English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 03 July 2019, 18:52   #1
Syntrax

Beware of Vesalia

I just want to warn European Amiga users NOT to order at Vesalia Germany.
They send me a package, it never arrived because the postal companies lost it. I asked my money back, they won't respond.

By European law, If a European orders something from a webshop in Europe, the responsibility and risk of getting the package to the customer is at the shop. Shops can not say it's the risk of the customer, because that's against European law.
If the package gets lost, they either have to refund or resend the order.

Vesalia, got two mails from me asking for a refund, they completely ignored them. I am talking about a package that got lost in January. Vesalia asked the Deutsche Post in February to investigate the loss of the package. So they had time.

If Vesalia, decides to refund anyway, I'll let you know.

Old 03 July 2019, 19:39   #2
nogginthenog
Amigan

Did you order using a credit/debit card? Your card provider might be able to do a chargeback.
Old 03 July 2019, 21:21   #3
McTrinsic

In the past I had really no issues whatsoever. I‘m not always the easiest customer .
Old 03 July 2019, 21:49   #4
ptyerman

Purchased items from Vesalia quite a few times over the years and never had any problems. They can be slow sometimes when they are busy, but they're only a small concern so it's to be expected. Overall I've been happy with them and will do business with them again.
You can't blame them for something that's not their fault, you need to be chasing the postal service for compensation!
Old 03 July 2019, 22:12   #5
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptyerman View Post
You can't blame them for something that's not their fault, you need to be chasing the postal service for compensation!
Only the sender can reclaim postal services, not the addressee.
Old 04 July 2019, 09:30   #6
Locutus

Best advice with Vesalia, give him a phone call. Usually things clear up pretty fast then.
Old 04 July 2019, 12:35   #7
Daedalus

Yep, Vesalia are pretty poor at email communication in general, but can be contacted by phone. It is the seller's responsibility to get a sold product to the buyer, however that happens. If something goes missing in transit, it's not the seller's fault, but it's not the buyer's either. The seller is the one who has paid for a service from the shipping company, so it's them that has to sort it out.

Having said that, sellers are all too aware that people will happily declare parcels as lost just to scam some free stuff from them, so it's understandable that they would be wary at the same time. But they do have to sort it.
Old 04 July 2019, 13:20   #8
modrobert
old bearded fool

There is a difference between shipped on time with tracking number but delayed by postal services and not shipped yet, which one is it in this case?
Old 04 July 2019, 13:57   #9
eteP

Vesalia seems to work great until there is a problem. In my experience they do packing and sending of orders very efficiently but I'm not particularly impressed by the way they deal with warranty issues.

I had only good experiences with them until I bought an Indivision flicker fixer from them for my A1200 which was faulty. Contacted them, agreed that I send it back. Didn't hear anything in many moons and got no replies to emails. Then I phoned them and they said that they cannot test the Indivision because they have no working A1200 boards but that they should get the thing sorted in two weeks. I was happily waiting for a few weeks but nothing has happened after that and this was ages ago. I have sent a couple of emails after that but they have all gone unanswered. I'd be delighted to get a working Indivision (or my money) back but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 04 July 2019, 16:06   #10
Syntrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptyerman View Post
Purchased items from Vesalia quite a few times over the years and never had any problems. They can be slow sometimes when they are busy, but they're only a small concern so it's to be expected. Overall I've been happy with them and will do business with them again.
If you read correctly, I do not blame them for loosing the package. I blame them for not refunding as they should.

Chasing after the package, as someone else already pointed out is useless. Of course I already did that, so I know what went wrong, but that doesn't change the fact that I can't ask for a refund from the postal companies because I didn't send it. Only the sender can do that.

Old 04 July 2019, 20:25   #11
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
In this case Syntrax is right.
Old 04 July 2019, 22:34   #12
nogginthenog
Amigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntrax View Post
If you read correctly, I do not blame them for loosing the package. I blame them for not refunding as they should.

Chasing after the package, as someone else already pointed out is useless. Of course I already did that, so I know what went wrong, but that doesn't change the fact that I can't ask for a refund from the postal companies because I didn't send it. Only the sender can do that.
I'm not sure about NL law. If you paid with a credit card let them sort this out. If you paid on a debit card contact your provider. They may be able to help (I think Visa does).
Old 05 July 2019, 11:15   #13
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Had only good experiences with them.
Old 05 July 2019, 11:34   #14
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steril707 View Post
Had only good experiences with them.
You had good experiences with them when they lost one of your packages?
Old 05 July 2019, 11:57   #15
Alpha One

Ordered at Vesalia many many times, all packages received.
Old 08 July 2019, 15:25   #16
A10001986

Vesalia nowadays is a one man show, and this man is getting old. I ordered many times without a problem until this one time, when I had to return a non-working indivision ecs. My story is similar to eteP's: It took months until the issue was solved - and by solved I mean that I still have a defunct indivision, but the point is: It is in my hands again. The guy has no means of testing, but also is a complete mute when it comes to email. Never once did I get any response.

However, over the phone he is quite the talker. Listened to his health problem stories many times.

Cut the guy some slack, we're all getting older.
Old 04 August 2019, 10:28   #17
ModMumpitz

Ordered at Vesalia also many times and all packages received.
But you should contact them via phone and not mail.

Greetz
Old 06 August 2019, 12:53   #18
ronybeck

Quote:
I just want to warn European Amiga users NOT to order at
Dude, that sux. But I think it would be better to have wait until this issue has reached a conclusion before you try and convict Vesalia in public. They have a phone number. Call them. There maybe a reasonable explanation and a satisfactory resolution to all this. If they do not comply with EU law, then use the mechanisms within those laws to resolve the matter. Even though the burden is on Vesalia, they didn't loose the package. Maybe your email was binned as spam. Maybe the guy is simply on holidays and forgot to notify customers. Anyhow.......

Let us know how you get on.
Old 06 August 2019, 19:56   #19
AmigaCD32CD

Quote:
I just want to warn European Amiga users NOT to order at Vesalia Germany.
They send me a package, it never arrived because the postal companies lost it. I asked my money back, they won't respond.

By European law, If a European orders something from a webshop in Europe, the responsibility and risk of getting the package to the customer is at the shop. Shops can not say it's the risk of the customer, because that's against European law.
If the package gets lost, they either have to refund or resend the order.

Vesalia, got two mails from me asking for a refund, they completely ignored them. I am talking about a package that got lost in January. Vesalia asked the Deutsche Post in February to investigate the loss of the package. So they had time.

wow that was a close one! Stopped my sale thanks
Old 06 August 2019, 20:08   #20
Mrz
Banned

I ordered in Vesalia a spectrum keyboard membrane around 2010,
yet I'm waiting for this item, never arrived
I emailed them several times, no response,
of course I can't phone them I do not speak german

the best way to be scammed is purchasing a product in a foreign country