English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 01 April 2016, 07:17   #61
Pyromania

Please please make a see through case. Please with candy on top.
Old 01 April 2016, 18:25   #62
Schuimpy
AMIGA CASE

Dear Amigans,

As promised a more detailed update.

Launch is nearby.

If everything goes as planned the project will be launched in the week of 11-18 April. Awaiting confirmation from my prefered manufacturer concerning the timeline of the project.

Secondly I am trying to get one more official supporter to join the project. Launch of the project is not depending on that.

As stated earlier, AMIGA CASE is now officialy licensed by Amiga Inc. so I added pictures of the AMIGA CASE with the original Amiga Logo.

Prices of the AMIGA CASE are unchanged.

Kind Regards
Old 01 April 2016, 18:37   #63
Amiga1992

Still no chance of a transparent case I guess?
Old 01 April 2016, 22:38   #64
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Still no chance of a transparent case I guess?
Or one with a Slim Drive slot?
Old 02 April 2016, 19:46   #65
ifrit05

I wonder if I'll be able to mount a Mac Mini G4 logic board in one...
Old 02 April 2016, 20:11   #66
PortuguesePilot
Global Moderator

Are there any intentions of making A500, A600 and/or A1200 cases adapted to a Gotek drive?
Old 04 April 2016, 13:36   #67
Schuimpy
AMIGA CASE

Hi,

A Gotek drive is a 3,5 inch device just like a normal floppy disk drive for the A2000/4000 or towered A1200's . The AMIGA CASE is developed with those devices in mind. The AMIGA CASE is fully compatible with the Gotek drive. Watch the video again and imagine the floppy disk drive as a Gotek drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortuguesePilot View Post
Are there any intentions of making A500, A600 and/or A1200 cases adapted to a Gotek drive?
Old 09 April 2016, 13:01   #68
Schuimpy
AMIGA CASE

Hi Guys, Until today everything goes as planned and I encountered no obstacles to launch the project next week. I'll keep you posted.
Old 13 April 2016, 21:20   #69
Schuimpy
AMIGA CASE

Project launched !!!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a...omputer-case#/

Dear Amigans,

I am very happy to announce the AMIGA CASE project is successfully launched on Indiegogo.com

Tell your friends, family, colleagues, your neighbours, everybody who might be interested.

The sooner you support the AMIGA CASE project the greater the chance that the campaign succeeds !! So don’t wait with your contribution until the end of the campaign. Your support / contribution is much appreciated and of great influence of the success of the campaign.

Let’s make this campaign to a success !!!!

Please read the whole campaign. If there are any questions, let me know.

Kind regards,

Jarno Smit

Schuimpy
Old 13 April 2016, 21:54   #70
cmsj

Congrats Schuimpy! Hope the campaign succeeds. Just backed for two cases
Old 13 April 2016, 22:27   #71
Amiga1992

Amazing news.
I for one welcome this new case, it sounds more well thought out in my opinion than just replicating the old one, with the extra space and future compatibility in mind. I had no idea it was bigger. Any chance to show some 3D mockups comparing the size with a standard A1200 case?
Old 13 April 2016, 22:36   #72
spudje

Totally agree, this is a more modern re-interpretation of the original A1200 wedge. Somewhere in the video you can at least already see the difference between an original and new bottom part of the case, where the mainboard is moved from the old to the new. I pledged for 2.
Old 13 April 2016, 22:46   #73
cmsj

@Schuimpy - I have a question about the 3.5" bays and how the drives attach. It sounds like they attach to the top half of the case? Could we see a render of the inside of the top half?
Old 13 April 2016, 22:46   #74
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudje View Post
Somewhere in the video you can at least already see the difference between an original and new bottom part of the case, where the mainboard is moved from the old to the new. I pledged for 2.
Hmm yeah, but I can't really notice what is different, it's very slight, in the video at least.
I love that it has brass inserts for screws. No more ruining a case by over tightening a screw! Very welcome addition.
Old 14 April 2016, 02:15   #75
Akiko

I will support if a transparent case option becomes available.
Old 14 April 2016, 13:32   #76
Schuimpy
AMIGA CASE

Hi, Thank you very much for your support.

You're right, 3,5 inch devices like floppy disk drives will be attached to the top half of the AMIGA CASE. Devices will hang above the installed hardware instead of laying on top of the installed hardware like in the original Amiga 1200 case. A detailed 3d render of the inside of the top half will come available later (technical elaboration).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsj View Post
@Schuimpy - I have a question about the 3.5" bays and how the drives attach. It sounds like they attach to the top half of the case? Could we see a render of the inside of the top half?
Old 14 April 2016, 14:03   #77
Schuimpy
AMIGA CASE

Hi Akira,

Thanks for the compliments. In comparison to the original Amiga 1200 case the motherboard is placed about 2cm more backwards. This doesn't sound like much but the impact on useful space inside the AMIGA CASE is huge and makes it possible to install 3,5 inch in the top cover and leave enough room to install for example a FastAta together with an Indivision scandoubler or install big 128mb simms on your blizzard scsi kit without touching the keyboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Amazing news.
I for one welcome this new case, it sounds more well thought out in my opinion than just replicating the old one, with the extra space and future compatibility in mind. I had no idea it was bigger. Any chance to show some 3D mockups comparing the size with a standard A1200 case?
Old 14 April 2016, 23:40   #78
eXeler0

Nice to see the campaign launched. I will pledge for at least one case, but I noticed you mention the possibility of launching additional campaigns for keyboards and caps.

Now.. Lets assume we all see the big elephant in the room here..

Its no secret Philippe has exactly the same plans after his Amiga case kickstarter.
While I totally get the usefulness of a modified Amiga case, the keyboards would be exactly the same, wouldn't they? (an the key caps obviously). So IMO it would simply be silly to have two ppl each trying their own campaigns to do the exact same thing. Surely you realize you would both lose on splitting the potential buyer numbers in half. Maybe you should at least consider talking about it with "the other guy"?
From the user point of view the objective itself is more important than who does it, so I'll venture a guess that such a project would benefit from co-operation.
Old 15 April 2016, 21:53   #79
kolla
Banned

Quote:
From the user point of view the objective itself is more important than who does it, so I'll venture a guess that such a project would benefit from co-operation.
Not really needed, we users can just decide which keyboard project that we want to succeed, simply by choosing which one we end up supporting. And if both succeed, then great.
Old 15 April 2016, 22:02   #80
Schuimpy
AMIGA CASE

Thanks for your support

As you may understand, right now I am totally focused on this project. Keycaps and a keyboard are the next step. After successful completion of the project I surely give it some thought. Thanks for thinking along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXeler0 View Post
Nice to see the campaign launched. I will pledge for at least one case, but I noticed you mention the possibility of launching additional campaigns for keyboards and caps.

Now.. Lets assume we all see the big elephant in the room here..

Its no secret Philippe has exactly the same plans after his Amiga case kickstarter.
While I totally get the usefulness of a modified Amiga case, the keyboards would be exactly the same, wouldn't they? (an the key caps obviously). So IMO it would simply be silly to have two ppl each trying their own campaigns to do the exact same thing. Surely you realize you would both lose on splitting the potential buyer numbers in half. Maybe you should at least consider talking about it with "the other guy"?