English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Thread Tools
Old 27 June 2020, 19:13   #1
Registered User

Join Date: May 2020
Location: NE / UK
Posts: 35
Amiga key plunger/rubber short

Whatever the name is for those: I am talking about the things that look rubber and actually connect/short the pads of a key on the keyboard PCB thereby registering a key press.

I have noticed that for me it seems more common that these "rubber things" are the source of key presses not registering.

1. What material is this non-rubber thing?
2. How to clean them? I tried to use IPA and nothing made a difference. Do they just lose conductivity after time?
rjd324 is offline  
Old 27 June 2020, 19:42   #2
Registered User

solarmon's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 967
It's carbonised rubber and they do seem to loose conductivity over time.

I normally fix these by covering the end with copper tape, the kind you use as a slug repellent.
solarmon is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A1000 keyboard plunger/s rossb request.Other 2 02 September 2019 19:09
Amiga key=Windows key and problems there of darkhog support.WinUAE 1 31 March 2017 22:08
FS-UAE 2.5.6dev Amiga Key (Windows key) pops up the start menu Marskilla support.FS-UAE 3 23 September 2014 23:18
Amiga 1200 / 600 Desktop Rubber Feet x4 amigakit.com MarketPlace 4 01 March 2012 17:58
Amiga 'HELP' key - tribute thread to the abandoned key... Paul_s Amiga scene 22 23 July 2009 12:15

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:16.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.05783 seconds with 14 queries