIcons looks fine and It's only happens when icons are selected and LBM is still pressed. Beta 1 and 4 works fine but starting from beta 5 a bug has occurred and on beta 6 and 7 looks even worst.

Thom

Last edited by Thom87; 09 November 2008 at 11:56.
Old 02 November 2008, 20:44   #50
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom87 View Post
I found something what can be a picasso96 bug. have a look and estimate if is or not. This screenshots I made on my AF2008 system + PowerIcons extension (with default settings), other icons e.g. NewIcons looks fine and It's only happens when icons are selected and LBM is still pressed. Beta 1 and 4 works fine but starting from beta 5 a bug has occurred and on beta 6 and 7 looks even worst.
I'd say this is bug in icons, not in emulation

Does it happen in all color depths? Does the graphics error change if you adjust RTG refresh rate in RAM panel? (try something crazy like 10 or 100)
Old 02 November 2008, 21:48   #51
Marcuz

i have tested this beta earlier today with my regular rtg/native, fullscreen/windowed, workbench/gaming, diverse input routine: it works very fine.
Old 02 November 2008, 22:01   #52
Thom87
LameUser

I don't think that was the icon problem, I checked under running AmiKit and looks fine, but not the same (different settings or software).
Refresh rate not affect (Chipset, Real, 10, 50, 60, 70, 75 and 99 – I can't type in 100), colors yes but not that way, 265 colors just gives white square places instead icons. I check other icons and it's exactly the same effect. All of display buffer types giving all the same.

… Later on....

Ok. I see when this problem occurs. AF2008 has it own config with nearly all I copied checkbox by checkbox and save as new one. So the problem coming when I have selected kickstart from A4000 and chipset settings are set to A1200 (like AF was). Only strange think is why (the hell ) all betas to 4 works fine, and of course all stable 1.5.x. Config and some screenshots attached for some diagnose if You like

Btw, JIT windows back again but this time I saw them flew times after I change something in config and back by restart button and over again (flew times). Most time I try use different hardfiles. Screen shots attached too.

Thanks
Thom

Last edited by Thom87; 09 November 2008 at 11:56.
Old 08 November 2008, 19:13   #53
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Question

For some reason the lastest beta 7 will not run my Workbench installation. The CD drive is accessed while loading which is normal for my setup and the HD indicator flashes but then nothing. My Workbench doesn't load up. I have two different Workbench installations and neither of them boot up. I'll attach the config I am using.
Attached Files
File Type: uae Workbench Test.uae (25.3 KB, 334 views)
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (7.8 KB, 386 views)
File Type: txt winuaelog.txt (9.6 KB, 381 views)
Old 08 November 2008, 19:25   #54
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
For some reason the lastest beta 7
Do you mean b6 works?
Old 08 November 2008, 20:04   #55
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Do you mean b6 works?
Grrrrr. I knew you would ask this! lol.

Ok, I've tested all the beta's. The problem is introduced in beta 6. Maybe something to do with the changes to Picasso96 vblank??
Old 09 November 2008, 10:26   #56
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_1530b8.zip

Beta 8: (this will be the final release later today. maybe)

- delay sync clock enable until 10s from reset (do not confuse KS delay calibration routine)
- real PCMCIA SRAM re-insert detection really really does work now (Thanks to Eclipse for donating PCMCIA SRAM card) Vista note: Vista does not come with generic PCMCIA SRAM drivers anymore but XP built-in drivers do work, only need memcard.sys and memcard.inf from XP install. 32-bit Vista tested only.
- vblank interrupt was not working in RTG vsync mode
- fixed wrong colors after 16-bit fullscreen RTG to 32-bit desktop switch
Old 09 November 2008, 11:01   #57
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Works again! Thanks.
Old 09 November 2008, 11:21   #58
Marcuz

everything is fine, but the filters, which is not beta related and i'll post elsewhere
Old 09 November 2008, 13:46   #59
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Time to close this thread