English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

Old 11 March 2006, 19:32   #1
AMIGAZ
Amiga-Mad

Send a message via ICQ to AMIGAZ
Whdload games won't start

Have just tried out both the ClassicWB ADV and ADVSP on my A1200 Blizzard 1230 MKIV 32mb fast ram but whdload games won't start, I just get the little blue whdload start screen but then nothing happens..this has happened in both the ADV and ADVSP
Is ClassicWB incompatible with '030 accelerators? or is it that I'm using PFS3 as my filesystem?
I'm using my own reg key in the "S" folder as usual (I'm no stranger to Whdload)
Old 12 March 2006, 17:07   #2
Bloodwych

Very strange, never heard of this problem before. Obviously it works fine in WinUAE and my 020 Amiga, but since I can't test with your specific hardware setup, I'm afraid I'm unable to help.

Have you tried launching games with the standard untouched install before adding anything else (like your reg key)?
Old 12 March 2006, 19:23   #3
AMIGAZ
Amiga-Mad

Send a message via ICQ to AMIGAZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwych
Very strange, never heard of this problem before. Obviously it works fine in WinUAE and my 020 Amiga, but since I can't test with your specific hardware setup, I'm afraid I'm unable to help.

Have you tried launching games with the standard untouched install before adding anything else (like your reg key)?
Yeah, thinks it's odd too
Tried the ClassicWB ADV pack on my vanilla '020 A1200 4mb fast ram and all whdload games worked there.
Might be that my regkey got corrupt when I transfered it from my PC to my '030 A1200, I'm going to transfer it lha packed as it is on my PC and unpack it on the A1200 to see if corruption is the case.
Otherwhise it must be some patch or something in the ClassicWB packages that doesn't work with my setup since previous WB3.1 and OS3.9 installs on that machine hasn't caused any problems.
Anyway, these ClassicWB are great...everything you need is there and the system runs smooth and is not weight down