English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 19 April 2012, 18:41   #1
kwaku85

HDF problem with partitioning

Hello!
Today, I have another problem, this time with partitioning 2GB HDF file in WinUAE 2.40
I'm try to install SFS on my system HD, but can't even partition my HD. I was create 2GB HDF file, but HDtoolBox show only 20MB... Program can't read disk cofiguration also: "Drive does not support the SCSI inquiry command". Can anyone help me?

Last edited by kwaku85; 19 April 2012 at 19:59.
Old 19 April 2012, 20:10   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Really ancient hdtoolbox or RDB mode not enabled?
Old 19 April 2012, 23:22   #3
kwaku85

Could be. Can You tell me is there any good program to partitioning HDD? Any program which support SFS?

And one more. I was try to run WinUAE with my CF card from A1200, but can't boot from this CF. Is it possible to boot from realAmiga partition?

Last edited by prowler; 19 April 2012 at 23:24. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.
Old 20 April 2012, 08:00   #4
thomas

Quote:
Could be. Can You tell me is there any good program to partitioning HDD? Any program which support SFS?

I wonder why people always jump on the unplausible part of an answer and totally ignore the likely part.

Every HDToolbox from WB 2.1 or above ist just fine.

But it won't work with which program whatsoever if you don't enable RDB mode in WinUAE.

Quote:
And one more. I was try to run WinUAE with my CF card from A1200, but can't boot from this CF. Is it possible to boot from realAmiga partition?
WinUAE should happily boot from every medium which looks like a real Amiga harddrive.

Perhaps there is an artifact of a PC MBR on the CF card. We had a thread here where WinUAE started the CF 8 MB behind the real beginning of it because there was an artificial PC partition table on the card. This way WinUAE and the A1200 each had their own Amiga partition table in different locations of the CF card. The solution was to clean the card with DiskPart before creating partitions.
Old 20 April 2012, 12:39   #5
kwaku85

I forgot enable RDB mode, now everything should be fine, I'll check it later. I was try to build SFS partition with wb 3.1, than install WB 3.9 with both BoingBags to can change this all to ClassicWB. On real Amiga- it's horror. SFS- it's done and working fine, than WB3.1- everything fine. But 3.9... there was problems with everything. CDrom drivers (I'm using cacheCDFS with eide.device and CD0 mountlist) and while installig- installer do Amiga reset and then requester with errors about CDrom drivers, and I shoul put CD again to complete instalation etc etc. When i solve CDrom problem- next requester with errors on partitions. Grrrrrrr... I was swich Amiga off, remove CF and put into PC. And strange thing- WinUAE start normaly, but can't load CDrom to complete instalation. Without any errors. When i solve CDrom driver problem again- I decided to install WB3.9 again and system work perfectly. On real Amiga- too. I have no patinet to checking what was wrong with instalation on A1200, with WinUAE everything goes rigt.
I have one problem yet, but this from years. On my blizzard PPC I can't run sysInfo, or guru, or memory requester with suspend and reboot option. I think it's something wrong with 060 libraries in my BPPC. Can I do something with this?
Old 20 April 2012, 13:16   #6
kwaku85

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
I wonder why people always jump on the unplausible part of an answer and totally ignore the likely part.

Every HDToolbox from WB 2.1 or above ist just fine.
Mayby because I have found many post on this forum that HDToolBox is crap partition tool and many people leave it for other solutions. Probably I made mistake with with RDB option, but why should I not ask about alternative for HDTB?
Old 23 April 2012, 00:02   #7
kwaku85

Hello!
I can't solve another problem. I have now installed WB 3.9, but on A1200 system show partition errors, when I put CF card to PC WinUAE everything works fine. Is it possible I have problems with BPPC 060? I haven't installed any 060 libraries.
Old 23 April 2012, 07:59   #8
thomas

060 processor does not work without 060 libraries.
Old 23 April 2012, 12:01   #9
kwaku85

So, libraries from BPPC flash don't work corectly? Or there's not libraries inside?
Old 23 April 2012, 13:05   #10
thomas

I forgot that the Blizzard has libs in flash ROM. What is the error message exactly?
Old 23 April 2012, 18:43   #11
kwaku85

I'll post it later, I'm in job now. But it's just partition problem requester, like validation problem with FFS
I'll erase whole CFcard to be sure it's not old PC partition problem, but WinUAE works perfectly. Almost. I have problem with Boing Bag 2 installation. Installer ask for 3.9 CD and I can't end installation, something is wrong with CD driver. I think I can complete installation on real Amiga, but can't load system now.