Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.aGTW

Old 30 August 2008, 14:20   #41
cane

It looks awesome
I'd definitely like to play it...
Old 30 August 2008, 14:24   #42
Graham Humphrey

Hello Sydric and welcome to EAB

If you could release the demo that would be fantastic.

Can I ask why you're torn over releasing the full game?
Old 30 August 2008, 14:25   #43
derSammler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydric View Post
I do have the disk images--in fact, I remember not that long ago I definitely created an Amiga of the demo.

You may want to contact the SPS guys to preserve the game before the disks get unreadable. If it isn't too late already.
Old 30 August 2008, 14:36   #44
Ironclaw
Banned

It's would really be sad if such a great game, which is even COMPLETED, wouldn't be released to the public, even after so many years.
Old 30 August 2008, 14:42   #45
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

I agree with Ironclaw. This game could be part of the Amiga history. Is there anything we can do to ease your decision to release the full game?
Old 30 August 2008, 14:47   #46
derSammler

Guys, let him upload the demo before starting to annoy him with requests for releasing the full version. Otherwise, we may not see him here again. If he holds the rights to the game, it is up to him what to do with the full version.
Old 30 August 2008, 15:03   #47
Sydric

No, this is NOT a joke. I own the rights because my company, Legendary Design Technologies, was the publisher. Yes, the game is from Iraq. However, they had no way of publishing and no American publisher would touch them (I'm from Canada). I got an email recently from the lead developer who is now working at Peoplesoft in Vancouver, so he made it out.

I'll see what I can do about posting the demo---it may take me a week or so just so you know but I will do it.

As was mentioned in an earlier post, you can see the Poster art for the box (which no boxes were ever produced) but the artwork was done at the PC Museum website.

Old 30 August 2008, 15:06   #48
Sydric

OK just read page 2 It's NOT too late on the disk images. I run a MUSEUM - we know about preserving disk images and history -- in fact, that's WHY I have not as of yet released the full game--it's a unique thing to find in our museum (not to mention the disk is HEAVILY protected --- so we'll have to see if making an image of that one is easily possible at all anyways).

Play the demo when I post it and give me your feedback and we'll go from there.

Old 30 August 2008, 15:09   #49
derSammler

Quote:
(not to mention the disk is HEAVILY protected --- so we'll have to see if making an image of that one is easily possible at all anyways).
That's why I mentioned SPS. They can cope with almost every protection and create perfect images from the disks.
Old 30 August 2008, 15:10   #50
viddi

Quote:
Play the demo when I post it and give me your feedback and we'll go from there.
Sounds good to me. Thanks for your efforts.
Old 30 August 2008, 15:15   #51
Sydric

Someone asked why I'm "torn" -- I thought I explained myself but there are many reasons. This is a gem I agree--but it's also one I have control over and once I release it, the uniqueness of that goes away. I also feel badly we never did get it released (just was not possible the way the Amiga was) and so Rabah and his team at Mesopotamia never got properly compensated for it. I know you guys are all anxious to play it, you just need to give me time to think about it.

When I created the ADF of the demo a while back I thought about releasing the whole thing, I just wasn't ready.

As for SPS - I'm not really comfortable sending the disk to anyone at this point. I have a Catweasal and we'll see what it does with it.

Old 30 August 2008, 15:20   #52
derSammler

Quote:
As for SPS - I'm not really comfortable sending the disk to anyone at this point. I have a Catweasal and we'll see what it does with it.
You wouldn't send them the disks. They would send you their dumping tool so you can dump the disks yourself. Keep in mind, if the disk is heavy protected and you own the only copy, then SPS is probably the only chance to preserve the game in unaltered form.
Old 30 August 2008, 15:24   #53
Sydric

OK -- I just sent them an email requesting the tool.

Old 30 August 2008, 16:07   #54
Murtadha

one of Babylonian Twins developers

I'd like to introduce myself ... My Nam is Murtadha , I am the guy who did the graphics of ( Babylonian Twins), I am very impressed to see all this interest of the game after all these years , it’s just like bringing back the amazing feeling of the old days of Amiga.

I got an email yesterday from (cody) regarding the game , and I was so surprised to know the there is some people in this world still interested in the amiga games ...I went through the comments of the people here and I’ve noticed that some people have doubts about developing Amiga game in Iraq , I just want to assure you that we developed this game in 1993-1994 in Baghdad and we were preparing to develop another one , and we started already , I did all the graphics of that one , but the programming never finished .
and you know what happened to the Amiga market that time .

And yes , most of the team members left Iraq , I left in 1997 and I am in Australia now , the main programmed and the support programmer in Canada now ...the only guy I don’t know about is the musician ( Dr. Mahir ) ...I hope he made it out somehow

I wrote to RABAH ( the programmer ) yesterday regarding this issue but I didn’t get any response from him , maybe he is away in a vacation or something.

Any ways , just want to say thanks for the interest of the game , and wish you good luck of geting a copy of it soon

Old 30 August 2008, 16:39   #55
Rabbit80
Its hard being famous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murtadha View Post
I'd like to introduce myself ... My Nam is Murtadha , I am the guy who did the graphics of ( Babylonian Twins), I am very impressed to see all this interest of the game after all these years , it’s just like bringing back the amazing feeling of the old days of Amiga.

I got an email yesterday from (cody) regarding the game , and I was so surprised to know the there is some people in this world still interested in the amiga games ...I went through the comments of the people here and I’ve noticed that some people have doubts about developing Amiga game in Iraq , I just want to assure you that we developed this game in 1993-1994 in Baghdad and we were preparing to develop another one , and we started already , I did all the graphics of that one , but the programming never finished .
and you know what happened to the Amiga market that time .

And yes , most of the team members left Iraq , I left in 1997 and I am in Australia now , the main programmed and the support programmer in Canada now ...the only guy I don’t know about is the musician ( Dr. Mahir ) ...I hope he made it out somehow

I wrote to RABAH ( the programmer ) yesterday regarding this issue but I didn’t get any response from him , maybe he is away in a vacation or something.

Any ways , just want to say thanks for the interest of the game , and wish you good luck of geting a copy of it soon
Its amazing to hear from you guys (including Sydric)

Welcome both to EAB!

I hope that you keep checking in on EAB and if you feel like programming for the Amiga again - I am sure that the community would support you however they could!

If you still have copies of the graphics for the incomplete game, please post them here - there are many members of EAB that would appreciate it!
Old 30 August 2008, 17:24   #56
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murtadha View Post

Well after watching the videos on YouTube Murtadha, i am astounded that this came never saw the light of day because it truly is a Class A job!! And i can certainly speak for all other Amiga gamers here when i say that!

BTW, you say that you are now living in Australia!, which city do you live in?? I myself am in Melbourne and there is an Amiga Users Group that another user on here goes too but i myself have not yet gone, plus there is also a yearly retro gaming event ( that started last year ) that covers many systems such as the C64 and Amiga, so YES interest in Amiga gaming is "still" very much alive!!

Maybe you should pop by the Retro Event in November this year to relive some glory Amiga times with a few of us Australian EAB members

Again though, GREAT job on the game, we would all love to see it!
Old 30 August 2008, 17:40   #57
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
I would pay $5US for a copy (either ADF or Real disk) so long as the creators and rights holder got a fair share...
Old 30 August 2008, 17:42   #58
Murtadha

Thanks for the complement guys ....I live in Melbourne in the Southbank , I arrived here 8 months ago , I was living in Dubai the last ten years . and yes I would love to visit the Retro Event in Melbourne this year.

I have to mention this , I don’t have anything to do with programming , I am architect and when I did the graphics of the game I was student in the university , I used the (Deluxe Paint ) , I don’t remember which version it was at that time.

Regarding the graphics of the other game , I don’t have copy with me but the programmer most probably still have a copy with him , I will contact him, he is living in Canada and he worked for (electronic arts ) for a while , I don’t think he will mined to give a copy of the work .

Old 30 August 2008, 17:47   #59
Rabbit80
Its hard being famous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDNI View Post
I would pay $5US for a copy (either ADF or Real disk) so long as the creators and rights holder got a fair share...
I agree - it would be good to see the guys who made this get something back for it!
Old 30 August 2008, 17:57   #60
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit80 View Post
I agree - it would be good to see the guys who made this get something back for it!
I am more than happy to pay an amount for the game also , although i do respect Sydric's reservations in releasing the full game.

@Murtadha: I will get back to you tomorrow mate, my head is slumping.. tired