English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 24 September 2022, 10:46   #1
thyslo

DOpus5: Opening a shell with current lister path

I'm currently trying to tune my Dopus 5.82 installation.

One thing I had been looking for a while is to open a Shell (or VinceEd in my case) with the current src lister path loaded.

Is there a way to do so?
Old 24 September 2022, 11:43   #2
daxb

I think some ways are possible. One is to add a toolbar button or drop-down menu entry for lister that contains the command "cli" with attribute "CD source". With the DOpus5 ARexx port you can get the path of listers. This can be used for a CD command or as an argument for ViNCEd if it supports such a function.
Old 26 September 2022, 09:20   #3
jPV

I use a hotkey (lamiga-s) to open a shell window in DOpus 5.82. You can define a global hotkey from Settings -> Hotkeys, or if you have a Shell button, startmenu, usermenu, or similar already, you can assign the keyboard shortcut on it instead. It doesn't even need any flags set (well, maybe run async) and it CDs automatially according the lister path that is active.
Old 27 September 2022, 20:27   #4
thyslo

Thanks for your tips. It helped me and I got it to work:-)

But two other questions have arisen. I would ask them here, even if the thread title no longer fits:

1) Is it possible to quickly move a file to its parent, even if the parent isn't loaded in destination lister?

I see, you can copy a file to parent by drag'n dropping it to the left lister border. But is there maybe a way (Modifier key pressed etc.) to move it instead of copying?

2) I like to use a Dopus Arexx script called 'Dir to dest'. This cd's the destination lister to the selected directory entry of the source lister if there is one. Currently I have it on a button. But I would like to have this script run automatically when clicking on a directory in src lister while having e.g. Ctrl pressed.

Is it possible to run a script when clicking on a lister entry while a modifier key like Ctrl is pressed?
Old 28 September 2022, 08:24   #5
jPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by thyslo View Post
1) Is it possible to quickly move a file to its parent, even if the parent isn't loaded in destination lister?

I see, you can copy a file to parent by drag'n dropping it to the left lister border. But is there maybe a way (Modifier key pressed etc.) to move it instead of copying?
You can configure it from the Filetype settings. Edit the "All" filetype to make it work with all files and dirs.

Double-click the "Drag'n'drop" event to see what you have there. Probably "Command Copy". Then double-click the "Drag'n'drop (Ctrl)" event and if it's empty, add a Command "Copy MOVEWHENSAME". Now the files will be moved instead of copying when you drag&drop them into parent or sub directory with the Ctrl key pressed.

Quote:
2) I like to use a Dopus Arexx script called 'Dir to dest'. This cd's the destination lister to the selected directory entry of the source lister if there is one. Currently I have it on a button. But I would like to have this script run automatically when clicking on a directory in src lister while having e.g. Ctrl pressed.

Is it possible to run a script when clicking on a lister entry while a modifier key like Ctrl is pressed?
Edit the "All, Directories" filetype and add this action for the "Double-click (Ctrl)" event.
Old 30 September 2022, 08:00   #6
thyslo

Thank you, jPV!

The first one works great!

The second, 'Double-click (Ctrl)', doesn't work with my Dopus 5.82. It also doesn't work when I assign it another command (e.g. GetSize). Then I tried 'double click (Alt)' and it doesn't work either.

Is there perhaps be a setting in Dopus that prevents the modifier key actions from working?
Old 30 September 2022, 09:19   #7
jPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by thyslo View Post
The second, 'Double-click (Ctrl)', doesn't work with my Dopus 5.82. It also doesn't work when I assign it another command (e.g. GetSize). Then I tried 'double click (Alt)' and it doesn't work either.

Is there perhaps be a setting in Dopus that prevents the modifier key actions from working?
What happens when you try to use a modifier key?

If it changes the direcotry just like without a key pressed, then it doesn't take the key press for some reason.

But if it doesn't change the dir and nothing seems to happen, then the key press has been taken, but there's something else in the action configuration.

In any case I have a Command "GetSizes FORCE" for "Double-click (Ctrl)" in my setup, and that works fine.
Old 30 September 2022, 09:39   #8
thyslo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jPV View Post
But if it doesn't change the dir and nothing seems to happen, then the key press has been taken, but there's something else in the action configuration.
This happens here. If I assign 'GetSizes FORCE' to 'Double-click (Ctrl)' nothing happens if I click or double click a directory with control pressed.

The priority of file type 'All, Directories' is set to 0 if this is important. Originally it was something linke -14 but I changed it to 0.