English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 14 August 2018, 06:11   #181
ajk

Quote:
Originally Posted by amenophis View Post
You're absolutely right. Everything is done blindly.
Jeez.
I wasn't implying that tests weren't made, but very obviously faulty cases were shipped out before the process was optimal. If it's only a small number and they can be replaced, not a big deal.
Old 14 August 2018, 06:30   #182
TjLaZer

New Amiga 1200 cases availability

Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican9 View Post
Also, since I live in Norway it takes like forever to get the case in the first place. And shipping is not cheap. So sending it back is out of the question for me. it would take months. Already waited a month to get it in the first place, even though the shop listed it as in stock. I (the customer) will end up with the shortest straw. It's really annoying to get a case with this kind of quality because someone in the factory didn't bother to visually inspect it before they sent it out to resellers.

I wonder why I have never seen an original A1200 case with this kind of deformation/corrugations in the plastic? Because they did quality control.

In your situation it would probably be acceptable to not have to ship back your badly deformed case and just have them send you a replacement. I hope that is what happens. Shipping will be a lot to ship back a deformed case. Unless they refund that cost to you.
Old 14 August 2018, 10:25   #183
sneckburger

I'm chuffed to bits with mine.
I never expected it to be an exact replacement of the original, but the quality is good enough to convince me that it could have been manufactured by Commodore back in the day.
I suppose it’s similar to classic car restoration. Purists often spend thousands only on genuine OEM components to rebuild a car as if it was factory fresh. If that’s what they are looking for, then this Amiga case probably isn’t for you.
Though If you are looking for a rebuilt factory fresh looking Amiga, maybe with an non factory upgraded engine to improve daily life, then this Amiga case IS probably what you are looking for.

Last edited by sneckburger; 14 August 2018 at 10:32.
Old 14 August 2018, 11:27   #184
demolition
Unregistered User

I had an issue with one of mine as it had scratches on the side, likely due to improper handling at the factory or the warehouse who did the packaging and shipping. Yes, perhaps they could have caught it if they manually checked every single case thoroughly before shipping them out, but even if they did, mistakes can still happen. In any case, they handled it very nicely and I quickly got a replacement chassis so I have nothing but good things to say about their quality handling.

I can see slight waving on the top lines of the case, but this is not something I have seen as an issue since you only notice this if you look closely. If you know about injection moulding, you would also know that it can be very hard to avoid these kinds of issues, particularly when you are dealing with a single large piece like this. Even the original A1200 chassis from C= have moulding problems - have you ever seen an original A1200 where the top and bottom case fits together properly on the left side? No, because none of them do.
Old 14 August 2018, 14:54   #185
kolla
Banned

@amenophis

Yes, totally agree.

You should relax now, it's possible for the rest of us to educate those who complain about where to go and what to.

Btw - I have yet to find a camera that manage to correctly capture the colour of the light blue case
Old 14 August 2018, 15:05   #186
demolition
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolla View Post
Btw - I have yet to find a camera that manage to correctly capture the colour of the light blue case
That is mostly a lighting and camera calibration issue. And obviously the monitor showing the picture at the other end also needs to be correctly calibrated.
Old 14 August 2018, 15:09   #187
kolla
Banned

Yes, blue-green is tricky
Old 14 August 2018, 18:12   #188
clebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolla View Post
Yes, blue-green is tricky
Have you tried taking it outdoors for a photo? I'd be interested to see it as I almost plumped for the light blue one...
Old 14 August 2018, 18:52   #189
Signman

My black one came out quite well. My only dilemma is what to put in it, transfer my board from my 1200 or Vampire stand alone. Good work.
Old 25 August 2018, 18:35   #190
turrican9

I sent a mail with a picture of the corrugations on the A1200 grills to amigastore 12 days ago. No answer yet. I can live with these corrugations as I said earlier but my impression is that amigastore is not providing the same fast customer service they used to a few years ago. I have several instances the past year where they don't answer or take ages to answer mails and this summer it took them weeks to ship my A1200 case that was listed as in stock and weeks to answer an email. A few years ago they were extremely fast to ship stuff and was very fast to respond.

I heard the same stories about another very known retro company. Where their customer service has gone worse and worse the last few years. I will definately be more careful where I shop from now on.

Customer service is extremely important to me. I can forgive one instance if there is a good excuse but when it starts to look like a trend then I shy away.
Old 28 August 2018, 16:05   #191
chocsplease

Such a shame that some folk have had problems with their cases. My white case came from the peeps at Amiga kit and is fine, it even has a QA sticker on it.

The only minor issues with it are where they have added the pop out for the lcd for the gotech. The edge of the pop-out is a bit waved but only visible in certain lighting. It also looks a bit whiter than I remember the original cases, but that could just be my yellowing memory.

I hope that the issues get fixed. Projects like this are great for keeping the Amiga name alive and problems help no-one.
Old 14 September 2018, 18:10   #192
marioelvis

Very nice. If only I hadn't sell my A500 in favor of that bloody 486.
Old 18 September 2018, 17:59   #193
turrican9

Quote:
Originally Posted by marioelvis View Post
Very nice. If only I hadn't sell my A500 in favor of that bloody 486.
So finally got an answer today from amigastore.eu about the picture I sent to them of my new A1200 case having corrugations in the grill. I sent the mail the 13th of August and finally got my reply today. That's way over a month response time. Same thing happened earlier this summer when I sent them a mail about them not sending the case to me even though it was listed as in stock.

Here is what they had to say to me:

Hello xxxx,

First of all: sorry for our late reply. We put this problem to the knowledge of the supplier but, somehow, we forgot to contact you

It is not normal, it is a manufacturing defect. That is why I have added a voucher to your account. Please, put this code xxxxxxxxx on the voucher field at the checkout process and you will obtain a discount of 26,50 EUR. Voucher code is available until September, 18th 2019.

Best regards,
xxxxxxxxxxx - AMIGAstore.eu

So should I accept this?
Old 18 September 2018, 18:03   #194
UberFreak

So, they admit its a manufacturing defect but don't offer to replace the item?
Old 18 September 2018, 18:05   #195
turrican9

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberFreak View Post
So, they admit its a manufacturing defect but don't offer to replace the item?
How could they replace it when none are in stock? and this thing with them taking months to answer mails are really starting to annoy me.
Old 18 September 2018, 18:27   #196
demolition
Unregistered User

I'd say it is up to you to judge if you can accept their offer. It is either that or a full refund (if you return it). If there are no more cases available, then obviously they cannot replace it with a new one even if they wanted to.
Old 18 September 2018, 18:40   #197
turrican9

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
I'd say it is up to you to judge if you can accept their offer. It is either that or a full refund (if you return it). If there are no more cases available, then obviously they cannot replace it with a new one even if they wanted to.
I answered their email:

Thanks for the answer

I sent the email 13th of August of 2018. It took you way past a month to reply. Same thing happened earlier this summer when I ordered this A1200 case from you. It was listed as in stock and it took you many weeks/a month to process and ship the order. And took weeks to reply my email. It's starting to look like a trend.

Also, with all that waiting I did this summer I get an A1200 case which you admit to having a manufacturing defect on top of it all. Isn't it normal to offer a replacement or a full refund for the product when it's defective? When I pay this amount and wait for ages to get the product (even though it was listed as in stock at the time I ordered it) I at least expect it to be without manufacturing defects.

Regards xxxx

It is out of the question for me to ship it back. I'm not spending more energy or money on this. I feel I as a customer have suffered enough. We'll see if it takes another month or more for them to answer again.
Old 18 September 2018, 18:56   #198
demolition
Unregistered User

I'm not sure how the rules are in EU in general, but in Denmark the seller has to cover the return shipping cost for any defective products. If you do not want to spend the energy posting it, then you have no rights to get anything.
Old 18 September 2018, 19:17   #199
turrican9

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
I'm not sure how the rules are in EU in general, but in Denmark the seller has to cover the return shipping cost for any defective products. If you do not want to spend the energy posting it, then you have no rights to get anything.
True. But after my above mentioned experience they may loose a customer if not.

Customer service is extremely important. I work as a service electrician and if a customer have any fault on anything we have installed we almost immediately go home to the customer and change the faulty component. Without the customer needing to worry about anything or paying for anything, as long as it's within the 5 year warranty. Customer service makes happy customers. And happy customers come back for more. It's better to sacrifice a little bit and have a happy customer instead of ending up with annoyed customers.

If I end up taking that voucher and at the same time my experience with this company summer/fall I will end up as a not super happy customer. It's okay, but I will think twice before I shop there anymore. Last year an order from them was missing a few items which I payed for, not expensive ones but they were not in the package. They never aswered my mails regarding this. A few years ago I had no problems with them. They were fast to respond to emails and fast to process orders. So to me it looks like things have changed from a really good customer experience to not so good. I can accept one excuse, but when it's starting to become a trend then I shy away and look elsewhere.
Old 18 September 2018, 21:00   #200
amigakit.com

@Turrican9

What colour is your defective case? ASB Computer may not have them in stock but we have both white and clear available. Maybe we can help, let me contact Phillippe about your case.