English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 18 April 2002, 10:49   #1
kemppe

Send a message via ICQ to kemppe
How do i delete?

After a little of problem with mui i now have liek 10 icons named _æ_ãæ_ that are impossible to delete.

I try to delete them in windows, i get a message that i couldn't be done

I try to delete it from the workbench in winuae, it disepears but comes back when you reboot.

I look it up in Ms-Dos, i can find it but there it has another filname that can't be typed with a keyboard.

The only way i found to delete it is to have it in a folder and delete the whole folder, but i have one on my desktop and since i can't move it in to a folder i don't now what to do.

Anyone who can help me????
Old 18 April 2002, 11:48   #2
mr_0rga5m
Tik Gora :D

Hi

A bit more info is needed.

What version of windows .. win98? ... You say you can get to see the files from msdos (or a command window) .. If this is true you can use the command deltree *.* .. Typing this will prompt you as to which files to delete.

You say filenames which cant be typed .. Anything can be typed .. Strange characters can be entered by holding down the left alt key and typing its character code on the keypad.

<memories flashback> Back in the day i had fun making seemingly impossible to remove folders that pissed off our college admin (newbies) by renaming a folder to 'alt 0254' then a regular name then 'alt 0254' again .. result is _filename_ 'd folder which cant be entered or deleted. (it can be deleted just reverse the procedure to rename it back to a valid filename 1st or deltree it) </memories flashback>