English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 29 December 2004, 01:55   #1
matrix_neo

C and D harddrives, where to install ?

Hi all,

Until recently, I had 1 hard drive. I just installed a 2nd hardrive - called "D". Unique, I know...lol.

Anyway, I also had Winuae 0.8.22.8. My question is, i'm reinstalling Winuae 0.8.22.8, my problem is when I start the program, i get a "Dinput8.dll" file not found. So i figure I can do a reinstall of the winuae program which will resolve my issue. However, now that I have 2 hard drives, I want to move all of my games to the D drive. That alone isnt the problem, but which drive do I do the install of winuae on? I would prefer the D drive to keep everything on one drive. I have a Windows 98 system. Thanks all,

Last edited by Paul; 29 December 2004 at 10:41. Reason: deleted a direct signature

Old 29 December 2004, 10:39   #2
Paul
RIP Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix_neo
My question is, i'm reinstalling Winuae 0.8.22.8, my problem is when I start the program, i get a "Dinput8.dll" file not found.
You need to Install >= DirectX 8

Link to DirectX9.0C
Old 29 December 2004, 10:59   #3
Jim

Best to install all programs in C:\Program Files (or whatever your local language equivalent)

Use D for data and stuff you want to keep (e.g. ADF's, MP3's, install files, movies, documents).

This way it's not such a hassle reinstalling/upgrading Windows as most of C:\ can be formatted and classed as junk (providing you have original install discs/programs for all the applications you use, and remember to save off stuff such as Favourites, Cookies, Emails etc...) - in fact if you are a more technical user it's possible to relocate all of these things to D:\

But this is not the forum for such issues, I recommend further internet research on partitions @ Google.

Old 29 December 2004, 22:41   #4
matrix_neo

Thanks a bunch everyone, have a Happy New Year !