English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene > Member Introductions

Old 03 February 2018, 00:45   #1
paulnography

Amiga lover coming back in to the fray

Hi there.

I grew up back in the 90s with an Amiga A500 after stepping up from the ZX Spectrum. Seeing the incredible intro animation, graphics and gameplay of Dhadow of the Beast 2 got me hooked, and even though I collect for other systems, I’ll always have a massive soft spot for the Amiga.

I heard about EAB after listening to The Retro Hour Podcast and thoughts I’d join up and get involved as the Amiga holds
My fondest memories of video gaming.

I sold the Amiga many years ago so I could afford an upgrade to the CD32 and my brother opted for the SNES. I’m collecting for all 3 again now.

I still need to pick up a new Amiga but am unsure what the best version would be having a big collection of physical games so any help there would be appreciated.

I’ve also got a huge adoration for computer and video game box art and have created WeHeartBoxArt, which is currently limited to social media, but I aim to put together a website celebrating the art of video game box art, as well as the people who created it, and if I’m lucky I might get to do a kickstarter project to bring a book to the scene too!
Old 03 February 2018, 06:29   #2
chip

Hi, welcome to the forum

You will probably discover (as i did) that Amiga world is now better than the past memories

Last edited by chip; 03 February 2018 at 06:37.