English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 30 May 2001, 23:40   #1
Reg

Exclamation Found -> Tensai (Was: What is this game called?!?!?!?!)

Hi
I have looked EVERYWHERE for this game I had on a coverdisk years ago. I think it must have been about 1993-95. U played a muscley man with a big weird shaped sword that looked like a twig! The demo level was huge and finished with a picture of a big purple monster head on. I drew a (bad!) picture to make it easier for you all to see how the game looked!
Here is my rendition of how the game looked:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ian.hills/unknown.html

Oh and that yellow thing is a fallen tree.
So does ANYONE know this game?!? I think it began with "T" but I cant be sure!

PLEASE HELP!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.gif
Views:	881
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	138  

Old 31 May 2001, 00:23   #2
Jambo
Yarr!

Location: n. A place where something is or could be located; a site.
Lionheart perhaps?

Looks the same-ish
Old 31 May 2001, 10:35   #3
Reg

Defintely not lionheart, Ive played that.

Old 31 May 2001, 10:52   #4
Tim Janssen

Maybe "Odyssey" or "Targhan"?

A couple of weeks ago there was a discussion about a game called Targhan. A game called Odyssey is also mentioned. Maybe this is the game you are looking for?
Old 31 May 2001, 18:39   #5
Reg

I thought it might be Targhan at first (name sounded "right!) but looking at screenshots Ive found of Targhan I can see its not. It looked less real than Targhan. My picture isnt bad actually now I think about it!

Old 31 May 2001, 19:17   #6
Amiga1992

Haha, I love the pic I wish I could help you, but the game doesn't ring a bell...
Old 01 June 2001, 09:50   #7
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Usually Cody will step in here with one of his trademark double-barrel screenshots, but he is out of town for at least a week.

Would you recognize the game name if you saw it? If so, you may wanna try this site:
http://www.amigaos.de/service/ago/hack.htm

Could it be "Jim Power"?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jimpower.gif
Views:	784
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	141  
Old 01 June 2001, 11:13   #8
Reg

No I dont think it was Jim Power, the name doesnt sound right and it looks TOO colourful and cartoony. Thanks for the list tho, I will go through that and look up each one if I have too!

Old 04 June 2001, 23:59   #9
Warlock99
Webmaster of AmigaRarities

rastan

Picture reminds me of rastan, but this wasn't released for the amiga. I'm sure there's tons of similar games though. I've just looked at twistin's link and it sounds like torvak the warrior (core design I think)
Old 05 June 2001, 00:17   #10
Ian
Global Moderator

Hmm ....

...... This ring any bells.

This is Torvak The Warrior
Old 05 June 2001, 03:31   #11
Mangar
Got the fever back

Warlock99, you sure Rastan wasnt released on the amiga? I recall playing a crappy home computer version of the arcade classic.. maybe it was c64.. either way that will give me something to do..
Old 05 June 2001, 04:05   #12
osama

Lightbulb

a game called Unreal...

Old 05 June 2001, 08:41   #13
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

I don't seem to have it, but I was pretty sure "Rastan" was released on the Amiga, as well. I know I have seen ads for it and I am pretty sure I have seen a copy for sale on ebay. Not 100% sure, though...
Old 05 June 2001, 11:51   #14
Mangar
Got the fever back

the thing that makes me wonder is the fact it was released on every other platform at the time. Why not an amiga version
Old 05 June 2001, 13:21   #15
enigma

Big grin still no luck...?

well, it seems there's still no luck with your game...
even with a so much distinctive sword
the heroe carries with him.

Old 05 June 2001, 18:53   #16
Amiga1992

I also recall seeing Rastan available for the Amiga. I have played the C64 version for sure, but I don't remember playing the Amiga one. The ads were there, and I've seen boxes. Perhaps this is one game we should eb going after?

I still have no clue about this game. It would help if you remember in which coverdisk you got it. At least which magazine it was, so we can scan thru all mags from those 2 years.

Could it be something similar to Tex Warrior? This came in a The One coverdisk, as a full game freebie. However I don't know if it was like what you described, couldnt find the game right now for testing it.
Old 06 June 2001, 00:15   #17
Warlock99
Webmaster of AmigaRarities

Rastan

To be honest until this question I hadn't realised that rastan didn't exist for the amiga, but I did a check for an atari st version too and that doesn't seem to exist either, this seems to indicate that it wasn't released at the time for any 16-bit computer. The only version I can definitely remember playing was the c64 version, I also thought I'd played an amiga version, but I think we're all mistaken...
Old 06 June 2001, 01:20   #18
MethodGit

Post I don't have a clue either. But I thought I'd say this...

Quote:
Originally posted by Akira
I also recall seeing Rastan available for the Amiga. I have played the C64 version for sure, but I don't remember playing the Amiga one. The ads were there, and I've seen boxes. Perhaps this is one game we should eb going after?

I still have no clue about this game. It would help if you remember in which coverdisk you got it. At least which magazine it was, so we can scan thru all mags from those 2 years.

Could it be something similar to Tex Warrior? This came in a The One coverdisk, as a full game freebie. However I don't know if it was like what you described, couldnt find the game right now for testing it.
Nah, mate, I remember playing Trex Warrior a couple of months ago and it was this 3D exploration/space buggy/shoot 'em up/whatever thingy. Although the coverdisk version is not available at the Nth Dimension at this moment (you only get the cover scan), the game can be found at the Thalion Webshrine. I agree with you though, Akira, that Reg should try to remember what magazine and what coverdisk (details like issue number or date) the game came on. We'll try to help you the best we can! This must be one of those rare gems!!! Are you sure the (full) game was actually released and that it's not just the demo that ever existed?
Old 06 June 2001, 05:17   #19
Mangar
Got the fever back

I did some scrounging today.. Best I came up with was Taito claiming they were making a copy for the amiga. Whether they released it who knows. Maybe it was mame I played it on.. heh
Old 06 June 2001, 17:59   #20
Amiga1992

I also recall a PC version of Rastan, was that ditched too? I sure have seen screenshots of all that in a Compute!'s Magazine, I'll try to scan the ad.